Feral's Adventures In Homemade DWC - 2015 - 400W HPS

I didn't realize the OG model was a features upgrade - it looks almost the same from the outside.
I was so concerned about ballasts adding extra heat that I mounted my ballasts outside the room with cords going through the ceiling. - but I don't think I needed to have bothered - because they are digital ballasts.

Yeah they are almost identical units, just has the extra light setting for superlux (110% i think) and a USB port for the RTU. My nanolux's are so cool you wouldnt even think they are running lol, this magnetic is a sweat box. Just heard back from the hydro shop and they have an OG model on its way at no extra cost :) also said to not bother sending back the old ballast, either keep it for MH or bin it :rofl:

Yeah they are almost identical units, just has the extra light setting for superlux (110% i think) and a USB port for the RTU. My nanolux's are so cool you wouldnt even think they are running lol, this magnetic is a sweat box. Just heard back from the hydro shop and they have an OG model on its way at no extra cost :) also said to not bother sending back the old ballast, either keep it for MH or bin it :rofl:

Now THAT is good customer service !

It must have been good weed last night because i could have sworn i updated :rofl:

Anyways, will cover it now. First up i thought it was time for the other Atomic clone to be transplanted to soil and oh my after checking the roots i was right lmao. It was put directly into Canna Terra Pro soil and will be with the seedlings.

Screenshot_252.png

Screenshot_253.png

The other clone that was transplanted into the DWC is really starting to take hold, root system is looking mighty fine.

Screenshot_254.png

White Jack looks healthier every day, i was going to top her but after seeing how tight her nodes are i will leave it a few more days till i have room to work with.

Screenshot_255.png

Screenshot_257.png

This is Money Maker Reveg, really hope it works out or i will be buying more seeds, this is something i really want to keep growing.

Screenshot_256.png

So last night i took pics under HPS, ewww, just wanted to show how much i have defoliated her, probably a good 60% of the plant is gone, focusing on strength and all energy going to the main tops. Worked out well as the canopy was too crowded, have basically only left the lower leaves for the main branches.

Screenshot_258.png

Screenshot_259.png

Thats about it for now, i will be back in there in an hour or so, also will have a new addition to the reveg area ;)

Internet has been playing up for me the past few days, has been shocking, finally loading now and about to do my daily checks. Before i get started with all of that, the last of money maker is dried and ready to jar for curing, Todays harvest weight for her was 41.33g bringing her total harvest weight to 125.52. So, Total yield dry from this grow 265.59g which is equivalent to around 9.4oz of top quality bud :)

Screenshot_263.png

Not bad for a first time hydro grower under 400w :rofl:

Hey everyone, just some updates now that my internet works again lol

First up today is the flower tent, nice quick one to cover, Atomic#2 is huge and getting bigger every day now standing in at 34" lol, drinking anywhere from 3-5L a day, i have only been topping up with un-ph'd water. Still waiting on my replacement ballast but conditions are not too bad, its damn hot in there but the humidity is stable over 50% and she is really thriving, nice and green (really wish i had a way of getting photos out of the HPS). There is about 18" of grow space left before i have to start modifying the top of the tent, after this i should get close to another 12" space :)

Screenshot_264.png

Moving on over to the veg tent, Say hello to Red Diesel Reveg, she was cloned about 6 weeks ago by my dad and has been outdoors since. She was one of 4 clones he took from the plant and never really took off, he stripped the hell out of them when he cloned them so started flowering and never got the chance to have a stretch, 2 others died and the fourth was a success and is about 3x the size of this one. He doesnt believe in any nutes as such, he just mixes slow release ferts into the soil and uses water every day, like so much water and leaves the trays full :rofl:, the main plant and other clone are dark green whereas this one looks like it may have a few defs or lockouts. My plan is not so much to flush her but leave her to dry out then give a really good water drench before even thinking of adding any nutes, i may even repot if this soil is too hot. Anyways enough talking, here she is, very smelly strain.

Screenshot_267.png

White Jack is finally big enough so i topped her today, should start seeing some explosive growth soon :)

Screenshot_269.png

Screenshot_268.png

Both Atomic clones are doing really well, hydro version will be topped tomorrow, Soil version has been moved from the seedling tray so i could up the humidity by using the dome and she doesnt need to be in there.

Screenshot_266.png

Screenshot_265.png

Seedlings up next, so first time i checked Psychotropic Mass had broke soil, i tried getting a photo and it turned out blurry but who wants to see a little bit of stem lol. About an hour later i went back in and we now have a GDP breaking ground :) at this point i waited another hour or so and went back in again to close everything up for the night, now a total of 4/5 breaking ground :cheer: Ice Bomb and Viper Cookies now joining the party, just leaves us with Lost Coast OG, at this rate i expect she will be up within a day or so, things are really quickly coming together in here :) I will get photos of the seedlings once they are standing and have something to focus on ;)

But for now im off for the day, hope everyone is well :Namaste:

Today I decided would be the end of this journal and i have started a perpetual, I would like to thank everyone that has stopped by and checked it out and would like to say a special thanks to those who actually stuck around, best part of my day is posting on 420mag, sometimes waiting days between replies, but when they do come through they brighten my day :)
I hope you all continue on with me on my new journal, it is basically following on from this one and can be found with this link Feral's 2016 Perpetual Garden - MH/HPS - Multi-Strain

Thanks again and hope you all have an awesome day :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom