G-Dog, Finally Growing Something

Okay one mistake on the photos of the plants that I got last night... One is Purple Kush (the shorter one on the counter) and the taller one is Purple Passion. Not sure what I am going to get out of this as I have not been too impressed with any of the purple weed I have smoked so far. I have seen some growers on another forum that has some purple weed that was all frosty. The bigger plant was a mother plant so it must be something special. I think that is the reason that it is so tall and has so many branches missing along the bottom.

So these two plants have been under veg lighting indoor until today. Today they are by a window getting CFL lighting. Not intense lighting right now, but sufficient until I get a HPS. Not thrilled about using HIDs right now as that goes against my new policy of CFL lighting, but because I inherited these plants in their current state I am forced to adapt to the plants. I have a day or two to think about it, but I cannot see making any kinds of contraption or contraptions to adapt CFLs to these plants.

I do not know what the bud is going to be like from these two new girls, but I am optimistic. I hope I get a nice couple of ounces to supplement my other projects. The way things look this fall we are going to be swimming with weed, and that has nothing to do with what you all see here. I will be assisting a very large medical cooperative this harvest season. I was told that I will be awfully beat and tired of making hash and trimming this harvest.

On a side note.. the fellows that gave me these plants warned me over and over again NOT to just put them outside. I had originally planned on just putting them outside, but these guys said I would probably kill them. These same guys only used distilled water and other things like that that I consider a waste of time. I am not even sure if distilled water is good for a plant. Anyway, I have been growing for years and do not think putting these girls outside would hurt them, but I wonder what you all think. The fact that they have been under 24 hour lighting until today makes me wonder if they would have time to make any real buds in the next 2 to 2 1/2 months. I would have had them outside months ago if I had them then. Anyone that has any thoughts on this are welcome to comment.

First off, I love that nook under the desk! And the hamper for Mom! LOL. Congrats on the new additions even if it may cause some running around trying ti figure out what to do with'em.

If you've got 2 1/2 months of growable weather. I don't see why not. Though I'm not too familiar with those two strains and not sure about 'ideal' climates for them. maybe they need hot and dry conditions or just need a longer flower time than what ya got.

Hey Woods, thanks for stopping by.

The original growers think that my putting them outside would put them into unrecoverable shock. Many folks are going to start harvesting here in about three weeks and harvest last about three weeks. I am new around here, but man that seems early. I don't think they let them go long enough if you ask me.

I will grow these inside now. I just didn't want a hot light.

Purple kush is a nice strong strain and my personal favorite of the purps. That's the one you may want to keep a mother of. And yes, you want to keep the new plants in the same or close to the same environment they came from or shock can occur. Which is indoor with 24/7 lights. Of course changinging light schedule shouldn't do too much harm. But definately wanna keep them indoors. Looking good though. Peace:peace:

Okay things are progressing along indoors. Here is a shot of the three plants I am going to use for the scrog project. You see three 1.5 gallon pots. One will be put in the mother chamber and the other two I will be putting into flower this week. The smaller pot clones will be either set out to their own devices outside or thrown away. Forgive the photography, the setup is not perfect for photos.
Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_9_2010_4.jpg

Here are some close-ups of the plants I will be using.
Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_9_2010_21.jpg

Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_9_2010.jpg

Here is a photo of the clones I have taken from that larger plants I just got that are getting flower lighting right now.

Clones_of_PP_and_PK_Sept_7_2010.jpg

Thanks 619. I am taking my chances and flowering the purps now. I never really wanted anymore big plants and I just want to get through this. Kind of a pain to take on... but not that much of a pain. I will finish them inside. I gave them their first dose of bloom formula and have started the 12-12 lighting.

Hey Woods, yeah I cannot believe we are harvesting this early. I guess October is harvest time for these cats. My people in Norcal go through November and even into December. I am not too impressed with their last years crop and do not expect anything better this year. I love the hash. I am not calling any shots on this deal so I will just help out and hopefully get some nice hash for myself and some buds for my girl. She don't mind this stuff.

It is funny, but in all my traveling I see completely different weed cultures. When I was in the south they smoked brick weed and laughed at me for paying premium prices for good bud. Then I get to NorCal and they would not think what I was spending money on in the South was worth even smoking. My people there would make hash out of the buds I paid good money for in the south. Now that I am in the PNW I am finding people that are perfectly content with stringy, early harvested weed. I do know that most of my friends here seem to only want to smoke hash though. My girl is from the area and she smokes local bud all day long. But when I am with the guy I get it from we only smoke hash.

I only made 4 clones of that purple stuff. I hope at least one of those turn out each. I usually like to increase my margin of safety a little higher than that. If I have a clone disaster of sorts I guess I can always try to take more clones while they are in flower. My current indoor grow of Chronic (In the desk) were cuttings taken in early flower. I had pretty good success rooting those.

High Everyone. It has been about two weeks since my last Outdoor Update. As I had mentioned, it is not that easy to get there and I like to keep it that way. Here is a picture to start of my back yard.
My_BackYard_sept_9_1.jpg

Here are the girls, three of them, Skunk No. 1. They are stretching and filling in. All this rain lately seems to have helped. The taller of the three is about 6 feet and the other two are not that far behind.
Outdoor_2010_Sept_9_6.jpg

Outdoor_2010_Sept_9_5.jpg

Outdoor_2010_Sept_9_3.jpg

Outdoor_2010_Sept_9_2.jpg

I think I will get a couple oz off of these three ladies.. Of course some hash too!

We still have about 6 weeks to go, unless I get restless

Here is a closeup of some of the buds to give you an idea how they are doing.

I got a shot similar to this two weeks ago, so you can see it is progressing.

Bud_Development_9_sept_2010.jpg

Thanks Green

I had a busy day today.

I decided that I really couldn't get two 3 gallon puts in my Rubbermade tub. I am now going to just use the two 1.5 gallon tubs. It is going to get awfully crowded in there as it is.

I fixed chicken wire to the top of my Rubbermade tub with Bungy Cord and Zip Ties.

My plants are already touching the chicken wire. It will take me no time at the rate they are growing to fill up my chicken wire. I have lots of head room (I hope) so I see myself dangling CFLs between buds. I do not think I will be vegging for more than about two weeks with the growth rate of these clones. I have a spare runt clone in there that I will be taking out soon. Maybe I will but it under a translucent Rubbermade tube in the woods pretty soon and get what I get out if it (instead of just a senseless murder).

scrog_complete_9_sept_2010_2.jpg

Srog_complete_9_sept_2010.jpg

Here is the Hamper that I use for my Mother Chamber and Clone Chamber. I will only need a couple clones a year so Bonsai is the way to go with the mother.

Bonsai_Mother_Chamber_and_Clone_Chamber.jpg

Insinde_Hamper_Mother_and_Clone_Chamber.jpg

Looking good my friend, and your outdoor plants are budding up nicely...Growing with the CFL's is very interesting, some people say you can't get tight buds from them but so far I haven't seen this. I have grown under HID's for years and after seeing what someone else did with the CFL's I was impressed and had to try them. I am on my second grow using the CFL's and while you may get a slightly tighter bud from the HID's I don't see where there is that big of a difference and when you factor in the effort that you have to put into cooling down a room full of HID's well I'm sold on the CFL's. I can see where the difference would come in if you were growing a huge room but for a small grow they are more than ideal. Good luck on your endeavor and I will be looking in to see how you are doing...:roorrip:

Thanks WMD. You know I have to so intentionally keep it small. I really love to see threads with those monsters. I love hash and would make so much hash from those... but I have to keep it small right now. One day I will grow some of those big round monsters.

Well here is an update of sorts, what's going on in the house.

Those two purple plants I got that were pretty big have been experiencing shock of sorts. The bigger one, Purple Passion, seems to be the worst. It has lost a lot of leaves from rough handling getting it here. I have my doubts about keeping this one around much longer if I do not see that stopping. The other purple plant, Purple Kush seems to be better. It had a nicer ride home. Neither of the plants have really started to bud up yet... It has been about 10 days of 12 hour lighting. I did not look at them too hard, so that is not a fair assessment. They are both females from clone, so that is not an issue. I just feel I have about 8 weeks once they show noticeable pistols.

Purple Kush
Purple_Kush_sept_14_2010.jpg

I have my clones of those two purples in the cloner and they seem to be doing fine.

My Chronic Scrog is developing fine, although a bit warmer in there than I would like. The plants are healthy and I just stuck a thermometer in there today. I need to cool it off in there and still maintain the light seal I need. I know, everyone has that problem. The plants seem fine, but I want to get that light leaks figured out before I go into flower photoperiod. I want to have this problem solved pretty soon so that I can start to flower these girls.

Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_14_2010_2.jpg

Chronic_Scrog_Project_Sept_14_2010_1.jpg

I wonder sometimes if this is even worth it with all the trouble we go thru.

Back
Top Bottom