Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Hahaha, yes! Mexican weed. More seed than weed and almost always dry as a bone. And then during the 80's we got Paraquat pot after the DEA began clandestinely spraying that defoliant to try to stop the flow of the evil weed from Mexico. And "lids." Haven't heard that term in years!
Unfortunately I had been smoking Mexican weed for at least a decade before a few months ago. The good stuff was just too expensive and Mexi was abundant. I swear to the MJ gods I will never go back! That's why I HAVE to grow my own. Also rooting for you Fanleaf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hahaha, yes! Mexican weed. More seed than weed and almost always dry as a bone. And then during the 80's we got Paraquat pot after the DEA began clandestinely spraying that defoliant to try to stop the flow of the evil weed from Mexico. And "lids." Haven't heard that term in years!
A lid for anyone not knowing is a Prince Albert tobacco can and stuffed full, $10, abour 3/4 oz Mexican brown & 25% seeds and stems. And Rider, I left LA in 1975, so I escaped the paraquat !! I was there last Oct., to give my niece away, and we bought some pretty good buds from a dispensary that my new in-laws knew. by the way, those tobacco cans are collectors items now !!

Fanleaf:

OMG I am on the edge of my seat here. I first smoked AG in 1968 in Haight Ashbury on my way to the Fillmore West to see the Edgar Winter Band. We also had some Michoacan. These were the finest strains of the day.

I have some old seeds somewhere in my keepsake boxes. Strains are unknown but if I kept them they were something special. Now I may go see if I can find them. They are at least 35 or more years old. If you are successful here I may give them a whirl!

I saw this grow in your signature but it did not click AG - Acapulco Gold until today! and it is easy to dismiss 42 year old seeds. Well you have my attention now - Subbed.

Hard Work, Some science and lots of Good Luck!

:popcorn:

Something tells me that the lack of updates does not bode well for those old seeds. If they don't germinate at least no one can ever say you didn't do everything in your power. Maybe their little spirits had already gone to the big greenhouse in the sky. :angel:

Fan leaf is gonna knock this out of the park.
Just think about your old grandpa. It takes him a Lil while to get out of his chair right. Same thing for these seeds. They don't have the vigor of young fresh seedlings.

Dirt Man Dan

Fan leaf is gonna knock this out of the park.
Just think about your old grandpa. It takes him a Lil while to get out of his chair right. Same thing for these seeds. They don't have the vigor of young fresh seedlings.

Dirt Man Dan
:rofl: Dan Lmao!!! Comparison is spot on for that. For some reason I have James May from the ol Top Gear in my head, old folks that make a sound when they sit down go "aahhhh", and when they get up they sound a little constipated....maybe they are, we'll never know....

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Just found this, and hell yes, I'm subbed !! Acapulco gold is the weed I smoked in early 60s in LA. i dropped my mom off at the Drs. office, and in Redondo Beach , and figured she'd be an hr., so i took a little ride up Pacific Coast HWY, to check out the girls, and smoke. Long story short, after about three totes, on that joint, I headed back to the Drs. office, and found it about an hr. later. my mom, was pissed at me, for a week. I was very familiar with the sts. & rds. in Redondo, but that gold had a hold of me. Of course, i was sort of new to smoking pot, especially good pot. now, it might be different, but I was tripping for like three hrs. !! Good pot was almost non existent in the early 60s, in LA. Mexican brown was the standard fare, and that was $10 for a lid. or you could buy a whole 2.2 lb. (kelo) for under $100. And I do see a sprout. Now i'll go catch up !!
AG some killer stuff! It was my intro to Ms. Mary J. Still love it but it's not available here anymore..

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

AG some killer stuff! It was my intro to Ms. Mary J. Still love it but it's not available here anymore..

Sent from my LG-H740 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Amy, Ag would probably tip the scale at about 15% thc, and would not be a big deal today, but in 1962, it was top shelf !! Would be fun to compare !!

Amy, Ag would probably tip the scale at about 15% thc, and would not be a big deal today, but in 1962, it was top shelf !! Would be fun to compare !!

I know Im probably odd man out here when I say that I prefer a more subtle high. I dont indulge often enough to have any tolerance what so ever, and some of todays players just knock me on my ass :p

Probably many of the old strains from days gone by would be testing stronger today with the advances in supplements and lighting / grow room tech.
Some growers are pulling 30% thc off plants rated around 20%. Anecdotal but evidence of what can be done to stains

So heres a rundown of theese seeds guys. This was a question and answer in another thread about them.
[quote name=&quot;elchischas&quot; post=3057108]Hi fanleaf<br />
Sounds pretty awesome that you have the opportunity to back to life that awesome strain<br />
Can you tell us how you get this old tube full of seeds? Sounds like a awesome story to know... and if you get sucess with the germ ratio are you thinking make pure seeds or just fem?<br />
Vibes
<br />
You betcha.<br />
So, I had an immediate family member that was involved pretty heavy into that strain and I won't go into too much detail on that. This person cleaned, sorted and that kind of work. He did that for several years way back in the day. As of a few years ago this person is no longer with us.<br />
<br />
So as things were just recently gone through the seeds were found in a box that has been stored for many many years. In the box was an old empty shotgun shell hull and the tube was in it. With the misc papers and contents of the box taken into account as well as how long roughly it has been since any of these boxes were touched we came up with 1973. 1973 is smack in the middle of his &quot;work&quot; with that strain. I am 100% sure this is AG from 73. <br />
<br />
I will be doing a journal for sure. Also, who knows what will germinate and I will be doing these 1-2 seeds at a time. So if a male comes up I will be collecting pollen. If a female comes up first then I will be making feminized seeds. If I get another female I will pollinate her with the male pollen collected.<br />
<br />
My first priority will be to get that first female. From there we will be golden.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App[/QUOTE]
Wow! I will be taking a front row on this one. Good grow brother and may Ra and Helios shine on your parade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom