East Coast Marley420's First Indoor Grow: 2020

:high-five: Before you flush I’d recommend looking into it more. @InTheShed has a couple great post to read in his signature. I am organic but I am convinced flushing is a myth. But come to your own conclusion

Positive vibes
Thank you I will read forsure.

Thanks for the shout @Silverfox125!

@East Coast Marley420 If you are interested in some information on plain water feeding before harvest, you can read my post on it here, and check out the first two links in my signature.

The bottom line is that the plant will not "use up" any nutrients from the flowers by being fed plain water for the last x weeks/days before harvest. Nutrients cannot be flushed from the buds. Flushing plants will not improve the flavor of the smoked buds, only a good dry and cure will do that.

Thanks for the shout @Silverfox125!

@East Coast Marley420 If you are interested in some information on plain water feeding before harvest, you can read my post on it here, and check out the first two links in my signature.

The bottom line is that the plant will not "use up" any nutrients from the flowers by being fed plain water for the last x weeks/days before harvest. Nutrients cannot be flushed from the buds. Flushing plants will not improve the flavor of the smoked buds, only a good dry and cure will do that.
Thank you i really enjoyed this, a great read and definitely something to think about, i am all about the cure.

Well I'll start with my equipment,

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
4" exhaust fan and filter
Soon to have a 6" duct booster fan running in from a cool insulated water pump room
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots
Food, general hydroponics (3 part flora grow, micro, bloom), rapid start, cal mag and koolbloom dry.

Plants, 4 auto flower, Early Miss,
3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
These will be my first harvest, the auto flower in one half and the Cinderella and Headband in other half of tent,
I also have a Rockstar that will be cloned and hopefully ready to replace the auto flower when finished. I have read that auto flower will flower even on 18 hour light cycle, as mine have already after just over 3 weeks from seed, my plan is to keep them under 18 hours for a couple more weeks so I can veg the Cinderella and Headband longer, then I will switch to 12 hour light cycle. I've been keeping a record as best I can and I will post it from the start when I can, I started germinating seeds January 1st.
Patience is a virtue lol
I am giving the Early Miss 10 more days, after counting the days and weeks from a calendar, and a little more research and feedback, (which i should have been from the start and will continue) determine 10 days lol, but of course still go with what the trichomes are telling me, still seeing some clear ones on all of them no amber except on the sugar leaves, some are a little closer than others but im making it the finish on all of them, I'll have some nice amber trics for night time and the rest day time, fishing season is coming lol, so with that said I fed them again and will one more time. I am seeing a surprising increase in yield and from what I'm learning if I would have timed it better with feedings and not slacking off thinking they were closer, that increase would have been much nicer, and wondering if I had them under 12/12 what difference there would have been, I am seeing quality, and that is most important of course, and I am very happy about that. I have a better grasp on what I will be doing with the next one's waiting to flower.
As with the Cinderella and Headband in thier 4x4 space under the hps and the 4 replacing the Early Miss waiting on the sidelines, I'd love to have in 5 gallon pots now, it is getting a little crowded, I didn't want this but here I am lol, the 2 Rockstar got a little close to the light and got a little light stress on some tips, so I slid the light and auto's over to the side wall concentrating the led on the autos, it looks ok, and another breakthrough I discovered, the hood on my hps is big and I thought having the hood closed up would send more light straight down, after sitting there looking and thinking I opened the flaps up just to see if any difference and all I can say is, I am very happy I caught this mistake before I transition them to flower, the increase in light to the sides is incredible, grow and learn lol
I am really looking forward to getting the Early Miss out and the 4 on the sidelines under the led at a proper distance, in their own 4x4 space.
I have new supplements coming in the mail tomorrow so will give them a couple feedings before I transition them to flower. It is going on 8 weeks veg for them except the Gorilla Glue and Northern Lights, 6 weeks.
Sorry for the novel, I'll end this night here.
20200302_022333.jpg
20200301_015753.jpg
20200302_022506.jpg
20200302_022531.jpg
20200302_022551.jpg
:peace: :ganjamon:

It's always great to catch things before flowering, so you can end up with the best harvest you can. And great lessons learned...the learning never stops with this growing thing!
Thank you, I am enjoying this kind of learning very much and will continue lol

So after seeing this lastnight I realized it is just wrong.
20200306_001323.jpg
So I decided to finish them off in my livingroom window for afternoon and evening sun and back bedroom to catch the morning sun, the back bedroom is completely dark and I don't have any outside light pollution here, country living is awesome, and wow i finally get to put them under approximately 12/12 light cycle lol
I like this breathing space much better...
20200306_000842.jpg
I think this should be significant light to finish them off...
20200306_001003.jpg
20200306_000929.jpg
I would really like to transition the photos into flower this weekend or early next week, also get these last 4 into 5 gallon pots as soon as I harvest the autos, another thought is to wait until I transplant before the transition, lots to contemplate.

Some folks transplant and flip, but I prefer to wait a couple of weeks for the roots to discover the new soil first.

couldn’t agree more shed:passitleft:

I am picking Friday the 13th, and full moon this week, it's perfect for my first indoor attempt lol. I see a few amber trichomes starting so I am excited. I started following Dr. Ziggy's low and slow curing technique, I knew as soon as I started reading it is a perfect method for preserving as many as those awesome terpenes as possible, so I am setting up to perform that, I will document my success on here lol, I don't even think I'm worried that it won't work, the members that started this are having great success with it and they make the process easy to understand and follow, I won't have very much to process at one time, will be harvesting two Friday and the other two a day or two apart. With a big harvest it would be a very big process to undertake and a new fridge or two would be needed lol.
I am still moving them from the back room to the livingroom for day and night, I put a fan on them through the day, the sun was hot shining on them today and I've been using a dehumidifier in the back room at night time, humidity was up to mid 60's so I have it down to low 40's now.
I am loving what I am seeing from these plants, medicine to the eyes and nose right now. I also started following a thread on how to take better photos of your plants, got a couple good tips so far.
20200312_030804.jpg
20200312_030820.jpg
20200312_030835.jpg
20200312_030855.jpg
So moving forward with the next plants waiting patiently for me to flip the lights to 12/12 I am very excited with the possibilities, I definitely have some work to do to get them ready, I will be cutting many clones soon to thin out the jungle lol, I will have some happy friends receiving some clones soon. I know more dosen't lead to lots in the end, I will need to take some tops so they don't get too crowded, I am imagining one of these plants under either one of my lights and still have a decent crop, I will try that someday.
Better pic without the hps on.
20200312_030707.jpg
20200312_030739.jpg
This is the schedule I am following with the General Hydroponics Flora Series
20200312_030635.jpg
I will have all the supplements but one by this Monday, I am very excited about that, finish this next harvest up proper. The only supplement I don't have have will be Armor Si, they were sold out. I also have new 5 gallon pots coming for the 4 in 3 gallon pots now, so I won't have to wait to harvest all these autos first, and flip these darn lights lol.
My next post will be buds hanging to drip dry after washing them and then in paper bags and placed into the fridge to slow dry.

:peace: :ganjamon::passitleft:

Those buds were hit by some beautiful snowfall Marley...well done!

If you want a quick summary of low and slow, MrSauga put a nice one together here.
Thank you Shed, that was awesome, it really cleared up the whole process, I actually decided to cut 2 plants down in the hot late afternoon sun today rather than tomorrow when it's either snowing or raining lol,
They have been hanging for 3 hours now, I washed them in water and peroxide mix and rinsed in distilled water, looking through my scope I see zero damage to any trichomes, still feel and smell awesome. :peace: :reading420magazine:

I decided to harvest two plants a day early while the sun was on them hot and bright, forecast for Friday the 13th is snow and rain. I left a few smaller bottom flowers, to pick and dry a little faster for a sample lol.
I attempted Dr Ziggy's low and slow drying and curing method, I had a bucket for gently washing the buds with water and peroxide mix, I used about quarter cup, and a bucket with just water for rinsing.
20200313_043808.jpg
20200313_043658.jpg
I hung them on a rack for 4 hours to drip dry, 20200313_032639.jpg
20200313_032723.jpg
20200313_032756.jpg

I clipped the buds off the stems and left the sugar leaves on for now, I also didn't leave any buds too chunky so they will dry more evenly with everything else, maybe the big ones look nice but it all gets you medicated the same lol, and placed them loosely in a paper bag and in the fridge for the long dry,
20200313_032910.jpg
20200313_032839.jpg
I weighed out 28 grams wet in each bag and hope to get a quarter oz dry. There was around 6 :peace: :yummy: oz wet.
The humidity is staying just below 75%, the temp has been a little lower than I like at 3.7c, I've been playing with the dial to try and bring it up a couple degrees. So far so good, fridge has never smelled so good lol, back to reading the whole process again, I will be keeping close eye on the monitor for now.

Great harvest and great plan for the low and slow! My fridge smelled so good when I did it that it attracted too many teenagers. Now I dry the old fashioned way...
Thanks Shed, the other 2 plants are still filling out nice, getting way more from them than I thought I would, I live alone so I'm safe for now, till my kids get a taste and will probably visit more, my cat is starting to require a taste for the tips of the sugar leaves so I need to keep a eye on her lol

Well the last couple weeks have been crazy to say the least, first off I hope and pray everyone is healthy and safe,
I've been hunkered down just me and the cat, it's easy to keep busy but not easy to stop thinking about what's happening, I don't have tv service so that's a plus, social media isn't much better but need to stay informed, anyways stay safe and be thankful for the therapy the garden is providing through this lol, I also have 30 maple trees tapped to collect the sap, I have close to 2 liters of finished syrup so far, still a week or 2 to go maybe, I see some cannabis infused maple butter in the near future lol.
As for my garden I still have 2 Early Miss I will pick any day now, wow this is day 84 give or take, I'm thinking I jump the gun just a little with the first 2 but from some sample smoke it is just fine, but from the difference I am seeing on these last 2 from letting them go is incredible, I am happy I waited.
The plant's in the tent got ahead of me very fast, it took me 3 days to trim and flush, so I am closer to flowering stage now, I also got the 4 in 3 gallon pots into thier new 5 gallon pots, I'm just about ready to flip, I'm giving them a couple feedings and some time to recover first. But anything I've done so far hasn't slowed them down, I will still have to cut a few tops off, I'll pick the biggest strongest ones to stay.
I'll post a few pics before signing off and will be working on flipping my lights in the next few days, I'll get some pics of the tent when I get some string tied up to make a grid, and get these tops organized lol.

The real Marley, she's a great babysitter lol,
20200324_033915.jpg
Morning sun,
20200324_033755.jpg
Evening sun,
20200324_034037.jpg
The sample smoke has been great,
20200324_034449.jpg
Before and after I trimmed, Cinderella,
20200324_034241.jpg
20200324_034309.jpg

:peace:

Well the last couple weeks have been crazy to say the least, first off I hope and pray everyone is healthy and safe,
I've been hunkered down just me and the cat, it's easy to keep busy but not easy to stop thinking about what's happening, I don't have tv service so that's a plus, social media isn't much better but need to stay informed, anyways stay safe and be thankful for the therapy the garden is providing through this lol, I also have 30 maple trees tapped to collect the sap, I have close to 2 liters of finished syrup so far, still a week or 2 to go maybe, I see some cannabis infused maple butter in the near future lol.
As for my garden I still have 2 Early Miss I will pick any day now, wow this is day 84 give or take, I'm thinking I jump the gun just a little with the first 2 but from some sample smoke it is just fine, but from the difference I am seeing on these last 2 from letting them go is incredible, I am happy I waited.
The plant's in the tent got ahead of me very fast, it took me 3 days to trim and flush, so I am closer to flowering stage now, I also got the 4 in 3 gallon pots into thier new 5 gallon pots, I'm just about ready to flip, I'm giving them a couple feedings and some time to recover first. But anything I've done so far hasn't slowed them down, I will still have to cut a few tops off, I'll pick the biggest strongest ones to stay.
I'll post a few pics before signing off and will be working on flipping my lights in the next few days, I'll get some pics of the tent when I get some string tied up to make a grid, and get these tops organized lol.

The real Marley, she's a great babysitter lol,
20200324_033915.jpg
Morning sun,
20200324_033755.jpg
Evening sun,
20200324_034037.jpg
The sample smoke has been great,
20200324_034449.jpg
Before and after I trimmed, Cinderella,
20200324_034241.jpg
20200324_034309.jpg

:peace: