Dubbrollin's 1st Grow Journal

Hey Dub, those plants look fine, no broken branches. Good job on the LST. I have a suggestion, trim the leaves touching the dirt or pot. you dont have to cut off the whole leaf if you dont want to. just keep it from touching stuff.:cheer:

thx Done nice trim up and i tied my top cola on one of the XXX's so it can get better light
IMG_040715.JPG

Hey dubbrollin, Thanks for the kudos. I believe that being part of a community by definition , demands involvement and interaction. People helping me is how I have done so well. Seriously. I don't consider it a duty or a requirement. My philosophy is this, If I want and expect help, should I not try to be as able and willing to help others? Yes, I should, and strive to do so. I consider it a joy and a blessing when I can help someone . I feel it is when we come together with passion and ideas along with the helper mentality, we can do what many consider impossible, with very little . Hash pipe dreams and Dank Bud wishes.:peace:

Yeah you dont need bloom chems during veg. Fish feet looks perfect. If you feed too much bloom during veg then there would be unused PK and this would cause lock outs as they not really needed yet. P is your main flowering chem whereas K isnt really needed until the end 4 weeks. Its fattens and compacts the buds at the end.

They can store Phosphorus for bloom but only so much before causing problems.

2j'- too true
I'm going to start ferterlizing with the Alaska fish feet and more bloom. Do I wait to get in toflower before I add the more bloom? Fish feet is 5-1-1 and more bloom 0-10–10.

Hey Dub, hot much nutrients are already in the soil? If it came "loaded" ,you might want to wait for the plants to use whats there before you dose her. That would depend on growth and watering as both diminish the soils nutes, watering will sometimes flush some nutes unintentionally. About a month possibly for all of it to diminish, maybe sooner, pot size is a factor too. Unless the soil is super low in nutes I would wait . Then ad nutes, Use as directed . Then when you flower add amounts of bloom boosting supplements as directed on bottle. Also, they look healthy, just keep your eyes on them for problems and treat accordingly. The waiting begins, this for me is the most stressful part of growing, waiting for the plant to grow.

JBC, Yeah i have the loaded soil. i had to add more soil to my new pots since i went up from 1gal to 3 gal pots, so there is some fresh nutes in the soil. I just got home from work and noticed that when i did my finger check of the soil that it was pretty dry up to my nuckle. my issue is i noticed that 2 of my plants are still wet at the drain ports in the pots. i placed coffee filters over the wholes so i wouldnt lose any dirt. would i wait an extra day for the bottom to dry out some. i dont want root rot to happen. i was thinking that i would just give them 2 pots less water.

hahaha what???
That was a tough read, are you high :rofl::rofl:

First thing I pulled from this is you have coffee filters over your holes on the bottom of the pot. Cut them out to let water drain better and more air into the roots. But if the medium still we in the bottom they probably fine unless they are showing sign of needing water like drooping. If they are ok, just leave them.

Yeah the new soil will have food for probably another 2 week dependent on speed of growth and strength of soil mix.

They look fine either way, dont sweat mate. :goodjob:

sorry bout that i have a rambling mind. i type how i think. but you got everything i did say.
1. did my check to see if it was time for a watering and noticed how dry the soil was for the top 2 inches. (finger test) 2 of the 5 pots were still wet at the drain but dry at the top.
2. more medium was added to my pots when i upgraded to the 3 gal pots.
3 the coffee filters at the bottom was something i use to keep all the medium in the pots when i water them. and it allow the water to run through them and keep the medium in pots.

BTW i think the lack of smoke was my issue!!!:thumb:

Haha, yeh no focus without cannabis lol.
Medium shouldn't fall out of the holes it just stays there for some mystical reason I dont think anyone will ever understand.

So after a couple days the LST is really making my babys fat:cheer: i even grabbed a couple of the soft white bulbs and the babys are really loving the mix. and yes that is 49er duct tape!! i figured that i would fold down the water leaves under the cola's instead of trimming.

PIC_00401.JPG

This XXX is not tied at the top cola. helps me tell the difference between the 2 that i have.
PIC_00442.JPG

The BB/ WR looks like it doubled in the 2 days. its sitting directly under the soft white bulbs. im really intrigued by this one. it is growing like a monster.:high-five: anyone ever grow any of this?

PIC_00433.JPG

This is the XXX that i had to brace up. now the top cola gets plenty of good light
PIC_00451.JPG

The Plat Bubba is chasing that soft white light i have them all facing in a way that they are chasing the soft white bulbs
PIC_00531.JPG

Another look at my lights
PIC_00564.JPG

this guy is a survivor. its that Master kush baby that was cut in half after a small fall. it even fell out of the water sometime in the night. i though it was dead and pit it back in the water the next morning. it just had the one set of leaves that looks dead. since then it has doubled. just waiting for the roots to take on.

clones that start to root really get alot of help from folier spraying nutes. they dont have a main tap root like seed plants do so you can shorten the time of nute uptake and large root growth by useing a folier nute spray. floralicious is the best out there for that, i have used many of the others all with success but they love the floralicious best. also water clones around the edge of the medium not directly near the plants. it helps prevent over fert/nute burn.and forces the roots to stretch for water. when the root structure gets a good start with that spray helper they will really take off fast. at this stage they look really good.
i recomend canabis care manual . it will give ya everything ya need to know about what could be wrong. can be downloaded.www.howtogrowweed420.com

clones that start to root really get alot of help from folier spraying nutes. they dont have a main tap root like seed plants do so you can shorten the time of nute uptake and large root growth by useing a folier nute spray. floralicious is the best out there for that, i have used many of the others all with success but they love the floralicious best. also water clones around the edge of the medium not directly near the plants. it helps prevent over fert/nute burn.and forces the roots to stretch for water. when the root structure gets a good start with that spray helper they will really take off fast. at this stage they look really good.

Thanks for the great info, i do spray it with water daily when i hit the rest of mine. Im just astonished on how much punishment it has taken and still surviving. Just hoping that its a girl.

hey i'm thinking about bring the baby's outside since we are getting some nice weather right now. figuring sun light is always better the closet light!! what yall think??
:ganjamon::party:

not a good idea inless your prepaired to fight bugs,desiese,molds,bacterias ect. your plants are in a inclosed enviroment which is a closed system. taking them outside can be fatal. but however you can learn alot haveing to fight the above critters as you would bring them inside. lol. it is up to you really. when i take a plant outside it stays outside live or die. i try to help it along. so far i have not lost a plant in 35+ years taking it outdoors. but have had many problems with a majority that i brought back inside.:peace:

hey i'm thinking about bring the baby's outside since we are getting some nice weather right now. figuring sun light is always better the closet light!! what yall think??
:ganjamon::party:

If you do move them into sunlight beware! Too much real sun will burn the leaves. 1st day 1 hour max, 2nd day 2 hours, 3rd day 3 hours, 4th day 4 hours then full sun from then on. Plus what gairbud said .:peace:

Back
Top Bottom