Fighting rot, harvest now or wait?

ElissaBee

New here, thanks for having me. We are growing a few plants outdoors, in US zone 6a. We're seeing a bit of rot starting and contemplating whether to cut our losses. I have a few macro shots and can't decide if the trichs look ready. Any opinions are welcome.

20210927_120445-0.jpg

20210927_094657.jpg

20210927_091612.jpg

Sorry you are going through this. I just started seeing rot on my outdoor plant. I am going to try and make it a couple more weeks. I'm removing and treating the wounds with citric acid. Not sure if this is the right thing to do. Good luck.

Cut out the bud rot ASAP it will spread and also doesn't stop after harvest.

Cut out the rot with clean hands and tools. Wash hands and tools after and toss moldy buds in the garbage or burn in a fire.

I had a few spots of a few plants all that was needed was to cut it out and the plants are still going and no more mold.... for now.

When you cut out the bud rot area make sure the area is totally green. It the rot gets bad enough it will give you stalk rot and that is next to impossible to stop. But if you got it early you should be good. Some strains are susceptible to rot while others are quite resistant to rot and mildew. :peace:

Cut out the bud rot ASAP it will spread and also doesn't stop after harvest.

Cut out the rot with clean hands and tools. Wash hands and tools after and toss moldy buds in the garbage or burn in a fire.

I had a few spots of a few plants all that was needed was to cut it out and the plants are still going and no more mold.... for now.
Sure Glad to hear this. I just spent 6 months on a Do-Si-Dos SCROG & found a bud with the start of rot in it. Cut the Bud off & in the Trash. Started harvesting today & checking it thoroughly for more rot. Found 1 other really small spot so far out of 8 fat colas. Still have at least 15 - 20 Colas to go though. Going to be a long, boring weekend. I was hoping it wasn't a total waste; because there must be a pound on her.

Back
Top Bottom