Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Guys, this has been a VERRRY slow process. I don't know whether to say there has been progress or not. The bunch of seeds we put in the one tube of tissue culture gel hasn't really changed all that much yet. I see slight clouding around some of the seeds in that tube. I don't know if that is just something with the tissue culture gel or what. In the second tube though is where we may have some progress happening very very slowly. The one seed that had started to show a Taproot in the wet paper towel is really expanding in the tissue culture gel and it appears that the Taproot has gotten a tiny bit longer as well. The other seed that is in the same tube as that one appears that something may start happening with it as well. I see both seeds and that tube are split open and I see a lot of white matter inside so I think more time is going to be required. Sorry so slow on the updates but this has been a very slow process and there really hasn't been much to update until now. I know it's really hard for you to see but here is a picture of the two seeds that appear to be doing something.
420-magazine-mobile1198960097.jpg
420-magazine-mobile711589499.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Don't give up the ghost of our past. My son found some seeds of mine from a 1984 or 1993 trip to Holland. He jump the gun and paper tooled 20 of them. As yours did they tuned dark and 14 prouted within three days and stopped. 14 days of babysitting them, 2 more sprouted I gave up the ghost and gently tucked them in Rockwood shoved them in a warm closet. Unprepared for what came next, I am now a proud parent of 9 girls in 4th week of switch and 3 more went to 12/12 2 days ago. Also sitting on 2doz clones. No males yet.
Germination was almost a month long.
Good luck brother

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Probably many of the old strains from days gone by would be testing stronger today with the advances in supplements and lighting / grow room tech.
Some growers are pulling 30% thc off plants rated around 20%. Anecdotal but evidence of what can be done to stains
I believe there is something to this. We have LED now. Our HPS are way better than when they were just street lamps. Things have certainly been refined. Almost to the point if a complete science. I have no doubt you can push an extra 5-8% out of these plants. With a really dialed in room.

Dirt Man Dan

Also remember how cannabis back in the day was grown and processed like any agricultural crop, it was dried in the fields like hay. Then compressed into large bales and shipped 1000 miles where the bales were ripped apart. By the time we got our lid at the street lvl very few trichomes remained in tact. Today we can grow the same strains and handle it with care and itll knock your socks off.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Also remember how cannabis back in the day was grown and processed like any agricultural crop, it was dried in the fields like hay. Then compressed into large bales and shipped 1000 miles where the bales were ripped apart. By the time we got our lid at the street lvl very few trichomes remained in tact. Today we can grow the same strains and handle it with care and itll knock your socks off.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread
I have to agree tech and availability has improved. Back then travel worn weed was full of shake and seeds. The 13 or 22 year old seeds that I have growing are a project in its infancy. Hoping for a great old strain reborn. I do hope FAN leaf prevails.

Kick myself for doin it and ashamed to admit it but, about 8yrs ago I tossed about 8 to10 seeds that were most likely Gold or Red Bud.
The old story of leafin through my old albums, opened up Seagers Live Bullet album and there they were along with my 13yr old son looking on. Freaked, he new what they were so tossed in front of him. Don't know if they woulda popped but F%#&...Good Luck!

Kick myself for doin it and ashamed to admit it but, about 8yrs ago I tossed about 8 to10 seeds that were most likely Gold or Red Bud.
The old story of leafin through my old albums, opened up Seagers Live Bullet album and there they were along with my 13yr old son looking on. Freaked, he new what they were so tossed in front of him. Don't know if they woulda popped but F%#&...Good Luck!

I hope you saved the "Live Bullet" album, one of my favorites.

Just wait until your son gets a little older, my youngest boy is 22 and when I'm out of town I put him in charge of my grow. lol.

The old school Asians and some other races take that premise seriously

they will trade kids for cows and what not .. I just burned one .. stoned here guys

I think we can all agree a well raised kid makes for a good worker

Happiness is the key

My son is 30 and didn't tell me untill he popped 20 + seeds in paper towels. Good thing it was a package of 50 stashed in an old film roll case. That was on Nov 2 2016. Put 9 in hydro 1 Dec. Was not prepared for an increased winter grow. Plants switched 24 days ago.
Take a look.

420-magazine-mobile883730620.jpg

Smells like lemongrass.

Your lucky to have any survivors after that long , I tried to hatch a 15 yr old seed collection and got zero out of 100 or so

I have read the key to seed storage is keeping them in a steady cool environment without random freezing and hot temps

Yes I am, they were seald in a vacume pack bag stuffed in a old scew together film roll case stored in a servival container stuffed in some old military gear. The rest have been resealed and put in storage with the rest of my long term garden seeds.
OK, 10 min untill the ladies wake up. Meet you on the high ground.

I've been enjoying the herb for 45 years. I smoked plenty of the gold in the day. I wouldn't miss this for anything.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I believe there is something to this. We have LED now. Our HPS are way better than when they were just street lamps. Things have certainly been refined. Almost to the point if a complete science. I have no doubt you can push an extra 5-8% out of these plants. With a really dialed in room.

Dirt Man Dan
I believe thc % content is determined by genetics. Why do you think light or environment would change this ? Of course, I hope you're right !! Could you explain how this would change thc %, when you're "dialed in" ? Because , I want to get dialed in !!:thumb:

I believe thc % content is determined by genetics. Why do you think light or environment would change this ? Of course, I hope you're right !! Could you explain how this would change thc %, when you're "dialed in" ? Because , I want to get dialed in !!:thumb:
Depending on the right optimal evironment you could achieve more THC or CBD depending on the strain just by having the best of best lighting and so forth for the strain.

There are ways to increase the levels just google it.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Depending on the right optimal evironment you could achieve more THC or CBD depending on the strain just by having the best of best lighting and so forth for the strain.

There are ways to increase the levels just google it.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User
I'm not disputing your word, but I been at this for awhile and looks to me like I would have heard of this before now. I don't believe any amount of light is going to make a change in thc %. I believe you can make a plant produce more thc, but not higher thc %. And are you saying that the sun is not good enough light ? I certainly wish I had a way to check thc %s. This would be a great test for someone . And would have to be done using all clones, as there's no two seeds alike. I'm going to feed my ladies and sing to them, so maybe they give me more thc !!:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom