FINALLY Got it Rollin!

Re: FINALLY got it rollin'!

..... so I am sitting here totally ignoring my written journal and trying to lie to myself saying "Go ahead and start to flower!! it's been at least 5 weeks man!! Do it!" But I will wait. Plus I need to get off my lazy a$$ and get the flower cab finished, such a procrastinator sometimes.

Jawasan, your on it. I'd back down the ppm's.

As water evaporates, the nutes concentrate, raising the ppm's. If plants are eating and drinking, then ppm's should drop or remain constant as both the water and ppm's with it were used by the plant and the overall nute concentration remains the same ppm's there is just less of both water and nutes.

Take another approach. Back the ppm's down to around 500. When the plants grow, and as the new growth appears, if the new growth is a lighter green/yellow it can take more food, like the plants in the pic.
look at the top of the plants and how they are lighter in color then the lower leaves on the same plant.
IMG_3692_2.jpg

These were underfed at the time to let the roots settle in. Those plants came out of a 1 gallon jug, into a 4 gallon bucket, so during the transition the nutes were cut back after the transplant for a week and then they were back on track.

No need to give plants nutes they don't want.

I'd still hold off on flowering. Get the flower cab dialed in. Run the lights see how hot it gets, test everything, make sure the timers are good, make sure the flower cab is light sealed. Do a nice run through and then when it is time to flower it will all be good, just move the tub, and hit the power.

Just from exp, I have had timers not go on/off, forgot to have things plugged in, or plugged into a timer when it shouldn't and so on. Here's some cool things that make hanging lights and other stuff real easy. Under $4
sbiner_3_onrocks_large.jpg

OH OH!!!! I LOVE CARABINERS!!!!! where'd you get those! I like those...

I'd still hold off on flowering. Get the flower cab dialed in. Run the lights see how hot it gets, test everything, make sure the timers are good, make sure the flower cab is light sealed. Do a nice run through and then when it is time to flower it will all be good, just move the tub, and hit the power.

Just from exp, I have had timers not go on/off, forgot to have things plugged in, or plugged into a timer when it shouldn't and so on. Here's some cool things that make hanging lights and other stuff real easy. Under $4
sbiner_3_onrocks_large.jpg

I am heeding all your advice bro'.... and yep, I will test the flower cab over the next few days and make sure it is dialed in. I know for a fact that a water chiller will be in there or the veg cab....we'll see where it is needed most. I do not have algea/slime (knock on wood) but my temps are not in the favorable zone.

Anyhow, i will check and double check everything for the flower room.
:thanks:

Well last night I did a res change on 2 buckets. The 3rd bucket which still has the pump and tubes connected I DID NOT change. That particular bucket still has the blue tube for water level checks and still has some algea stuff in it and the feeder tubes BUT THE ROOTS LOOK GREAT!!

When I took all the pumps and tubes out of the other buckets I decided I would leave the 3rd alone and use SM-90 to see what happens. It was foamy for a couple days in there and i could see some of the crap loosen off the inside tubing. I was expecting the worse and this was the bucket with babies growing!!! Some algea/scum in still in the water but it must have neutralized it!! Ph stays steady and the water is basically clear but most surprising yet is the roots look excellent. Very white, hairy and abundant.... and much better looking than the other buckets.

I might clean the pumps I pulled, run them all with SM-90 for a while, dump, re-do it again and then put the pumps/feeder tubes back in the first 2 buckets and see what happens.

Also, Frosty, I took your advice and at last nights res change I brought the PPMs down approx 500 per bucket.... we'll see how it goes and up it from there accordingly.
I also had a hard time seeing a damn sharpie line on the inside of a black bucket so I took foil tape and make markers that i can see in the depth even...
IMG_26211.JPG

Currently
Cab Temp: 73.2*
RH: 45%

Water I am using: Ph 7.10
PPMs: 87

Water Temps: 65-72*

3 gallon buckets with 2.5 gallons fluid in each

Bucket #3:
Ph 6.02
PPM 1155 (take off 87) Yesterday before drain/replenish it was at 1619 PPM
so about a 500 ppm drop approx

Bucket #2:
Ph 6.03
PPM 975 (minus 87) Yesterday is was 1495 PPM before drain/replenish

Bucket #1:
Ph 6.06
PPM 1260
Didn't change this one yesterday... ran out of water!!!!!

For nutes I am still using GH.

Added to 2.5 gallons
12.5 gro
7.5 micro
2.5 bloom
...PPMs were still a bit low so i added another 5ml to the above
17.5 gro
12.5 micro
7.5 bloom

Also added the h2o2 and a wee bit of epson salts
...that set my PPMs where they are now.

Also it finally dawned on me that i do not need to adjust my water from the 7.1 before adding nutes.
The nutes seem to lower it down in to the high 5's and then i can make adjustments from there.
So is that fine to leave my water at the 7.1 and just add nutes and let them take it down? That is a correct way. I ask because I use to adjust the water down first, add nutes and then have to add a bunch of UP.

More pictures....
IMG_2618.JPG

Some LST....
IMG_2617.JPG

More...
IMG_26161.JPG

Some little ones....
IMG_2624.JPG

All the plants are now on day 26 from seed (except for those 3 smaller ones of course)

On a side note thought I would mention i took the plunge and bought some seeds from Attitude....

Females Seed X-line: Iced Grapefruit
World of Seed Legend: Strawberry Blue
Nirvana: Northern Lights

Freebies:
All from Green House
King's Kush
Grape
Church

I am excited and hope to learn plenty from this current grow to help ensure success on the new inbound kids.

Yeah, I always add nutes first then ph if needed. Most not all but most nutes and additives are acidic, so they automatically lower the ph by being acidic. I have not used ph up at all, but I'd guess you'd really be chasing your tail by adding nutes (acidic) and then adding a ph up, only to have plants eat the nutes taking out the acids and then that ph would shoot up.

On a side note thought I would mention i took the plunge and bought some seeds from Attitude....

Females Seed X-line: Iced Grapefruit
World of Seed Legend: Strawberry Blue
Nirvana: Northern Lights

Freebies:
All from Green House
King's Kush
Grape
Church

I am excited and hope to learn plenty from this current grow to help ensure success on the new inbound kids.

:bravo::thumb::yahoo: got some good things coming! Just don't go crazy and plant them all at once. You'll be having some fun once you get this grow under your belt, and then you'll have some tasty strains to grow.

Hey. sorry it took me so long to post, ive been following since page 2. Great setup in your small space. +rep for being thorough. In about 2 weeks i will be doing a similar setup, 4 dwc, 3x3x7

check out my journal.

goodluck to you.

:bravo::thumb::yahoo: got some good things coming! Just don't go crazy and plant them all at once. You'll be having some fun once you get this grow under your belt, and then you'll have some tasty strains to grow.

Nope, not all at once. gonna take my time and start to learn cloning as well. Might as well sink or swim!! I will exercise patience and I think I will be ordering more before this package even arrives. Oh boy it doesn't stop! lol

Hey. sorry it took me so long to post, ive been following since page 2. Great setup in your small space. +rep for being thorough. In about 2 weeks i will be doing a similar setup, 4 dwc, 3x3x7

check out my journal.

goodluck to you.

Hey thanks for jumpin' in and for the rep!! I appreciate it Lux. No worries for the delayed hello either, I have lurked for a while in other journals as well but I am so new I never have anything to offer other than a "wow" or "good job".
Your setup looks to have some nice vertical. :) I'll def' check out your grow in a bit tonight.
:peace:

I gotta' say when the plants are doing good ya' just feel like luvin' everyone! The wife is like "you've seemed a lot more relaxed the past few days!"

Also was looking at some vaporizers last night. I have settled on the Extreme 2.0 by Azair. Looks to be of good quality for the price break. I really do not like the ones that look like a breath-a-lyzer device! But this one looks asthetically pleasing and has great reviews.

BTW, someone please explain what "+reps" are and what they apply to. I know it is a positive thing, just don't understand it or how you do it..... or when it is called for to do so. ?????

Well happy plants = a happy grower in my book. Good job.

See the blue dot on the left bottom of the post, the three little icons, Online status, Add to Reputation, and Report post. Rep can either be good or bad. You cant rep someone twice without having to go through posts and give rep to people that deserve the rep. Then on your profile you can see how much rep you have acquired. I didnt read anything about it, i assumed this is how it was done.

A little burn on that plant or my classic Mg def?

Randomly saw that.

SG

Lol! Actually I think it was a bit of both. First they were starting to yellow, then I had the PPMs up past 1000! I was all over the spectrum trying to figure stuff out.

Back
Top Bottom