First Ever Grow

Thought I seen a seed but apparently it's a swollen calyx.. I have a few of these now, and it seems like the orange hairs are being sucked into the bud.. Do the swollen calyxes indicate anything special

Yes they indicate that the plant is maturing. I'd give it 2 more weeks, and you'll see that your buds swell up just like those calyxs. Its pretty cool to watch, as it happens rather fast. But as for the sunlight, if you have all your lights too it will definately help, though it may not be much due to the fact that most windows reflect alot of sunlight back outside. Good luck,
-BH

hey man i went to good will and got 50 bulbs for 50 bucks. then i went to a yard sale and bought VANITY light they held 8 lights a piece my light bill barely changed and put a scrogg over it, it was the cheapest i had every grew, i used the red spectrum cfls and my t5to veg they are 80 to 100 $ made by s*n Leaves. sorry if the dont sponsor the sight but i only vegged for very few days then 36hrs of dark and came out with 1.5 oz of some of the best smoke. all about lovinig your plants and they will love you back!!
Sure others might say its not a good reflector and i used foil to keep all the spectrums inthats what i was saying about wrapping card board cause from what i could see only half the light was facing the plant. Take was i say with a grain of salt ecause I'm only a few grows ahead of you and not by mamy and still learning everyday. there is so much knowledge to be learned here as long as you RE spect others journal, some of the few i have ve made relationships with are Doc bud who is making his own kits for high brix growing kit to to add a bale of PRO MIX HP, Cultivator who has many growings going on for his caretakers, and OMM has a social networks that is aweasome for meetig new associates, and friends and family. Just don't copy and paste a bunch of stuff in others journal and in it really pisses people off when they get highjacked, people start posting so much stuff that they hi jack others journals

Bh i have the window open cause it can open from the top. Awesome i hope they do swell up. A couple are open and have the two orange hairs receding into it.. is that normal? And thanks a lot for telling me not to harvest yet.. I wouldn't have gotten much of anything. And thanks for the advice corydavid

Hey brother, sorry I haven't been around much. Been kinda hectic around here, lots going on. As Corydavid said, the windows do reflect a lot of light, in certain spectrums. Most newer windows are designed to do just that. Aluminum foil is not the best reflector, but will do in a pinch. I have polished aluminum reflectors on my 1000 watters, as do most folks. They are actually a diffuser. They spread the spectrum out to even it somewhat, but still can produce hot spots. The reflectors on my T5's are a thin film of atomized aluminum, similar to how they make mirrors. They aren't dealing with as much heat, so plastic is fine. The thing to be careful about with using cardboard as a backer, is fire. Heat can build up where the foil and cardboard touch, so be careful with that. Give the buds time to mature brother, and you will appreciate the harvest much more. Keep em green.:thumb:

ya not a problem go to a habitat for huminity place and you can find the vanities for cheap. i found mine at a yard sale and had 5 buck in my wallet and my dad made me get 2 and paid for the other. i was able to wire them using a reagular house plus for 1.99. Patience is the worst with these. hell sit in the room and talk above your plant. They love co2 and it weighs more than oxygen so need to start at top of room to drift down. good luck and keep focused.

Hey GMT good to see you again, thanks for the safety tips. GUESS WHAT!? On one of my colas the plants calyxes are turning a dark purple colour.. Right at the tip. I keep my window open in there with the curtain in front of it, so they can get fresh air.. It's not terribly cold so I don't think it's hurting them, am I going to get purple buds?

Just took a sample, cut half of a lower branch off.. Then I used to steam-dry microwave method to get rid of some of the moisture.. I smoked a small bowl, and it got me very very.. medicated. I can't wait to see how strong it is after I cure it. :D

Just harvested after 50+ hours of dark, there's a pile of the sugar leaves in the pic as well:
IMG_20121118_105352.jpg
Here's a ball of hash I made after picking off the sticky leaves:
IMG_20121118_105410.jpg
and here's the main cola:
IMG_20121118_105447.jpg
I think I'll get around 10 grams dried.. lol. Oh well, it's amazing quality though, very dank, has a spicy scent to it, it's weird.. Gonna have em dry for about a week I'm guessing then cure for 2

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom