DWC grow: are they looking ok?

CapnButter

Hey everyone! This is my first DWC grow. I am growing in clay medium with a 5 gallon bucket and 3.5 Gallons of water. It is about 14 days from seed maybe a little less I forgot to write it down . Does it look like it’s doing fine so far?

CB1F3AA0-7B84-4DF6-91A6-A887F0EC7347.jpeg

5387F582-DD5F-466D-B6C5-F42C41E23FAB.jpeg

A83BB1F3-A8AB-49E9-AC33-DE8EB78AC1D4.jpeg

DEE335E7-7F2A-4EF4-8559-EFA050716446.jpeg

FD5AA647-0E04-4ABB-9974-851D376FA472.jpeg

5924272F-69CF-4E29-9233-5B13E2E4DEE3.jpeg

Hey everyone! This is my first DWC grow. I am growing in clay medium with a 5 gallon bucket and 3.5 Gallons of water. It is about 14 days from seed maybe a little less I forgot to write it down . Does it look like it’s doing fine so far?

CB1F3AA0-7B84-4DF6-91A6-A887F0EC7347.jpeg

5387F582-DD5F-466D-B6C5-F42C41E23FAB.jpeg

A83BB1F3-A8AB-49E9-AC33-DE8EB78AC1D4.jpeg

DEE335E7-7F2A-4EF4-8559-EFA050716446.jpeg

FD5AA647-0E04-4ABB-9974-851D376FA472.jpeg

5924272F-69CF-4E29-9233-5B13E2E4DEE3.jpeg
Good morning @CapnButter hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Cute girl you have there.
I would not man handle her like that.
Delicate roots can be dislodge.
Color looks a little off in the one pic.
How is your nutrient mix?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @CapnButter hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Cute girl you have there.
I would not man handle her like that.
Delicate roots can be dislodge.
Color looks a little off in the one pic.
How is your nutrient mix?

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you for replying I am using Advanced nutes trio. I gave her a very light feed about 3 days ago.

Thank you for replying I am using Advanced nutes trio. I gave her a very light feed about 3 days ago.
Truthfully dwc isn't my I was a bit concerned about the zebra pattern.
But it's only underneath at the moment.
Are you giving any nutrients now?
Or just 3 days ago?
Leaf color is decent if the lighting is correct. :thumb:
Size and shape are ok.

Stay safe
Bill

Truthfully dwc isn't my I was a bit concerned about the zebra pattern.
But it's only underneath at the moment.
Are you giving any nutrients now?
Or just 3 days ago?
Leaf color is decent if the lighting is correct. :thumb:
Size and shape are ok.
Just that stripping?

Stay safe
Bill
So atm I’m giving it new water with new nutes every week. The light schedule is 24 hour bc it’s really really cold where I’m at and it drops to like 65 degrees in the tent when the lights are off. Should I just risk it and put it on 18 hours light

So atm I’m giving it new water with new nutes every week. The light schedule is 24 hour bc it’s really really cold where I’m at and it drops to like 65 degrees in the tent when the lights are off. Should I just risk it and put it on 18 hours light
No let her stay warm.
Do you monitor your tank yet?

Stay safe
Bill

No let her stay warm.
Do you monitor your tank yet?

Stay safe
Bill
Like the heat?
ATM the water seems to stay pretty cool and under 75 degrees. My pump is also outside the tent so it draws cold air into the water.
Can the 24 hour light become a problem or is there a way I can keep the tent warm in the dark

Like the heat?
ATM the water seems to stay pretty cool and under 75 degrees. My pump is also outside the tent so it draws cold air into the water.
Can the 24 hour light become a problem or is there a way I can keep the tent warm in the dark
There are several ways to warm a tent.
Best way is to seal the room the tent is in and heat the room if possible.
You may have to if the temp isn't rising soon.
Eventually it is considered better to give them a rest period.
18/6 -20/0
Can you maintain 70f or so?
Res temp is a touch high if I remember correctly closer to 68 will be better :Namaste:
But not an issue unless you have to heat the room.

Stay safe
Bill

What are your daytime temps? I ran DWC with temps from 64-78 and it kept the res at 68-72. I had no problems with night temps down to 65, especially when it is only 6 hours.

Happy Growing.

My tent stays around 72 to 75° and anytime I have turned off the light it has dropped to around 62 to 65
That's just a little low proper health.
What is under the tent are you on concrete?
That will drop your temp.

Stay safe
Bill

Yes I’m on concrete but I plan on putting plywood down and a rug
Styrofoam sm under or it still leaches heat through just plywood and a rug.
Or an air gap under the plywood.

Stay safe
Bill

Styrofoam sm under or it still leaches heat through just plywood and a rug.
Or an air gap under the plywood.

Stay safe
Bill
I’m thinking of just building a sub floor on top of the concrete. This is what the plant is looking like under regular light.
F20FA5E5-C2D2-4351-BC4E-51FF290BA09A.jpeg
5B81EA10-DA74-4BAA-AFC5-D7310E3A8E13.jpeg
5216C4D3-7908-4741-B1B4-ADCA4EED0AC5.jpeg

I also don’t know the sex and I’m just hoping it’s a female
Oh no we don't even know yet. ;)
Let's hope for a bouncing baby girl.

Stay safe
Bill

Colder water temps help hold more O2 and stop fungus but that isn't the concern for the next 2 or 3 weeks. When the plant is still trying to get it's roots started they need some warmth. 75 to 85 deg for seedlings the warmer side is better. Move the pump into the tent so you aren't pumping cold air in pushing warm air out of the tent. Wood has no real R factor to stop the concrete from sucking all the heat out. Pick up a couple 2 foot squares of foam insulation board to insulate the bottom or at least a stack of cardboard over the floor.

like @Sativa1970 mentions cooler can be better in dwc. depends on how cool and what the ambient temp of the water is. that will be the temp of the root zone. that's the important metric. guys spend piles to chill the water in most circumstances.

unless it's a meat locker you're probably fine.

first thing to do is leave them alone and let them hit the water. you'll be able to tell much more at that point

like @Sativa1970 mentions cooler can be better in dwc. depends on how cool and what the ambient temp of the water is. that will be the temp of the root zone. that's the important metric. guys spend piles to chill the water in most circumstances.

unless it's a meat locker you're probably fine.

first thing to do is leave them alone and let them hit the water. you'll be able to tell much more at that point
I have been just keeping an eye on them and posting in the journal thank you

I have been just keeping an eye on them and posting in the journal thank you

cool. make sure they have loads of air when they hit the res. you want the cauldrons bubbling. as much air as you can pump in to the buckets. there's a way ways to go yet but you're ok right now. keep posting up.

Back
Top Bottom