Quix's SSH from Clone - Chocolate NL Re-Veg & Other Fun Strains Coming Soon!

Did you see any signifigant increase in resin production while using it foliarly....(is foliarly a word??)
I just cant spray anything on my buds...But the foliar application saves a lot of product....
One thing I have noticed for sure, is that when the plants are thirsty(Drooping a little) They perk back up VERY quickly when they get the SSU...Whereas with regular water, or water with regular nutes, they take their sweet ass time straightening out...Strange...

Hope you are well my friend:Namaste:

Hey Quix! :high-five:
Actually it worked just fine as a foliar spray...they got real frosty. The perk up sounds good to me! :thanks:

Day 42 since flip.....

CJ Widow...
PC160001.JPG

PC160002.JPG

PC160006.JPG

Durban Poison....
PC160003.JPG

PC160007.JPG

SSH.....
PC160008.JPG

PC160009.JPG

PC160010.JPG

PC160011.JPG

PC160012.JPG

PC160013.JPG

PC160014.JPG

PC160015.JPG

PC160016.JPG

PC160017.JPG

PC160018.JPG

PC160019.JPG

:Namaste::love::Namaste:-Q

@ GT, thank you brother, but I really think you'll be out doing me here very soon! I cant wait to see it too!

@ GS, thank you also brother...I do believe the Snow Storm Ultra works as far as trich production, but the end product had better taste clean and burn smooth, or I'll never use it again.

--The buds are starting to fall over, and its only week 6. They've got at least 2-5 weeks to go, except for the CJ Widow; She is the lowest producer, with a lot of hairs turning orange/brown. I think she'll have one more burst of growth, like they all do at some point in mid to late flower, but won't be much. Up close she smells just like rotten fruit....The DP is packing on the weight daily, and stinks up the whole house-A beautiful licorice/anise aroma; She is supposedly a landrace sativa, so I'm expecting a long finish on her.
The SSH, well, she exhibits much of her NL heritage, smell(Pine/Lemon), bud production and so on. She is still pretty airy, though, so I figure she'll take her sweet time finishing.
A day 45 defoliation is in order for all 3, but it'll be a mild one for the 2 smaller girls.
I'll start taking small samples at week 7, and hopefully none goes longer that 10 weeks.

:whoa: SSH..... Yes please, massive respect brother how can i not rep you ?

Thanks my friend!! You gave me my 6th green rep box!!:high-five:

Well my friends, here's the latest adventure/experiment, in what I hope to be a life-long pleasure.

I recently rescued two Super Silver haze clones, who've been taken from a mother who is already sexually mature; Their nodes are staggered, so topping or fimming will be out of the question. They were left in 1.5 inch rockwool cubes for around 3 weeks, before I recieved them, and had no visible roots.(I know better than to assume there are no roots INSIDE the cubes guys c'mon!)

Litterally 2 days in the DIY bubble cloner, with 1/4 strength FFGB and BAM!!
They are thriving, and look great. This was the day they went into the cloner....
P8300004.JPG
P8300006.JPG
P8300005.JPG

It is now one week from going into the cloner, and here is what we have.....
P9060008.JPG
P9070021.JPG
P9070020.JPG

More on them later....

As some of you know, I recently harvested 2 Northern Lights mothers, and 4 clones form one of the mothers.
There were certain traits in the #2 mother that were exceptional, and I spent the last week wishing I had clonned her, or could re-veg her. I payed no attention to her baren stalk for the last 7 days, as she was tossed asside after harvest. Upon my return from camping this weekend, I found this....
P9070023.JPG
P9060019.JPG

So back under the Spiral CFLs for some 24/0 action!!

She smells, and tastes like chocolate and fruit, with a hint of fuel. Her taste, is so damn smooth, almost like that of Pipe tobacco!!
My plan is to re-veg her in the flower chamber, while I veg the SSH clones for a few. About the time the NL mom is ready to clone, I'll swithch the two plants, and bonsai the NL to keep for breeding, and flower out the SSH in the flower chamber.

I'll be using a small amount of pollen from my last grow(there only IS a little) to make seeds with the SSH, which will be femminized...More on that later too.

For now, lets watch these SSH clones live a life they almost didn't get!:thumb:

Question what dio you mean by (Their nodes are staggered, so topping or fimming will be out of the question.)??? I have mature mothers I have taken mature clones from. After they get out of the clone room and go to veg. for a couple weeks I planed to top the plants before going into flower. Why cant I top an plant that has staggered nodes. Thanks

Question what dio you mean by (Their nodes are staggered, so topping or fimming will be out of the question.)??? I have mature mothers I have taken mature clones from. After they get out of the clone room and go to veg. for a couple weeks I planed to top the plants before going into flower. Why cant I top an plant that has staggered nodes. Thanks

Hey Born!:welcome:
Good question...
There's no reason you can't top a mature plant with staggered nodes...However, topping or FIMming is typically done to create more "main" colas, with fewer "popcorn" buds.....along with height regulation I suppose....

When a plant's nodes are staggered, you really only get one new shoot, or branch at a time; Whereas topping while the branches are still growing adjacent to eachother, (2 at a time), you'll get 2 new tops...And 4 the next time, then 8 and so on.

If you're only topping to get clones, it may be a better idea to take side shoots from a bit lower on the plant, as those cuttings will root faster...something to do with hormones....
I would pick lower branches that are 3 inches or longer, and cut after the first node on those branches.

Anyway sorry to ramble. If I didn't quite answer your question, please feel free to tell me, I'm not sure of your experience so I don't want to sound condecending. Also, feel free to stop in anytime, there are a great group of people with far more experience than myself, so if I'm ever unable to answer your questions, someone else surely will, and will be glad to do so.:Namaste:

Quix these look fantastic. I can't stop checking out these pics. This is pure beauty what you have done. The frost on those girls is amazing.

Great job!

Hey Quix ! Man you've out done yourself.......your girls just keep looking better and better. Some frosty buds you have there. Nice pictures too! :bravo:

Ah thanks OMM you're too kind. They'll never be as big and beautiful as the ones in your tent though!! :high-five:

Quix these look fantastic. I can't stop checking out these pics. This is pure beauty what you have done. The frost on those girls is amazing.

Great job!

Hey thanks 70's! I really appreciate the kind words! I honestly don't know if its the Snow Storm Ultra I feed them, or the strains....But each of the 3 plants is a different strain, so I do believe the product is working. We shall see on the next grow, as I will be doing a comparison of treated vs untreated with SSU.

I have also learned that your environment is the single most crucial factor when it comes to getting healthy, happy looking buds. Temperature, and humidity play such a huge role in the outcome. A high of 75-77 is realy where I've seen the best growth. My RH is pretty low, especially during the winter months here, but I've seen no problems at 16-30 % RH....Even during veg, even for clones, and without a humidity dome...I dont believe in them.
Anyway, aside from a healthy soil, decent water, and a few things added in, cool temps and a moderately low RH are all thats needed...Well light too, but hell I use CFLs only on half my plants so....:Namaste:

Those ladies are looking amazing!! Nice set up and grow you have here!!:bravo:
Glad you started labeling the bud shots!! Can't wait to see more!!!
:welcome: SnowSkate!
Thanks for the kind words my friend, and welcome to my 8 SQ ft of this community, lol. My "setup" is primitive, but it's producing what I need. Final 2-5 weeks of bloom are ahead still, then a new grow with some fun strains and some seed making. Hope to see you around bud!:Namaste:

:welcome: SnowSkate!
Thanks for the kind words my friend, and welcome to my 8 SQ ft of this community, lol. My "setup" is primitive, but it's producing what I need. Final 2-5 weeks of bloom are ahead still, then a new grow with some fun strains and some seed making. Hope to see you around bud!:Namaste:
You will def see me around! I'm new here but I'm addicted lol. I spend so much time on here haha. Worth every second. I'm always learning new stuff!! Thank you :420:

:Namaste:

Those frosty buds had me thinking of what's coming soon, lots of snow. The only reason I can stand winter is my warm closet.

We use our light and ballast as a heat source in the winter!! Its awesome not running heat in our bed room!!

Those frosty buds had me thinking of what's coming soon, lots of snow. The only reason I can stand winter is my warm closet.

Man I hear that brother Sisco! I hate me some cold....Been in colorado damn near 20 years and STILL aint used to it...Hell I even lived in Alaska for 6 years, no help....I'm a sun n surf type of guy all the way....

Back
Top Bottom