Dry & curing question when the bud has no stem but is a big nug

Give it a gentle squeeze. If it is still too soft, give it another day or two. But don't let if completely dry out. It should feel firm, but not bone dry. After that, the jar and the Boveda packet should regulate the humidity.

You can also check its humidity by placing it in a baggie with something that measures humidity and check it the next day. You want it around 50 - 60%, and the Boveda packet will bring it up to 62% while in storage.

Of course, you should "burp" the jarred bud(s) every day for about a week to get rid of extra moisture (and to prevent mold).

I take the extra precaution of storing my filled mason jars in the bottom shelf in the back of my refrigerator, for the cure and for long-term storage. But that is just me. In Alaska, heated houses can get very arid.

thanks AK what about a pet store humidity gauge I can drop inside the jar facing out to tell me what the humidity is inside with the buds?

should I keep mine in the fridge as well? I am curious to try atleast one jar lol

what is a boveda packet? I don't think I want mine at 62 percent. I read that 40 to 50 percent humidity is good to prevent mold on bud.

ANY humidity gauge will work. I use a thermometer/humidity gauge combo, which is cheap and easy to find at my local grocery/department stores. Use what you have.

If you live in an arid area (or your house is consistently dry because of central heating) then try the refrigeration method of curing and storage.

A Boveda 62 packet is what is used to keep cigars at optimal humidity. Cannabis growers use them to keep their buds at optimal humidity, too, once the buds are dried. it has a gel that both absorbs and releases moisture. The number 62 on the packet tells you what RH it is calibrated for. Once the packets get rigid, you can rehydrate them in a number of ways.

I have a mason jar with a small container of water inside. I slide the spent packet in between the container of water and the mason jar, then cap firmly. You don't want the packet to get wet, just absorb the moisture from the air in the mason jar.

Back
Top Bottom