East Coast Marley420's First Indoor Grow: 2020

Well I'll start with my equipment,

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
4" exhaust fan and filter
Soon to have a 6" duct booster fan running in from a cool insulated water pump room
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots
Food, general hydroponics (3 part flora grow, micro, bloom), rapid start, cal mag and koolbloom dry.

Plants, 4 auto flower, Early Miss,
3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
These will be my first harvest, the auto flower in one half and the Cinderella and Headband in other half of tent,
I also have a Rockstar that will be cloned and hopefully ready to replace the auto flower when finished. I have read that auto flower will flower even on 18 hour light cycle, as mine have already after just over 3 weeks from seed, my plan is to keep them under 18 hours for a couple more weeks so I can veg the Cinderella and Headband longer, then I will switch to 12 hour light cycle. I've been keeping a record as best I can and I will post it from the start when I can, I started germinating seeds January 1st.
I trimmed off some leaves on the auto flower tonight, hope I didn't take too much off, or enough...
20200212_015834.jpg

Notice a nice growth in the Cinderella and Headband since I trimmed them, my connection won't let me load anymore than one pic again.

I trimmed off some leaves on the auto flower tonight, hope I didn't take too much off, or enough...
20200212_015834.jpg

Notice a nice growth in the Cinderella and Headband since I trimmed them, my connection won't let me load anymore than one pic again.
I also took all the tie downs off of them.

I also took all the tie downs off of them.
So I am contemplating placing the Cinderellas and Headband under the hps and finish the Early Miss under the led, specs on the led for flower is 3.5'x3.5', seeing that the autos are small and the other 4 are going to be much bigger (fingers crossed) when I flip them, any thoughts on doing this, could that affect their final development changing the light over them ?

I don’t think it should once they adjust. It used to be the standard going from metal halide to hps.

maybe it’s just something about my set up but when I used hps it seemed like I always got mag deficiency right after so maybe that’s something to keep an eye on.

I don’t think it should once they adjust. It used to be the standard going from metal halide to hps.

maybe it’s just something about my set up but when I used hps it seemed like I always got mag deficiency right after so maybe that’s something to keep an eye on.
Awesome thank you, if I see that I just add more Cal Mag to the mix ?
I planned on getting 2 3000w Mars Hydro lights and I will eventually, but I could only get the 2000w to start, and I had the hps from couple years ago when I wanted to start growing indoors but finally got started this year lol.

Nothing wrong with that. I used the N.H./hps combo for a long time with gear results. Sounds like you could get a perpetual system going with out too much more invested

:high-five:

Nothing wrong with that. I used the N.H./hps combo for a long time with gear results. Sounds like you could get a perpetual system going with out too much more invested

:high-five:
I just looked up perpetual system, yes indeed I am planning that without even knowing what it's called lol,
I hadn't planned the auto flower when I was starting, they were free seeds from the store I bought my equipment, so it just seems to be the right thing to do. I am getting too old to break my back lugging soil and digging holes for outdoor, and being at the mercy of mother nature, time to move indoors

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Soon to have a 6" duct booster fan running in from a cool insulated water pump room
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots
Food, general hydroponics (3 part flora grow, micro, bloom), rapid start, cal mag and koolbloom dry.

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
These will be my first harvest, the auto flower in one half and the Cinderella and Headband in other half of tent,
I also have a Rockstar that will be cloned and hopefully ready to replace the auto flower when finished. I have read that auto flower will flower even on 18 hour light cycle, as mine have already after just over 3 weeks from seed, my plan is to keep them under 18 hours for a couple more weeks so I can veg the Cinderella and Headband longer, then I will switch to 12 hour light cycle. I've been keeping a record as best I can and I will post it from the start when I can, I started germinating seeds January 1st.
It's been cool outside the tent last couple days, staying steady at 22.2c, humidity 47%, my heater isn't working properly, temp got down to 17c and when it came on wouldn't go off till I turned it off and reset it I guess, so I ordered a temperature control and a little heater with just a on off switch. Also found what maybe light stress, I raised the light about 3", I just see it on this one leaf so far.
Screenshot_20200214-003020_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-003413_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-003538_Gallery.jpg
Other than that all seems fine, maybe I can get some sleep when I get the new temp control lol
I brought the Early Miss out to the livingroom to feed them this morning, I have a big picture window I should be using more lol,
I like the natural light...
20200213_125527.jpg20200213_124227.jpg

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
I fed them 4L each today and still didn't get run off, was close tho, I will make more next feeding so I start getting run off, I figured 4 would do it lol, I'd like to finish these off at around 3 feet, would be a comfortable distance from lights, how much will they grow when I flip my lights, and I am switching sides when I do, they will be under the hps.
20200216_002633.jpg20200215_024209.jpg
20200216_002847.jpg20200215_212606.jpg
Can't remember if I posted these, coming into my journal late and new to the group I was lost lol, my next journal will be more organized.

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
I'm loving the smell from them,
Screenshot_20200216-022418_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200216-022342_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200216-022332_Gallery.jpg
So after 41 years I am on day 3 of no nicotine, I quit smoking cigarettes almost 6 years ago but used a e-cig to help, and it worked great but it became a crutch, now it's gone and this is hard I tell you, very very hard but I will prevail, sitting after lights out contemplating about this first grow and what I'm learning is really helping me, like you have no idea...so are the bigger than usual joints I've been smoking lol.
20200216_021137.jpg
And I don't disturb them during lights out, but glad I have this light in case of emergencies, gift from a friend, thx RP

:peace: :passitleft:

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
I know these auto flower are smaller than they should be but they still excite me lol, I know what's possible in the future with more knowledge.
20200217_031140.jpg
20200217_031059.jpg
Should I expect 2 or 3 more weeks with these auto flower, 46 days now roughly. Feeding them tomorrow and switching sides of the tent, I want to flip my lights soon, maybe within a week, if any suggestions I'm wide open for feedback. I will keep the photos on aggresive veg food, till I flip the lights. I snapped off a nice top from the Headband, was taller so I tried to bend it back a little and It snapped clean off, bummer but hopefully it will root, will make I nice plant.
20200217_031349.jpg
20200217_031238.jpg

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
Here's something I just remembered I should add, I found this from what I had from last year's outdoor, and added it to the this batch of food, I mixed it half strength from what is recommend on the bottle and plan to mix the recommend amount on the next feeding if they like it, it's ready for this morning feeding. I am over budget but I'd really like to have all the supplements at some point.
20200217_041836.jpg

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
I've been anticipating the light flip to 12/12, I will continue to anticipate for now, I'm liking the outcome of a few things I've been doing, I just did a lite spreading of branches with pipe cleaners, didn't do any bending, and removing some leaf to open up the plants more, they are still on aggressive veg feeding,
The Early Miss is a lot thicker than I imagined it would get lol, I'm loving it, I am aiming for a week and half starting with the first one that started flowering, I adjusted the feeding and flush schedule for each of them, I think there will be a 3 to 5 day difference between plants as they finish, that's how they started flowering. My plan was to replace the 4 auto as they finish with 4 new plants, 2 Rockstar, 1 Gorilla Glue that I started to Quad line, and 1 Northern Lights that I also started to Quad line.
My new plan, as I can't dive deep enough into this lol, is to keep the 4 replacement plants in the tent along side the auto flower, as they are too big for my clone box, and as I harvest a auto I will pot the biggest plant into a 5 gallon pot and slide it in place, and so on with the other 3, at this time I'd like to flip the lights, the 4 new plants are in 3 gallon pots now.
So I definitely learned a lot from growing the auto flower, not as much as anticipated from my first grow but the quality is looking very nice to me, I hope the harvest goes as smooth as is it smells.
The led is just over 12" above the auto flower and the hps about 24" above the photos, keeping a close eye for any light stress. The temperature is steady at 24c, humidity 49% with light's on, between 19 and 20c humidity climbs up to high 60's, I will start leaving my exhaust system one 24/7 soon I think, especially when I flip the lights. The new temperature controller and heater work much better, the temp change is only around 2 degree difference when the heater brings it back up to set temperature. My ph is staying around 6.2.
The clone box has clones of every strain I have, haven't seen any roots yet. They will be great for my second journal. Note on the 4 scattered plants you may see in the background are frow seed, a outdoor strain been crossed a few times I am curious what they will turn out like, but not sure what I'm doing with them yet.
Cinderella and Headband.
20200222_021404.jpg
Rockstar.
20200222_021436.jpg
Gorilla Glue and Northern Lights.
20200222_021504.jpg
Early Miss.
20200222_000348.jpg
20200222_000241.jpg
20200221_195526.jpg
20200221_195435.jpg
20200221_195623.jpg
No amber yet :peace: :passitleft:

4x8x6.5 grow tent
Mars hydro tsw 2000w
1000w super hps
Two 6" clip on fans
5 gallon cloth pots

3 Cinderella 99,
1 Headband.
All is good, I ask my bank account if I can buy some supplements and it said no, so I said FU this time lol, I now have Diamond Nectar, Liquid Koolbloom, and Florablend in the mail, a few more and I'll have the complete system. I found a great online store, Indoor Grow Canada, I am saving over 10 bucks a bottle on some of them.
Watching for amber in the trikes daily, still haven't started a flush on the first one yet, hate to jump the gun or wait too long to flush, this is grow and learn right lol
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Early Miss of course.
Screenshot_20200226-002338_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20200226-002145_Video Player.jpg
20200226_003127.jpg
20200226_002910.jpg
20200226_002958.jpg
Screenshot_20200225-042325_Gallery.jpg
:peace: :passitleft:

:high-five: Before you flush I’d recommend looking into it more. @InTheShed has a couple great post to read in his signature. I am organic but I am convinced flushing is a myth. But come to your own conclusion

Positive vibes

Sub in :popcorn:
Welcome bro, i like your setup.
C99 is one of my favorites of all time. One particular special pheno from her.
Thank you, I am looking forward to seeing the C99 flower, any tips on finishing her off is much appreciated, :peace: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom