Feral's Adventures In Homemade DWC - 2015 - 400W HPS

. . .

Last but not least, clones, still only one with roots but they are powering on, will need to get it transplanted very soon. I think the Rhizo is really helping, so much root growth in just 2 days. The second atomic clone has bumps all over the base of her stem looking like she is gonna bust out all over shortly. Money Maker bud clone is going to take some time, being so far into flower i kinda expected it. Over all they all are almost as healthy as the day i cut them, money maker bud is the only one showing minor yellowing to fans.

Screenshot_223.png

While that clone has good roots so that you can plant her right away, from the clone's perspective you don't need to plant her right away.

If it works better for you to wait 3 weeks, she will keep. The roots will get longer, they might even yellow, but she will stay healthy waiting for the nutrition to begin to grow.

Thanks Rad :thumb: I was thinking of getting her settled in her new home just as soon as i finish harvesting, which then will also be swapping the 4x4 to Veg tent and the 5x5 Flipped to 12/12 with the HPS. At this point could be a week away, not in too much of a rush with it but after seeing the results a few days later im thinking by then she will have at least double which is perfect. I might just put this one in soil, build her up a couple of pot sizes and keep her as a mother for now until i sort out the seeds.

I was up till around 5am this morning harvesting yet again, not much to go now :)
Atomic got to the point it was too hard to trim and not really worth wasting my time on these lower branches, there was probably about 40g wet left which will be trimmed after it dries. Total wet weight for Atomic (well kinda wet as its been drying for 3 days lol) came to 450g. Great White Shark wet weighed in at a total of 99g, I worked out what her issue is, having identity issues with her sex :rofl: yep thats right, she hermied, i can see a few seed pods throughout her buds but mostly female flowers. From what i have read its a common thing with green house seeds. Money Maker is getting there a lot quicker than the rest, I have only taken the top most growth from her, any lower growth where i was seeing white hairs was left was not touched tonight. So far her wet weight from the buds i trimmed is at 450g, there is probably at least another 200g of decent buds left on the plant.

Hey everyone, has been a few days since i have updated in here, I have now swapped out tents, got the pro pots all setup etc. I had an issue after setting up, the power cord for my cloner must have been bumped and was not working, the clones came close to giving up but i think i caught it just in time, at least one has bounced back so far last i checked. Speaking of clones, the first to show roots has powered on.

Screenshot_230.png

The next clone that i have been saying will bust out everywhere, busted out roots everywhere lol

Screenshot_231.png

Money Maker bud clone, i wasnt expecting results so soon but to my surprise she had her first root, only about 2mm in length. I was excited when i saw this, i then took the camera and pulled her back out of the cloner for a pic and the root was gone. Somehow it must have been damaged in the process of either taking her out of or putting her back in the cloner....DOH! all good though, looks like she may be starting to grow a second root now :)

Issue #2 :rofl:
After spending hours changing everything out, I could not for the life of me get the HPS working in the 5x5, the globe was brand new, never used but i noticed after taking it back out there was a small crack in the globe about 1cm long and i dont have a backup. I have had to order a new globe, I went with the 600w Digimax HPS, ended up costing me about $10 more than the cheap brand and comes in a steel padded box. For now Money Maker (well whats left of her) and Atomic#2 are under the 600w MH, 12/12 schedule.

Screenshot_234.png

Skywalker Kush did not make it, i will use her pro pot for one of the Atomic Clones. White Jack is happy, doesnt really look like she is getting much bigger but she is filling out, at this rate if she keeps her nodes this tight throughout then we should have some amazing results come flower time :)

Screenshot_233.png

Thats about all i have to update on today, I should have a lot more time on my hands over the next few days while the rest of Money Maker ripens, I will get some new seedlings in, also have to take a clone from Red Diesel we have growing outdoors, she is early in flower so will be a reveg. Once i get everything done i will probably get started on my next journal and cover strain info more in depth over there. Thanks again for checking in, have a great day :Namaste:

So should i intake the 4.4 oz before tumbleweed wrestling? :rofl:

I was meaning disappear into a cloud of smoke but damn i was just too stoned lol, I have found some seeds in Atomic's nugs, not impressed and could only be down to one thing, one of our friend growers was around a while back (at the time he was going through hundreds of plants finding a female and he is that much of a dipshit his idea of checking the plants is grabbing the branch to try and get a smell out of it), this will not happen any more! i have already had words to him about molesting my plants, nobody will be entering my grow room except me and definitely if anyone goes in there will not be touching my plants. This explains both Great White Shark and Atomic Bomb and why they have seeds, Money Maker i have found none so far. Great White Shark dried out to a total of 17.67g and so far from the first go at Money Maker i have 84.19g dry. I may get around to harvesting the rest of MM tomorrow, if not will be at night.

I did not bother taking any pics of nugs at this point, just the jars which are 1280ml (except GWS not sure on that one)

Screenshot_237.png

Screenshot_236.png

Screenshot_235.png

So some more news, the bulb i bought for the flower tent got here, it doesnt work lol, so thats 2 brand new bulbs now that have not even turned on for me. Had me worried it might have been my ballast failing but finally got the chance to test with an old HPS ballast this morning and defo the bulbs. In the meantime i was not feeling good with the 600w MH for flower so i pulled the light out and switched ballast over to old style 400w HPS, this was done a few days back now and today i finally got in touch with the hydro shop that sent me the last globe and a replacement is on its way. This morning i didnt want to wait and chance talking to them so i went to my local shop and grabbed another cheapie to get me by till the new one arrives and will be my spare in case this happens again in the future. While i was at the shop i needed some more veg nutes, Instead of going with the DM Gold A+B i went with DM Gold One 5L, was almost the same price i would pay for the A+B 1L bottles and dont really need anything special in veg.

Anyways enough for now, got family coming tonight so cant really access the space easily, time for a chilled afternoon (until they get here) and an early night in bed (when they get here) :rofl:
Have a good day, dont smoke too much Money Maker or you will be flying high :Namaste:

Nice neat jars of nugs. The orderliness of it speaks to my OCD. :drool:

My OCD is like "OMG There is one in a different Jar!!!!" :rofl:
I will be going and buying more jars, tbh i didnt think i would fill them quite so easy lol

I have also ordered more Boveda Packs, i would like to have 2 in each full jar, Atomic Nugs both jars got 2 each but only had enough to put one in each jar after. I should be able to fill the rest of MM#2 jar and maybe even a third jar with what is left, overall a pretty decent harvest.

Tonight i decided what was left of Money Maker is pretty much good to go, i took most of the branches that were hanging down and any long branches left, got another 180g wet so far and have a bit more to go tomorrow night before she heads in to the veg tent for reveg on some popcorn buds i will leave. The bud i took from her in the cloner has taken a bit of a beating over the past week or so with outages to the pump a couple of times etc, she has grown a root though so all hope is not lost, i will grab a pic tomorrow ;) The first clone that showed roots was transplanted into a netpot lid directly into the clay balls about 3 days ago and is settling in nicely, starting to see roots protruding the sides of the netpot already :) The 3rd clone has so many roots, even more than the first, she will be transplanted into soil on monday along with a variety of new strains i have been meaning to germ for a while but the clones have been keeping things sufficient for now. White Jack is getting visibly bigger finally, she was looking a little drained for color the other day so i added a little DM Gold A+B, i plan on switching to DM Gold One for all veg soon and Add.27 either only on initial fill or just drop it all together for veg, just using up what i have left of the other first. Over in the flower tent i have had nothing but issues with lights, new globe doesnt fire up under the 600w nanolux but does under the old 600w ballast, so thats 2 faulty globes and now my ballast doesnt want to work with HPS only MH :( for now i have left the old ballast setup. Atomic#2, I did a major defol to her lower growth yesterday, anything that was too small and not getting light was removed, also any weak looking branches where they may bunch were removed, looking for a more controlled grow, see if her bud size increases this time around forcing more energy to the tops. I have had the oscillating fan blowing on her more aggressively the last few weeks and it has really helped strengthen her branches a lot. She is huge and i will move her to a central location under the hood tomorrow after i finish harvesting MM. Just a couple of pics today as its taking forever to upload them :rofl:

White Jack

Screenshot_242.png

Atomic Clone

Screenshot_243.png

Atomic#2 and Money Maker

Screenshot_244.png

Money Maker Harvest#2

Screenshot_245.png

The other day i was talking to my local hydro dude about the nutrifield pro pots and he is getting me in a couple of the 27L with feeder ring setups, these lids fit perfectly into it and i was thinking of using the 4x 15L DWC i already have in veg tent and have 2x 27L DWC in flower, transplant would be a matter of lifting the lid from one and sliding it into the new feeder ring :) the only reason i want to upgrade is because of the amount they drink in flower, right now Atomic#2 will drain her res in 2 days holding only 8L when full, A larger res is much easier to manage.

Hope all is well, have a great day :Namaste:

Hey,

Great shout using Boveda humidity packs great for storing cannabis, i would be intrested in finding out how much dry weight you got from all your plants and what strain yeild what if its possible :p

Keep it Green.

Hey,

Great shout using Boveda humidity packs great for storing cannabis, i would be intrested in finding out how much dry weight you got from all your plants and what strain yeild what if its possible :p

Keep it Green.

Hey Steve, i had 3 strains in this grow, first 2 are dry and the 3rd was just finished harvesting tonight.

Bomb Seeds - Atomic Bomb = 122.4g dry (4.3oz)
Greenhouse Seeds - Great White Shark = 17.67g dry (under an oz)
Strain Hunters - Money Maker = 84.19g so far dry, another 251.7g wet but drying right now, my guess would be about 5oz ;)

Probably all up around 10oz which for me is great, its all personal smoke just to get me by till next grow :)
Out of the 3 i would highly recommend Money Maker, a real nice smoke and damn it has some potency to it.

Few updates, as i mentioned earlier, i finished harvesting Money Maker and moved her in to reveg, another 71g or so of wet nugs bringing the last 2 days harvest to 251g wet. Atomic#2 had another strip of lower growth today and thinned her right out, i tried to get pics with lights out but was too dark, i may have to resort to taking pics under HPS. Things are filling up in the veg tent tonight, i planted 5 more seeds in soil and they should be up in a few days :)

Screenshot_251.png

Screenshot_250.png

I was going to cover strain info in another journal but at this point may not be starting a perpetual till Atomic#2 is done, she takes up too much space already let alone trying to add another at a later stage, already standing at 29" tall and 35" in diameter, everything will be ready by the time she is done. Back to Strains and as you can see i am looking for a bit of color in the room this time around, starting from the left.

Humboldt Seeds - Lost Coast OG (fem)
I decided to give this one another go after the last one died in rockwool, what a horrible way to die.

A reknown Emerald area breeder passed HSO this elite clone, which they backcrossed into their Emerald OG to bring out some more gassy flavor and smell. This plant does great in coastal areas, is earlier finishing than your average OG, and the yield is also bigger. It's one of HSO favorites because it performs so well outdoors.

Strain Lineage / Genealogy

Lost Coast OG »»» Lost Coast OG Probably
Lost Coast OG Probably
»»» {Pakistan Kush x Thailand Lemon Thai} x Chemdawg #4
Pakistan Kush x Thailand Lemon Thai
Pakistan Kush »»» Indica
Thailand Lemon Thai »»» Sativa
Chemdawg #4
Unknown Indica »»» Indica

Bomb Seeds - Ice Bomb (fem)
Really like the Bomb Seeds range so far, Big Bomb and Atomic i have grown now and was a toss up between this one and THC Bomb, have not seen anyone grow this one so hey lets do this :) a little info...

When creating Ice Bomb we wanted a strain full of flavour and a heavy coating of ice white crystals. It is a three way hybrid of Vanilla Kush, White Rhino and our original Bomb #1, making it extremely potent and one of the most exciting new genetic crosses available.

The finished buds are incredibly resinous and are covered in a thick bed of ice white crystals full of THC. When cured they have an intense flavour and smell that is an appealing blend of chocolate with hints of vanilla. Ice Bomb is indica dominant, staying quite short but also extending outwards to form a fantastic bushy plant that will tend to produce a large single kola, whilst still producing heavy yielding side branches. During flowering the buds and leaves can develop a purple sheen making it particularly attractive. Ice Bomb is very consistent and hardy and it will grow well even in difficult or less favourable conditions.

This strain is ideal indoor & out and will thrive in SOG and SCROG systems. Indoors the plant is a good producer with yields up to 500g/m2. THC and CBD are both very high (THC +20%) making it ideal for medical use with relaxation in mind.

Ice Bomb »»» {Vanilla Kush x White Rhino} x Bomb #1
Vanilla Kush x White Rhino
Vanilla Kush
»»» Kashmir Hash Plant Probably India Hybrid x Kush
Kashmir Hash Plant Probably India Hybrid »»» Indica/Sativa Hybrid
Kush
Hindu Kush Probably Indica »»» Indica
White Rhino
»»» White Widow x Afghanistan
White Widow
White Widow
»»» Brazil x India
Brazil »»» Sativa
India »»» Indica
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Bomb #1
Unknown Strain

Grand Daddy Purp - Original GDP (reg)
Who Doesnt want to grow a GDP :rofl: hoping to get a good pheno, if its male then will be harvested for pollen.

There’s only one original and unequivocally... this is it! There are lots of imitators out there today, but this propriety "Royal Indica" strain whose puffy buds are unusually dense, magnificent in their unreal color scheme, their unmistakable smell, awesome taste and unbelievable potency are what make it, straight up uniquely… the “Real Deal!

Ours, hands down is the most highly recommended and requested strain 6 to 1 in medical collectives today. If you have ever had our “original” GDP before you’ll immediately recognize these face, body and brain melting traits. Certainly if the color purple had a taste and smell this strain would be it.

The buds are very deep purple almost all the way through out, except for the occasional light neon green spot. With almost zero hairs on them, the crystal formations are outstanding, looking a lot like they were dipped and rolled in sparkling stardust!

Grand Daddy Purp’s superior medicinal properties are undeniably responsible for appetite stimulation, joint pain relief, insomnia, nausea, and migraines. Known as The Nighttime Strain due to the great results credited to it by patients suffering from an array of sleep disorders. So all aboard for a great pain-free nights sleep.

Grand Daddy Purp »»» Grand Daddy Purple BX
Grand Daddy Purple Probably
USA, Northern California »»» Indica

Critical Mass Collective - Psychotropic Mass (fem)
I have been really wanting to get one of these in for a while now, perfect chance.

Indoor Psychotropic Mass will require a proper supplementation of nutrients for its maximum production and expression of medicinal capabilities. Outdoor, good specimens will require supports for stability and maximum sun exposure for optimal production of CBD. It's perfectly suited to the SOG method when packed together and as with the Monster Mass responds very well to the FIM super cropping method. Pinching out the new growth at an early stage to onset the growth of multiple colas and then introducing LST to manipulate its growing structure will yield astounding results. It maintains its initial vegetative structure like a typical Sativa with thin leaflets and thin stems but when in bloom it exhibits accelerated speed and explosive growth in the production of dense and heavy flower clusters. Psychotropic Mass demonstrates high and low internodal branching, so large specimens require the pruning of surplus branches to manage space efficiently.

Smell: Seriously Skunky background with mix of new and more subtle nuances hinting at fruit and spice. Clear notes of lemon, leather, pinewood and other exotic woods can be found in almost all phenotypes.
Taste: A tangy Citrus bouquet with notes of caramel acid but also a deep rich honey/pine sweetness. Very complex but exceptionally sophisticated.
Effect: Characterized by a high concentration of CBD. The CBD is not psychoactive but psychotropic, so its effect acts at physiological levels, with all the virtues that entails. Potent but relaxing, typically Indica, long lasting and extremely medicinal.
Bag Appeal: Flower structure is tight and very dense. Beautiful sparkling nugs, light green in color with white and orange hairs. Simply the best looking meds we have ever seen here at CMC.

Psychotropic Mass »»» Monster Mass x Cannatonic
Monster Mass
»»» Critical Mass x Critical + probably
Critical Mass
»»» Afghanistan x Skunk #1
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Skunk #1
Skunk #1
»»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa
Critical + probably S1
Critical Bilbo
Critical Mass (specified above)
Cannatonic
»»» MK-Ultra x G13 Haze
MK-Ultra
»»» G13 x OG Kush
G13
Indica
OG Kush Probably
»»» Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan} Probably
Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan
Lemon Thai »»» Sativa
Hindu Kush, Pakistan »»» Indica
Chemdawg
Unknown Indica »»» Indica
G13 Haze
»»» G13 x Nevilles Super Haze
G13 (specified above)
Nevilles Super Haze
Unknown Strain

Moxie - Viper Cookies (fem)
Last but not least, this one really took my eye and really want to grow this one, really hope she turns out anything like her picture.

MOXIE's house OG mixed with the legendary Forum Cookies. Truly a match made in Indica heaven. Both strains have a very heavy beta-Caryophyllene content making them extremely sedative and effective at fighting anxiety. Spicy-sweet delight.

not a lot of info on strain but this is what i have found
Viper Cookies (Viper City OG x Forum Cookies)
Viper City OG (Grape Kush x Lemon O.G)
Forum Cookies (G.S.C - Forum Cut)

I was meaning to transplant the other atomic clone in soil but did not bring enough pots inside with me, will sort it out tomorrow ;)
so thats it for today, getting really late here lol, see you all later :Namaste:

Moving along ... good results... You are growing like butter :;):

Haha yeah if i can just get this lighting issue sorted we should be cruising again :rofl:
Good news on that front, they got back to me and i have sent off a couple of pics of the serial and they will be sending me out a new unit, waiting to hear back from them again as i asked if it was possible to upgrade to the OG model and i will cover the extra cost, has the superlux feature but also thinking down the track i may try setup the NCCS and do away with the need of timers for my lights, can also program the intensity of the light for certain periods of the day eg. sunrise/sunset. Right now i really dont care i just need to be back up and running on the nanolux, the magnetic ballast i am using currently is adding a good 5-10c to the room conditions.

Haha yeah if i can just get this lighting issue sorted we should be cruising again :rofl:
Good news on that front, they got back to me and i have sent off a couple of pics of the serial and they will be sending me out a new unit, waiting to hear back from them again as i asked if it was possible to upgrade to the OG model and i will cover the extra cost, has the superlux feature but also thinking down the track i may try setup the NCCS and do away with the need of timers for my lights, can also program the intensity of the light for certain periods of the day eg. sunrise/sunset. Right now i really dont care i just need to be back up and running on the nanolux, the magnetic ballast i am using currently is adding a good 5-10c to the room conditions.

I didn't realize the OG model was a features upgrade - it looks almost the same from the outside.
I was so concerned about ballasts adding extra heat that I mounted my ballasts outside the room with cords going through the ceiling. - but I don't think I needed to have bothered - because they are digital ballasts.

Back
Top Bottom