Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

I guess everything in nature is in a constant state of re-evaluation. As conditions change, a plant/critter evolves to take advantage of/protect itself from its environment. At what point do we call it a different plant/critter? I believe that there are no absolutes. Everything alive fights to stay that way and fights to do it in the comfiest way possible.

I say you need good shit to grow good shit! Conserve and reuse! Thousand of times.

Totally agree! That's why I use bunny poop as fertilizer. Bunnies feed the plants. Leftover stems feed the bunnies. It's the circle of life without all the blood and gore. :circle-of-love: Or is that not quite what you meant?

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

So to add to my previous post.

I will state again that many home grows are never grown to the Max THC or CBD levels of what the plant strain could achieve as it is based upon many factors.

Slowpuffer is also correct about you can never go above what the strain genetics has within in the plant, but i an willing to bet 80% of the people in here never reach the plants potential based upon the way they grow and harvest and cure.

2 seeds are not a like and that is true so u may get 15% on one and 18% on the other grown in same conditions maybe the max is 20% but again u may never achieve this with every seed.

Now clones would be best as long as you had the plant tested before cloning it, hard to do if you gotta bud it first right, so harvest and then test and pray you get a good amount of THC and hope to grow good again or clone it first then of course bud the main plant and test and see if its worth while to keep the clones.

Again optimal grow means many factors need to be the best of best and that includes lighting, medium, nutes and much more.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User
i agree with everything you said and we can add environment & skill levels of the grower to the list. And yes, a good grow will grow more thc, but I still say It wont change the predetermined genetics. Grow one plant under a 1000w light and grow another under a 400w, they'll will both have the same thc %, but the 1000w will produce more of whatever that % is. Am I even making sense ?? Smoking Bubba's gift and babbling !! Xobeman, have a nice night .

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

i agree with everything you said and we can add environment & skill levels of the grower to the list. And yes, a good grow will grow more thc, but I still say It wont change the predetermined genetics. Grow one plant under a 1000w light and grow another under a 400w, they'll will both have the same thc %, but the 1000w will produce more of whatever that % is. Am I even making sense ?? Smoking Bubba's gift and babbling !! Xobeman, have a nice night .
Yeah your making sense as grow environment like i mentioned and skill level of grower, lights 1000w vs 400w even though a strain max maybe 20% THC the 1000w light will get closer to the 20% then the 400w would based upon the skill and environment its grown in, but mind you a good skilled grower may get close the 20% under a 400w by adding another light to help produce more THC to the max but that again is adding more light which then just 1 x 1000w light would achieve.

Ah all this theory is making me want to smoke some more bud that has been 100% tested at 25% THC medicinal meds from one of my LP's ( Licenced Producers)

They have strains that test at 21% to 30% THC and i can purchase and smoke legally.

But i want to grow my own legally and waiting to do so, soon i will know if Gov will allow me to do so as i can not afford to purchase my 1800.00 script.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

But what I want to know is......we say you can only go as high as the strains genetics which is 100% correct imo. But those numbers that are set for strain genetic thc % arent they just the highest% of thc ever documented for that said strain. With advancments in soil science, botany, horticulture those numbers could very well increase in the future.

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

The more and more we learn the higher the bar is set. Thats why I say the skys the limit. If you accept the thinking that this is the best its going to get then you must accept the concept that it cannot be improved upon and imo that is hardly ever the case

I believe whole heartedly that if fanleaf gets any of these babys going then the crop he grows would most likely be stronger now then when he first smoked it. It most definitely has the potential to be greater now with all weve learned in the past 50 years.

I believe whole heartedly that if fanleaf gets any of these babys going then the crop he grows would most likely be stronger now then when he first smoked it. It most definitely has the potential to be greater now with all weve learned in the past 50 years.

Yes, If all that happens, and I do believe he'll get one to germ., then I'm sure the plant will be better and bigger, producing more usable buds, but the thc will still be the same %.

Oh yes. We have been overusing fields so long, we drifted away from the natural. We have build labyrinth of walls around our ways. There are ways to get from the labyrinth: You can go back where you came from if there is a lead or you remember the way. You can carefully deconstruct the labyrinth so that new one is not made due to the deconstruction. The last way is to ascend (find true yourself as equal to all in Space) above the labyrinth and see the way out. You do not need to pluck out the weeds in your garden, just step on them and do not let them dominate the garden. Let the wildlife thrive and find it's own ways. We grew so lazy we take everything for taken. That's on the Planet's bill and we are overdue. Time to give back what we burrowed and not expect anything in return. Thank yourself for living another day on this Planet as it is truly a paradise. That's the place we should try to go back to. Bad shit happened along the way and we should clean it up! :Namaste: :love:

Yes, If all that happens, and I do believe he'll get one to germ., then I'm sure the plant will be better and bigger, producing more usable buds, but the thc will still be the same %.

I guess I have to disagree...everything changes. Even with cloning there is a degree of shift shall we say. What may be true for one plant in one set of circumstance can be totally different from another. As previously stated, all recorded measurements have been done using what was available at the time. Anything different or new has the chance of altering those figures...which are already an average of all grows documented. With an average of 15% THC for example, one has to assume that there were highs and lows.

Don't forget that even landraces have a steady supply of new phenos, some of them a lot more potent than the average, so yes it depends mostly on the genetics, but those genetics will throw off spectacular phenos from time to time. My experience from growing bagseed is that the cultivated grow will always be more potent, primarily because outdoor field growing and primitive drying/curing is an inferior method.

Back in the 90s I sprouted 80+ Colombian seeds from assorted bags. Over a couple years we weeded out the inferior phenos and found a couple that were truly great. :cheesygrinsmiley: Narrowed it down to a half dozen phenos, with quite a lot of variety in them. :slide:

Check out the Phylos Galaxy. They've been sequencing cannabis samples and are constructing a map of links between them - very interesting when you study it for awhile. A couple strains are mapped way out on the fringes, unrelated to any others - like a mutation or something.

So, it's a crapshoot. The average is the average. All the excitement is in isolating phenos from worthy genetic stock.

:Namaste:

Fanleaf:

This thread seems to be hijacked!

Is there any progress with the 42 year old AG seeds?

Hardly hijacked :) We're all just milling around in the waiting room, shootin the shit, smoking cigars and stuff, waiting to hear if its a boy or a girl :)

Ok guys. I have been trying to remain quiet in the hopes then I could bust in here eventually with some awesome news. I have been working at these everyday for a month and a half now and nothing has changed. I can get some seeds to crack open and show the start of a Taproot and so far they have all stopped there.
420-magazine-mobile977521711.jpg
. I dont know what to do guys... I have 10-15 seeds left. I am honestly at the point that instead of being selfish and burning up all these seeds I'm willing to give the rest to someone with experience and know-how to give them the best opportunity to get a sprout or two. I think with the remaining seeds I'm going to look for someone with experience, someone who will take the time and go through whatever steps they feel need to be done. The only thing I would ask of that person is that if they are successful I get a handful (50-100) seeds from the first batch. I would also only hand them off to someone who will Journal it here.
I'm just at the point with them that I don't trust myself and I know there are others out there with a little more experience in these situations. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out but at least I know I will have tried. Again I stress..... I'm looking for someone from here that can show some experience and success with similar situations.
So for everyone reading this, if you are on your first or second or third or fifth or 10th grow please don't bother me it would be a waste of time. I'm looking for someone that's been doing this a long time and has had experience with old seeds. I would really like it if someone that ends up with the rest of them would take over this thread and we will change the name in the title. I am sorry guys, I tried and for a while there after seeing three or four taproot's I thought we had it. I will be watching my pm's. If several people end up seeming to fit the bill please don't be discouraged or take offense if you're not the one chosen because I have to pick somebody.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You had exactly the experience I've had with trying to sprout old seeds. :straightface: I have so many that I'd soak a dozen at a time and pick the very best prospects from the ones that cracked. But nada, zippity squat. The root just wouldn't grow. I've been here almost 4 years now and the subject comes up because a lot of people have old souvenirs they want to bring back to life. But I still haven't run across anyone who says they can. There's a fairly recent thread by a guy who labeled and froze dozens of strains from his bags and has kept them frozen all these years. Those will sprout. But the ones that have been left to dry will only crack. I've asked about any techniques using growth hormones but no one has had a straight answer. There are a lot of ideas about fulmic acids, etc but no one has done it. I was quietly watching all this time hoping for success! Damn!

There was another guy on that thread who was quite familiar with professional tissue culturing and seemed rather nonchalant about being able to get something out of a seed no matter how old, but he didn't actually do it and post about it. :laugh: Dunno. It can't be that tricky if you have the right equipment. That creamy root nub should be enough.

But ... heheh ... I don't know. :hmmmm:

Here's that thread. If you have an obsessive compulsive disorder about the earlier cannabis strains like I do, you'll love it. :laugh:

Original source seeds from the 70's - Yes I have some

You tried your best fanleaf. I think it's pretty cool that your gonna give the rest up in hopes that someone else may succeed... that says a lot. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom