Experienced Indoor Gardener & Biologist: First Time Grow

FoNz

Hello everyone,

I am excited to be announcing my entré into cannabis cultivation. Where I'm from things were recently legalized for recreational use which was the green light I needed to push my into this journey.

Prior to this grow I have grown peppers, tomatoes and various herbs and plants in a variety of settings but I started growing my own food in a small apartment. Due to it being a second floor apt with a tiny balcony I instead began practicing indoor growing under artificial light. I soon fell in love with the results I could achieve and the controls that could be established in such a setting, which all appeal to me as a member of the scientific community.

For this grow I intend on starting a grow journal here if you'd like to follow it which should be up soon, when it is I'll edit this post to reflect that with a link.

Looking forward to meeting the community and happy growing!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. As promised my first entry to my grow journal is at the following link!

Hello everyone,

I am excited to be announcing my entré into cannabis cultivation. Where I'm from things were recently legalized for recreational use which was the green light I needed to push my into this journey.

Prior to this grow I have grown peppers, tomatoes and various herbs and plants in a variety of settings but I started growing my own food in a small apartment. Due to it being a second floor apt with a tiny balcony I instead began practicing indoor growing under artificial light. I soon fell in love with the results I could achieve and the controls that could be established in such a setting, which all appeal to me as a member of the scientific community.

For this grow I intend on starting a grow journal here if you'd like to follow it which should be up soon, when it is I'll edit this post to reflect that with a link.

Looking forward to meeting the community and happy growing!
Welcome Fonz, what branch of biology ?

Welcome Fonz, what branch of biology ?
Well - while my interests span basically anything - my current research is in animal muscle tissue, specifically to treat severe muscular afflictions such as volumetric muscle loss and dystrophies in humans. Right now all preclinical.

Plant biology will likely end up being an area of specialized research in my future when funding opportunities grow, high impact journals take certain promising and intriguing plants more seriously and I finish up with my current projects. Federal legalization would open up a world of opportunities for research and business.

Are you in the field as well?

No im not in the field , i.can barely spell it...
Definitely got a chuckle outta me there.

But don't undersell yourself! The field of indoor growing and plant biology have benefitted tremendously from all the information that home growers have contributed for years.

My first indoor vegetable grow was inspired by cannabis growers. When many people said I couldn't get plants to fruit indoors and that they would perform worse than outside it was info on sites like this that helped me prove them wrong. This was years ago and indoor vegetable gardens are more common now by a long shot, but it's still thanks to people like yourself that a garden can now be practically anywhere (even in space!).

TL;DR People are generally far more capable and amazing than they give themselves credit for.

Back
Top Bottom