G-Dog, Finally Growing Something

Hey G-Dog I just found your journal, it's great. You've been a busy guy!

OMM cracks me up, what he said is just what I was thinking. Plants here, there & everywhere!

I love your pics even if you're not happy with the quality. I'm sure they'll just get better.

Good luck with the grows, esp the outdoors one. It sucks you can't get in there to check for mold. If I understand, when you do go in there you'll have to hack your way in and leave an obvious trail, so you have to chop them at the same time? Good luck, hope the ganja gods are with you!

Hey Blue Dog, LTNS. Thanks for dropping by.

Small update today. Those (4) clones I started with the Purple Kush and Purple Passion rooted fabulously. I almost broke out my camera to photograph the root systems of those clones. (3) of the (4) had extensive systems like you would expect in a hydro system or something. they have a good start now in the soil. (1) of the (4) had only little nubs for roots, and I do not know why, but I dipped it in rooting hormone before putting it in soil. I do not have a lot of room so I just put them in plastic drink bottles for now with some organic compost and perlite. I have (4) clones in drink bottles and (2) plants in small soil pots in my mother chamber (the hamper). It is awfully crowded in there, but the idea is not vigorous growth, but merely to keep them alive until I am ready to locate them in a proper veg space.

The News says we are having a heck of a spider season now.
Stoney_Spider_1.jpg

Here is the Purple Passion. It was Really mistreated getting home.. One I adopted as an adult. It is coming around, but man did it lose a lot of leaves in the process.
Purple_Passion_3rd_week_of_12_12_3.jpg

It will have some buds, two main colas, and what looks like numerous popcorn sites. I have considered just tossing this plant many times but for some reason kept it. She cloned well, so if the weed is good I will use the clones and if not I will just toss them. Space and numbers are issues to me so I can only keep the best. She is in her third week of 12-12 lighting and about a week into showing flower. I think I will be cutting her down about mid November. She is about 6 feet high.
Purple_Passion_3rd_week_of_12_12_2.jpg

Purple_Passion_3rd_week_of_12_12.jpg

Here is the Purple Kush. She is the other plant that I adopted as an adult and has been in 12-12 lighting for 3 weeks as well, and about a week of showing pistils. She is about 4 feet tall and has Lots of bud sites. She is going to be a pretty good producer. I hope her weed is good. I have two clones of her too.
Purple_Kush_3rd_week_of_12_12_5.jpg

Purple_Kush_3rd_week_of_12_12_4.jpg

Purple_Kush_3rd_week_of_12_12_3.jpg

Purple_Kush_3rd_week_of_12_12_1.jpg

Purple_Kush_3rd_week_of_12_12.jpg

Purple_Kush_Sept_24_2010_2.jpg

Here is my Chronic scrog. It is a total slow mover, but otherwise healthy. They have been in 12-12 lighting for about a week now. I would expect to see pistils any time now. My scrog has been maintaining a running temperature of just under 90 degrees and although that bothers me, I wonder if that is a real problem???? I mean I know people in California and Texas that see that kind of heat all season long and they grow monsters.
Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_24_2010_2.jpg

Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_24_2010_1.jpg

Hey G-Dog sorry it was so long but I didn't know you had a journal. What an awesome pic of the spider!

What kind of lighting do you use in the hamper? I can see the need for something like that to keep small plants barely growing... is that possible? Please let me know how you do that, thanks.

What's happening with your outdoors girls? Is the weather holding?

Take care my friend.

Think your right about the camera. Gotta go read all you can. Whole new ball game. I still have two bags full Nikon SLR's , just can't seem to part with them, they are like old friends.

Digitals are great once you learn what to do with them. Truthfully, I just learned enough to make good pictures for growing and stopped. :goodluck:

Sad development today as someone took my outdoor plants. They really smelled and I think that is what lead someone to them. I met a guy walking his dog that told me he trained his dog to find pot growing and I seen him walking his dog by my house. I do not know if it was him or not, but it don't matter. There is nothing I could or would do. I am not a violent person. I just keep feeling waves of despair. I was going to harvest them any day now and really needed the weed.

Thanks Capt. If there were more people like you in the world I would not feel so low today.

I had to actually buy some weed the other day (very good weed) but it took all the cash I had. I have been living on unemployment since I moved here and money is tight. My girl is about to kill me for not harvesting them earlier. Woulda coulda shoulda. I am the big idiot now for not listening to her. Even my dog is upset today.

Hey Blue, naw, my earliest coming would be the purples and they should be ready around the middle of November. We will probably do some trimming for some other folks soon so that should take care of that. I am really upset about my skunks though. I put a lot of waiting in for them and now some scum bag is trimming my girls. I am trying to be cool about it but my girl is just ragging on me for not harvesting when She said I should. I still think the ass that robbed me got them a couple weeks early. I almost think I know who did it and I feel like paying him a surprise visit just the see the look on his face. What I am afraid of is what I will do when I see that look. I am better to just let it go. If it weren't for my girl ragging on me so much I would be able to forget about it sooner.

Thanks AWMartian. I get depressed when I think of people stealing hippie lettuce. It happens though. Hell, I know folks that are selling pounds to dispensaries in San Francisco getting $4k a pound. I guess at those prices greed takes over. They are gone now. Like the loss of a friend, they are gone, so I just have to move on. I guess for every bad person there has to be at least ten good ones.

Hey G-Dog sorry it was so long but I didn't know you had a journal. What an awesome pic of the spider!

What kind of lighting do you use in the hamper? I can see the need for something like that to keep small plants barely growing... is that possible? Please let me know how you do that, thanks.

What's happening with your outdoors girls? Is the weather holding?

Take care my friend.

In the hamper I am using three lights. One is a 26w CFL and two 13w CFLs. So I guess I have 52 watts of CFL. I have white boards (formcore) lining the hamper. I had been giving them full strength nitrogen and they were over growing the hamper. I will be cutting that down to about 1/4th strength from now on. I had such vigorous growth that I thought it might be a nice place to finish them lol. I still go in there every other day or so and cut them back. Right now I have my mother Chronic clone and a spare Chronic Clone that are in 1 gallon pots. I do not know what I am going to do with that spare Chronic clone I have right now, but for the moment it is fine as long as I keep cutting it back. I also have 2 Purple Passion and 2 Purple Kush clones that are pretty new in 16 oz drink bottles in the hamper. I have run my bubble cloner in there before I recently transplanted them to soil (the Purples). It is a good place to clone. I cannot get over how well this hamper is working.

I guess the point is, if you put white boards in a hamper you only need about 50 watts of CFL to keep a mother alive and to make clones.

Thanks AWMartian. I get depressed when I think of people stealing hippie lettuce. It happens though. Hell, I know folks that are selling pounds to dispensaries in San Francisco getting $4k a pound. I guess at those prices greed takes over. They are gone now. Like the loss of a friend, they are gone, so I just have to move on. I guess for every bad person there has to be at least ten good ones.

that was your 420th post! gotta mean good things cumin' :)

Here is the hamper with the lid open. You can see the lights. They dangle off of hooks when I close it. The cords are all tie wrapped to the hooks they they don't get in the way. You can see the duct tape I used to keep the white boards (foamcore) to the interior.

Hamper_Lighting.jpg

Here is the insides. I guess the Mother Chronic is in a one gallon pot (left) and the spare Chronic clone is on the right and in a smaller container. I wish I knew someone that needed that right now.

You can also see the new clones of Purple Passion and Purple Kush in the drink cups.
If you look inside the hamper you can see the whole I cut for the computer fan. It is intake and blowing passively through the top. The lid doesn't close all the way because of the cord and that seems to be all the cooling that is needed for now.

Inside_the_Hamper.jpg

I can say this about the purples after a couple weeks in flower.. They are a relatively low odor strain.

G-Dog I feel your dispirit and despair That really sucks!
I know how I would feel. Crap! No good Bastards. Did they leave a trail or anything? I am rather non-violet too, however if I knew where they were, I could think of a way to get a bit of revenge. Call the cops on their butts if nothing else. You had some big plants, it must have been a big job for them, surely they left some kind of evidence. Bastards.

Your girl ragging on you doesn't help either!

Nothing I can say will help you. Crap!

I'm nonviolent too cept I shoot. Plant snagers are the lowest life idiot there is. I'm not able to really bump heads anymore in my old age. So they best not let me catch them. Sucks dude. Bummer. I've done a speed reading myself. ?????????????? Were you real close to harvest? And if you were 9 outta 10 times it's a friend or a friends friend. Sometimes people don't know when to shut their mouths. And they brag about someone elses venture. 'I know this dude, Man his weed looks like the Bomb' happens alot. Only its not you talking about you own weed, but some idiot who wants to have that big man complex. I'm not saying it's so, but look close at people you know. That's 90%. Yea is a thing with growing outside. It's a sad thing brother grower, only thing worst, is having a kick, in at your front door and someone faster on the trigger. Least in my world I hope I'm faster. Outside I'd not ever want to shoot anyone hard, unless rock salt, which is available, but I also hope to never have need. I allways hate to hear someone get burnt. I hope you still have enough inside to hold ya over. Keepem green

G-Dog I feel your dispirit and despair That really sucks!
I know how I would feel. Crap! No good Bastards. Did they leave a trail or anything? I am rather non-violet too, however if I knew where they were, I could think of a way to get a bit of revenge. Call the cops on their butts if nothing else. You had some big plants, it must have been a big job for them, surely they left some kind of evidence. Bastards.

Your girl ragging on you doesn't help either!

Nothing I can say will help you. Crap!

Thanks man, I think I know who did it. There is a guy that told my girl (he was flirting with her one day) that he trained his dogs to sniff out weed plants. Well, we seen him by our place a few weeks ago. I know where he lives and feel like just going over to say high. I know the smell of my weed. Seriously. No cops though. No violence. Just guilt.

My girlfriend is just upset. She has no idea when to harvest bud. I know they had a couple of weeks to go. I am not used to having a partner and she considers herself my partner. I had a strange feeling every time she talked about OUR harvest. She is talking about our indoor too and feels she has a say so in how much hash I make of it. She prefers weed and I prefer hash. Never had a partner before and it is uneasy. In the past everything I grew was all mine. Now when something goes wrong she feels she has a say in it. She doesn't know the first thing about growing. Seriously. She don't know sativa, she don't know indica, and she don't know about photo period, but an equal partner by just sleeping with me. Not only that, she smokes more than I do. Whatever, we are a team. Just have to get use to each other.

Dog! Man that is the shits! I would be so freaking devastated, Then I'd get mad, gotta let the frustration go man. I'd find me a nice little hiding spot one weekend and just watch for the bugger to come back looking for more. Of course if he's smart he won't go anywhere near that place. But who said pot thieves are smart? He may be looking for more sh*t thinking you've got stuff all over the area. If you see that guy with the dog around there I wouldn't be bashful, I'd walk up out of the bushes and tell him since he likes bragging about it anyway, that you know he took your sh*t and now you want it back or your going to to beat the living daylights out of his freakin head. When he tells ya that he didn't do it tell him ya don't like him anyway for flirting and bragging to your girl and you don't believe him. At least he'll never take walks there again.

Man I'm gettin more nervous by the day with my stuff outside. Very anxious to get it chopped and done with.

My heart goes out to ya Dog. Hope your indoor does you right!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune my friend. That is why I am strictly an indoor grower.I have had it happen to me to many times...Sorry Bro

Back
Top Bottom