FastBuds Autoflower LED Grow: Girl Scout Cookies, West Coast OG & Mexican Airlines

Re: FastBuds Autoflower LED Grow - Girl Scout Cookies, West Coast OG & Mexican Airlin

I have been thinking long and hard about the next strains (after the seeds I have) I want to grow... need to narrow down the list somehow...lol

It took me about two weeks to narrow it down for this first grow! lol

Re: FastBuds Autoflower LED Grow - Girl Scout Cookies, West Coast OG & Mexican Airlin

Velk are you giving cal mag? And if so when did you start and how much?

Hey hippy well in soil it has nutes already in it not a lot but some how old are your baby's ? And it's a bit of a confusion as some people say water when a knuckle down is dry or a finger. Just remember water holds about x5 more than in coco most people water there soil every few days. Let it dry a bit so you know they are drinking it then give them a top up when you feel the need my pal waters his every 3/4 days also depends on pot size , so let them dry out a bit not fully (unless over watered) hope this helps and also I started out with about 1ml per 10l of water of cal mag but they were getting a bit discol so now I give them no less than 3,5ml per 7l of water on my cal mag says give 0.5ml/1ml per litre of water how much are you using bro ? Velks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey hippy well in soil it has nutes already in it not a lot but some how old are your baby's ? And it's a bit of a confusion as some people say water when a knuckle down is dry or a finger. Just remember water holds about x5 more than in coco most people water there soil every few days. Let it dry a bit so you know they are drinking it then give them a top up when you feel the need my pal waters his every 3/4 days also depends on pot size , so let them dry out a bit not fully (unless over watered) hope this helps and also I started out with about 1ml per 10l of water of cal mag but they were getting a bit discol so now I give them no less than 3,5ml per 7l of water on my cal mag says give 0.5ml/1ml per litre of water how much are you using bro ? Velks

I'm in soil-less soil mate so almost no nutes. Biobizz light mix. They're 14 days old and at the moment and I'm only giving them 0.5 litres of water EACH every other day. But I've yet to see the surface of the 'soil' completely dry out. So do you think I'm over watering them mate?

I'm following Atrain's nute schedule so currently on very low dose of nutes and 1ml / litre of calmag.

Any thoughts please mate?

Re: FastBuds Autoflower LED Grow - Girl Scout Cookies - West Coast OG & Mexican Airli

Well with mine it was a bit different as I
Need to get run off with coco maybe a tad more cal mag but I'd say ask beast as I'm
Sure he uses the same soil and saying that if there is no dis colouration then it's fine mine was slightly yellow ish asoon as I upped the nutes and calmag was all good in the hood

Re: FastBuds Autoflower LED Grow - Girl Scout Cookies - West Coast OG & Mexican Airli

Right......

Day 15

Or 14? I must actually work it out......

Girls just got:

0.5 ml/L of Micro, Grow & Bloom.
2 ml/L of Voodoo Juice and B52.
2 ml/L CalMag.

0.5 L of water each, with a little bit left over for the greedy Amnesia Twins :) Still no sign of them not liking the nutes even from such a young age lol :)

Photos should be in the order of:

Mexican Airlines
West Coast OG
Girl Scout Cookies
And finally the Twins

IMG_162926.JPG
IMG_162626.JPG
IMG_162730.JPG
IMG_163030.JPG

Photos were taken before watering - Mexican Airlines actually only had about 0.25 L as it was still damp on the surface but drier down in the soil.

Look how dry the Amnesia Twins are (in plastic pot) compared to the others in fabric pots!?? Weird.

Still got some weird curly leaves - I've moved the light up a few inches to see if that makes any difference.

Any more opinions on if they are under or over watered? Or ok? Watering every other day, 0.5 litres each? When I water there's still some damp soil to the surface of soil (towards centre of pots) but the outer area seems dry and fairly dry feeling beneath the surface?

Other than the curly leaves I think they seem to look healthy and happy? The new growth at the top looks gorgeous! :) all lush and green - looks a bit pale in photos as flash was on.

GSC in 3rd pic down is a bit of a mutant with the most leaf curling and asymmetrical leaves lol but she's the biggest with the thickest stem. She is sitting there with her leaves all pointing up towards the light looking like a beast :)

Cannabis likes to dry out between waterings. If your soil surface is still damp when you water then you are watering too often. You want to water them slowly until you get some drainage then let them dry out. The leaves will begin to droop when they are thirsty. If they are drooping when the soil is still damp then they are over watered. Your plants will tell you what they need, your job is to look for the signs.

Glad Sombody with more knowledge on soil has chipped in as I only have a rough idea what to do as still half learning my self

I have read a lot of threads and that's what all the really experienced growers say about watering in soil. I have only done 1 soil grow so far and am on my second but so far so good. I'm still learning too but you can trust I won't give you bad info. If I don't know I don't answer.

They aren't having anything like enough water to water them until I get some drainage? Two are in 11 litre pots and they're getting 0.5 litres of water each time, every other day. I can't imagine that 0.5 litres of water would ever get to the bottom of the pot without first dispersing?

I've also read tons of posts but I'm trying to get a definitive answer to the here and now with my plants, as in what they look like right now. I'm struggling to gauge the amount of water as it's my first go and there's very little info on WHAT VOLUME of water to actually give them.

Is it possible that the surface of the soil is damper than beneath the surface? Seems unlikely to me?

I'm very aware that my job is to look for the signs though thanks mate :) kinda same principle as bringing up children :)

Trouble is it's my first time (plants) so I don't yet know all the signs and that's why I'm on here asking you good folk for help :)

I know they all say to start with a small pot and work your way up as they grow. That way the roots develop better. And you want the entire area of soil wet so that the roots spread out into the entire pot. If you only wet the center and the edges never get any the roots will never venture out that far.

I know they all say to start with a small pot and work your way up as they grow. That way the roots develop better. And you want the entire area of soil wet so that the roots spread out into the entire pot. If you only wet the center and the edges never get any the roots will never venture out that far.

Ah these are auto flower plants though mate so I understand you plant in the pot that they will spend their entire lives in. Transplanting causes stress which takes time to recover from - and autos only have 'X' number of days of life and that's it.

That's my understanding at this stage anyway.

As for the watering in the middle, I started in the middle only, to encourage the tap root to grow straight down - I read this, not my knowledge. And each water I have watered a bigger circle around the plant. I also read to water approximately the area underneath the widest part of the plant. I now put a small amount pretty much up to the edge of the pots to encourage root spread. Don't know if this is correct though.

There are many different methods, soil/media, pot type and material and the watering method is different for each I believe so I'm still trying to learn the ways for my method of growing.

I wouldn't worry too much about the curly leaves. I had some odd ones on mine at beginning stage. I'm guessing when more mature growth starts it'll be fine. Here's what mine looked like
420-magazine-mobile298817020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom