First Ever Grow

Ambition

Hi, I just decided to start a grow journal, it's my first ever plant (except one before that died after about 2 weeks lol). Anyways this is her from a month or so ago
IMG_045610.jpg
. This next picture is her about a week ago, I just started 12/12 cycle at this point.
IMG_046618.jpg
IMG_046313.jpg
IMG_046419.jpg
IMG_046517.jpg
Idk what you guys think about that.. Is it decent? I was hoping to get a quarter pound off her, that'd be the shit. I used 4 CFL's 5000k 23watt for her vegetative growth, and now I'm using 3 2700k 23watt CFL's with 2 5000k 23watt CFL's for flowering. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on something I could build/place around the plant to reflect the light back to it, because I want to start growing atleast 3 plants at a time, but I don't want to use 5 lights per plant like I'm doing with this one. If I had a good reflective material around her would 5 CFL's be enough for 3 plants? Any help is appreciated, I'll keep you updated with pics, I'm pretty sure it's a girl, as is has a lot of pistils growing in between the stems. She's about 1.5ft tall I think.:lot-o-toke:

Im not an indoor grower, so I can't comment on the lights. A few pics showed the plant a little stressed ( wounded leaf + drooping ). Also seems a little cramped. Dunno how you get good air flow into there. But if it's only 1.5 feet tall ( not topped or LSTed) and already shooting pistils out there in my opinion your dreaming big dreams about getting a QP off that plant.

Foil would work as a reflective material.
Like I said, I prefer the Sun to pay my electric bill.

Best of Luck with that!:420:
RL~

You can buy a 4ftx4ft grow tent for about $200 or less on ebay, i recently built a clone/veg box a bit bigger than 2ftx2ft for less for $48 Au, just paid for some Mylar emergency blankets to cover it for both insulation and reflection total cost of a bit more than $50, frame is made from 3 shelving units t picked up from my local hardware store, all galvanized steel.
imag00501347780021.jpg

Id suggest upgrading to say a 600w HPS for flowering

I got a roll of blackout hydroponics sheeting on eBay for about £10 its reflective white one side and black on the other the roll was 5 metres x 2 metres, cant be robbed and a 600w hps seems a bit OTT and will rape your electric bill just more powerfull cfl's say a 200 or 300 w seems to work well for most people with small grows from journals ive read on here

Thanks for the advice, I just seen the female preflowers:yahoo:! Two white hairs coming out from between the stems. She's growing very well, but yea I have noticed her leaves do sag down a lot, and the ones near the bottom have been turning yellow (Just a few) so I just ripped them off (Gently). Maybe it's because they aren't getting enough light down there, as I do not have anything reflecting the light back towards the plant so I think the only spots getting light is right next to the bulbs. She's just about 2ft tall, I thought flowering could double to triple height, that's too bad I was hoping for a QP lol. Never even had an ounce to myself, most bud I've ever had at once would be around a quarter, I just buy eights all the time. But I seen a QP once and it was so much!! Which is why I wanted to have that much, just to look at it like, "Damn, I gotta' lot of bud".

BTW the leaves don't sag where my lights are pointed towards, so I think that's the problem, I've moved a couple lights around trying to get light to those leaves. I kept the one pointed towards the main cola though.

Id suggest upgrading to say a 600w HPS for flowering[/QUOTE said:
I have a 250watt HPS I think it is, but no fixture, and when I went to Home Depot all they had were 100-300$ lawn light or wall-mount fixtures, so.. and I don't have a job right now lol, and school is back in. What kind of food would you suggest because my worm-shit food mix is almost gone. Miracle Grow?

If you can add more CFL's you would improve your harvest. Our first grow ever was under CFL's and we hit 4 ozs per plant (2 Plants). Bear in mind they were both autoflowers and weren't suppose to yield as much. Second biggest concern is heat. Make sure you can keep them comfortable at around 75 to 80 degrees. Do not use Miracle grow if you can avoid it. Standard potting soil works better with zero fertilizer in it. Other than that, it is looking good for what it is. Gotta start somewhere. Good luck and keep em green.

IMG_047216.jpg
Wow nice, and autoflower is when you do 12/12 cycle from the beginning right? I would love to get 4oz atleast 2 though. Anyways, just got an emergancy blanket thing, and wrapped it around the lights, here's some pics, is this dangerous? and is there a better way it could be setup? Thanks.
IMG_047512.jpg
IMG_047417.jpg
IMG_047316.jpg

oh an I accidently dropped the light on the main stalk again (Done it like 3 times now in this grow lol) It shouldn't hermie it right? The pics were taken right after I bent her stem back, so it seems fine. Also, what kind of food should I get then?

Im not an indoor grower, so I can't comment on the lights. A few pics showed the plant a little stressed ( wounded leaf + drooping ). Also seems a little cramped. Dunno how you get good air flow into there. But if it's only 1.5 feet tall ( not topped or LSTed) and already shooting pistils out there in my opinion your dreaming big dreams about getting a QP off that plant.

Foil would work as a reflective material.
Like I said, I prefer the Sun to pay my electric bill.

Best of Luck with that!:420:
RL~

I fimmed it like 3 weeks ago.

The autoflowers are a strain derived from ruderalis. "Cannabis Ruderalis is a subspecies of Cannabis Sativa. The term was originally used in the former Soviet Union to describe the varieties of hemp that had escaped cultivation and adapted to the surrounding region." Ruderalis is an "autoflower" because it automatically begins flowering at a set time period, usually a week or so after germinating. They can have a "seed to weed" time of as little as 8 weeks. They generally have smaller yields though. As far as the "blanket", just watch your temps. I, like many when first starting, made it much more complicated than neccesary. Over watering, miracle grow soil, not enough light, to much nutrient, and high temps. I have since simplified as much as I can for now. I prefer a 75/25 mix of soil with good drainage. 75% promix or sunshine mix and 25% Fox Farms Ocean Forest. As for nutrients, I prefer General Organics vegan line. Very difficult to "burn" your plants by over feeding. Plus, I no longer have to PH balance the solution. I bought thermometers from walmart which show temperature and relative humidity for about $12 dollars each. Retired my expensive PH meter. It makes for a simple, repeatable grow, time and again. So keep an eye on the temps. That will cause your females to hermie. Good luck bro.

The autoflowers are a strain derived from ruderalis. "Cannabis Ruderalis is a subspecies of Cannabis Sativa. The term was originally used in the former Soviet Union to describe the varieties of hemp that had escaped cultivation and adapted to the surrounding region." Ruderalis is an "autoflower" because it automatically begins flowering at a set time period, usually a week or so after germinating. They can have a "seed to weed" time of as little as 8 weeks. They generally have smaller yields though. As far as the "blanket", just watch your temps. I, like many when first starting, made it much more complicated than neccesary. Over watering, miracle grow soil, not enough light, to much nutrient, and high temps. I have since simplified as much as I can for now. I prefer a 75/25 mix of soil with good drainage. 75% promix or sunshine mix and 25% Fox Farms Ocean Forest. As for nutrients, I prefer General Organics vegan line. Very difficult to "burn" your plants by over feeding. Plus, I no longer have to PH balance the solution. I bought thermometers from walmart which show temperature and relative humidity for about $12 dollars each. Retired my expensive PH meter. It makes for a simple, repeatable grow, time and again. So keep an eye on the temps. That will cause your females to hermie. Good luck bro.

Thanks, and good luck with your future grows. I'm at school from 7-2 though, so it's hard for me to really watch the temps until I get back to my house, I have the window open and a fan on the plants though. I don't have a Ph scale or a humidity gauge nor thermometer lol. It's on my list though. I think when I told the plant if it was a male I'd kill it, it knew what to do. I watched a documentary on water and how it has memory and shit, it was actually very interesting, so sometimes I talk to my plant, maybe it helps, maybe I'm just retarded, whatever.. :surf: Thanks for the help again.

Got some nice pictures of some pretty preflowers. :p' How much longer would one estimate that I will start to see bud, and my whole upstairs will smell beautiful? Honestly I've been waiting for it to start smelling dank for awhile, I love it. But right now it doesn't smell too far unless I rub the stem and smell my fingers, I think I can remember which bud it came from just by the smell. Don't know the name but it was some bomb shit. Sorry I think the pictures are upside-down, not sure why, a little too drunk, a lot too high. lol kind of a rhyme.. Anyways :p'
IMG_047810.jpg
IMG_047714.jpg

Got some nice pictures of some pretty preflowers. :p' How much longer would one estimate that I will start to see bud, and my whole upstairs will smell beautiful? Honestly I've been waiting for it to start smelling dank for awhile, I love it. But right now it doesn't smell too far unless I rub the stem and smell my fingers, I think I can remember which bud it came from just by the smell. Don't know the name but it was some bomb shit. Sorry I think the pictures are upside-down, not sure why, a little too drunk, a lot too high. lol kind of a rhyme.. Anyways :p'
IMG_047810.jpg
IMG_047714.jpg

Patience grasshopper! All in due time. Gotta give the ladies their time to mature. Figure an average of 8 weeks or so for flowering. So another week to ten days and you should have buds forming if they are indeed in flower cycle.

Looks like a got a regular^ Good maybe sometime I can be of help with your plants. Anyways thanks for stopping by again, awesome, I can't wait to see how the bud forms from the stem, I've been trying to picture it. Seems like it would look weird as it first starts, so that wil be interesting, but most importantly it will smell great!

Update! We're 2 and a half weeks into flowering and she's about 2ft 4in now. Got some new plant food, here's some pics:
IMG_050215.jpg
IMG_050122.jpg
IMG_050016.jpg
IMG_049919.jpg
IMG_049815.jpg

If you want to stay cheap, build your own grow box. Buy 2 sheets of 1/2" plywood and 3 2"x2"x8' lumber and make the box with the 2x2 as corner and top framing and the plywood as the box. It will build you a 48" high x 24" deep x 30" wide box. Then paint the interior with flat white latex paint and you will have a good box that will grow your plants well and only cost you about $50. Keep the interior clean and it will reflect light as well as your thermal blankets. As for lights, check out some of the older journals and learn how to make a light reflector for about $20.

One small bit of advice. Dont be concerned about how much a plant yields as they will yield what they do till you get more experience then you can learn the secrets to getting better yields.

Back
Top Bottom