East Coast Arn's First Grow

EastcoastArn

Hi, East Coast Arn here! My first grow! ( Well second really) I'm here because I'm a total nube. My first try in January stalled out after a good start...and I lost em! Don't want to do THAT again! I want a Sea of Green!
So here we go:
Indoor: Small tent
Toad 600watt plant light full spectrum on a timer 18/6
Medium : Coast of Main starter
Currently I have 4 Mt. Zion Seedlings going (almost 3 weeks in)
I am unsure of the strain?
Water 2x a day with a spray bottle plain water. I will attach photos shortly.

My girls today. Only 4 outta 6 sprouted. How they look? This is 2 and a half weeks.

IMG_20220406_151549.jpg

IMG_20220406_151535.jpg

Hey east coast arn how ya doing? Nice start and yea for two weeks they look ok....kinda hard to tell with lighting. But I had the same issue very first solo flopped lol but I'm now onto my third solo and it gets easier with time :cool:. But I'll follow along and if you need help don't hesitate to ask this place has tons of helpful people.

FYI-may need to start working out a watering schedule.... Them being small could be from to much water since your spraying them twice a day..... They need a dry time.....just something to consider.

Hey east coast arn how ya doing? Nice start and yea for two weeks they look ok....kinda hard to tell with lighting. But I had the same issue very first solo flopped lol but I'm now onto my third solo and it gets easier with time :cool:. But I'll follow along and if you need help don't hesitate this place has tons of helpful people.

FYI-may need to start working out a watering schedule.... Then being small could be from to much water since your spraying them twice a day..... They need a dry time.....just something to consider.
Once a day maybe? I thought twice was kinda normal?

No....they need more time than that to dry out. So since they are in solo cups you can use finger trick for soil wetness.... Stick finger in dirt 1-2 knuckles down and feel soil...if moist don't water ..if dry water.... Once they are in bigger pots it may be 2....3....maybe 4 days between watering. But watering everyday is a problem waiting to happen in my opinion.

My girls today. Only 4 outta 6 sprouted. How they look? This is 2 and a half weeks.

IMG_20220406_151549.jpg

IMG_20220406_151535.jpg
Fill your cups next time. :Namaste:
Make sure you get run off .
Giv that tap root somewhere to go.
Here is a link to help you.

Stay safe
Bill

Fill your cups next time. :Namaste:
Make sure you get run off .
Giv that tap root somewhere to go.
Here is a link to help you.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks will do Bill...I'm learning!

:Namaste:Happy Friday all! Ok, This is the 3 week mark. My Mt. Zion girls are still growing. Do I pot up? Or Wait a week or so more? Sorry for the not so great shot. I'm 54, I have Cerebral Palsy so getting down low for a pretty picture is tough for me. I try not to mess with my plants too much until they are sturdier. (At least sturdier than ME!):yummy:;)

20220408_072017_kindlephoto-246112365.jpg

Good mornin... So they look on track for they're age...from this point they will continue to grow bigger everyday, so in my opinion I would up pot.... Others here use additive when they do the up pot...I am not familiar with the use of said products but someone should be able to chime in. But are you planning one up pot or staging them from like a 1.5 gallon and then later a bigger pot?

Good mornin... So they look on track for they're age...from this point they will continue to grow bigger everyday, so in my opinion I would up pot.... Others here use additive when they do the up pot...I am not familiar with the use of said products but someone should be able to chime in. But are you planning one up pot or staging them from like a 1.5 gallon and then later a bigger pot?
Thank HappyHazmat88,
I'm not sure....Im learning as I go, I have some 1 gallon pots or I have 5 gallon pots. I'm tempted to start the 5 gallon but I don't want to be over zealous and blow it....the other bit is if I start 4,5 gallon pots I'm gonna have to get more soil first I think. I only have 1 bag of starter and one bag of regular coast of Maine potting soil.

These are photo or autos? Regardless I think an up pot to 1 gallon would be beneficial and then when you have more soil you can make the call when they are ready to go up again. For autos I put them in the forever pot to start (3gl) and seems to be a good size.

I agree with HH I would wait to uppot, then go into the 1gal pots, then to the 5gal pots. I went from 4" start pots to 2g cloth to 5g cloth. The steps give it a chance to make a good root ball at each stage. I also used @DYNOMYCO when uppotting at each stage to supercharge the roots.

At this stage in the solo cups you should be able to water them completely to run-off. Then see how long it takes for them to drink all the water in the cup and get DRY. As the roots grow the time to drink all the water will get less and less. When you're watering every two days it's time to uppot.

I agree with HH I would wait to uppot, then go into the 1gal pots, then to the 5gal pots. I went from 4" start pots to 2g cloth to 5g cloth. The steps give it a chance to make a good root ball at each stage. I also used @DYNOMYCO when uppotting at each stage to supercharge the roots.

At this stage in the solo cups you should be able to water them completely to run-off. Then see how long it takes for them to drink all the water in the cup and get DRY. As the roots grow the time to drink all the water will get less and less. When you're watering every two days it's time to uppot.
Thanks LKABudMan

These are photo or autos? Regardless I think an up pot to 1 gallon would be beneficial and then when you have more soil you can make the call when they are ready to go up again. For autos I put them in the forever pot to start (3gl) and seems to be a good size.
To be honest I'm unsure if they are autos or not. I got em at an event in January....I could contact the vender and ask.

Were they seeds, seedlings, or clones?

I would contact the vendor and see if you can find out:
- Photo or auto
- Regular or Feminized
- Strain would be nice ;)

Good luck.

I would contact the vendor and see if you can find out:
- Photo or auto
- Regular or Feminized
- Strain would be nice ;)

Good luck.
Got a reply from the vendor:
"They are photoperiod regulars, unfeminized. You can breed them and save the genetics, or cut the males and grow sensimilla. High thc, high terpene. Enjoy and let us know if you need any more help!"

I know nothing about genetics... And or breeding!

Back
Top Bottom