DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Ok I lied. I cannot get my humidity down in my crisper drawer. I even have a thing of damp rid in it and it's still high

Dosent yer drawer have a slider thingy on the side?

whats the Humidity at

No it's a little older fridge. It's at 64 with just the temp/humidity reader in it

Try outside the crisper, bet its not as High RH

is the fridge empty? or is it full of stuffs?

There's a couple things in but no cans

Fill up some water bottles, Tupperware, anythings, full and sealed

It needs volume to work properly. add a bunch of Pop , anything to add volume, it will then make the RH and temp balance out

Hello all you wonderful people I will be following suit and donating my BUBBLELICIOUS autos to the name of wee science....jidt cleaned out my fridge and getting ready to chop my auto #1 today.....
420-magazine-mobile1908059126.jpg
420-magazine-mobile828808948.jpg
420-magazine-mobile549629552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile948278581.jpg
420-magazine-mobile138161011.jpg

Ok I lied. I cannot get my humidity down in my crisper drawer. I even have a thing of damp rid in it and it's still high

Try a bowl of rice. You got this. :thumb:

Hello all you wonderful people I will be following suit and donating my BUBBLELICIOUS autos to the name of wee science....jidt cleaned out my fridge and getting ready to chop my auto #1 today.....
420-magazine-mobile1908059126.jpg
420-magazine-mobile828808948.jpg
420-magazine-mobile549629552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile948278581.jpg
420-magazine-mobile138161011.jpg

Welcome KnottyDread. :hug: You'll be so glad you tried this. It takes time and dedication, but the end result is well worth it. :battingeyelashes:

Take heed of the advice to fill the fridge with volume.

Try a bowl of rice. You got this. :thumb:

Duh, I think uncooked rice? Dory is swimming in circles today!

What is hempy growing? Dory has short term memory problems... for real! I can't find where you answered this for me before...sorry to bother you again. Will write it down in my "jog memory book" this time ! ��

Dory's adventure begins ...
Dory

Welcome KnottyDread. :hug: You'll be so glad you tried this. It takes time and dedication, but the end result is well worth it. :battingeyelashes:

Take heed of the advice to fill the fridge with volume.
Why thank you very much. I chopped her and plan on putting her in paper bags because from what I've read everyone seems to like that method. Made a rookie mistake and forgot to weight her wet but I'll weigh her before the cure. To me looks like a couple ounces maybe a little more. They have been drying for about 2 hours so in an another 2 into the fridge she goes.

420-magazine-mobile1404160408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile209669343.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1377720987.jpg

Duh, I think uncooked rice?

Just did the rice dehumidifier thing last night. Here's the pull-quote instructions from my grow journal:

The basic info is that rice took the RH in the jar from 75% to 50% in about 90 minutes. Yes, 25% moisture reduction in an hour and a half. I had to open the jars to let the buds re-hydrated from the moisture in the air!

Here's what I did:
I poured uncooked (not instant!) white rice in the bottom of a mason jar to fill about 2.25" which was to be divided across three jars of buds. I spread the rice on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 200° for about 45 minutes. When it was done, I needed it to cool down, but if you leave it out to cool down it will absorb the moisture from the air and end up at the ambient RH, offering no desiccating properties. So I put it in a ziplock bag, got the air out, sealed it, and put it in the fridge. This kept the rice dry as it cooled.

From there, it went into panty hose balls and into the bottoms of the jars, but you can use it in any enclosed space.
20170807_205127cr.jpg

Within approximately an hour and a half the RH in the jar had dropped to 50% and the buds felt crunchy again (like after they had hung in the box), so I took the rice out and left the lids open for about 20 minutes until the RH had risen to 66%. Then I closed them up and put them back in the dark to sit overnight.

Ok guys last question on this topic lol what should my humidity be at when I put my buds in fridge crisper drawer?

45% I'm
Pretty sure it in or around that zone
That being said I know a awesome guy. Named pennywise in here that I believe his average humidity was around 25% it jarred uo around 2 week I believe. ...

Got my babbies in the fridge now temp was 31 before i loaded then went up to the 40s. The 33 temp is the veggie stash place not actual fridge thatd at 44. Humidity is 75 gonna give about 30 mins or so to let settle I'm leaving them over night so hopefullu all goes well....quuck question do I open the bags at al or leave them be rolled up

420-magazine-mobile635900546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1764074766.jpg

Got my babbies in the fridge now temp was 31 before i loaded then went up to the 40s. The 33 temp is the veggie stash place not actual fridge thatd at 44. Humidity is 75 gonna give about 30 mins or so to let settle I'm leaving them over night so hopefullu all goes well....quuck question do I open the bags at al or leave them be rolled up

420-magazine-mobile635900546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1764074766.jpg

If high humidity ad some rice in a bowl it helps even heard newspaper ..

...quick question do I open the bags at al or leave them be rolled up?

Leave them closed. Get something more than those bags in there and you'll have an easier time keeping the temp and humidity levels stable.

Aren't you excited? :woohoo: I'm excited for you. I assure you, nothing will go wrong. The process is fairly cut and dried. The biggest challenge is leaving them alone so they can dry. :laughtwo:

Leave them closed. Get something more than those bags in there and you'll have an easier time keeping the temp and humidity levels stable.

Aren't you excited? :woohoo: I'm excited for you. I assure you, nothing will go wrong. The process is fairly cut and dried. The biggest challenge is leaving them alone so they can dry. :laughtwo:
Got it ya I have another bubbelicious about a week or 2 away from harvest so she should have some company shorty...im super excited especially because I messed up my last dry and cure

Back
Top Bottom