First Grow: 2 Northern Lights, 2019

Ok yes keep vegging them, you still have plenty of time to get some size to them.

What I was thinking as well. I've heard mix reviews on extending the veg period, but I figure it can't hurt if it's just a week or so.

Hi all, quick update:

Day 55. Some additional growth, but not a lot. Regardless, I think i'm gonna flip them to flower in a few days. Thoughts?

Also, here's a leaf from the lower part of the plant. I can't tell if it's calcium or potassium deficiency. That or I need to feed them more? Thanks for everyones help!

Attachments

• IMG_1289 2.JPG
    IMG_1289 2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1287 2.JPG
    IMG_1287 2.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1288 2.JPG
    IMG_1288 2.JPG
    947.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1284 2.JPG
    IMG_1284 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Well, change of events. Turns out these are autoflowers and I had no idea. The entire time I was treating them like they were still in veg. I switched my light over to bloom on 20/4. Here's a picture of them. They're a little droopy.
IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry all! I realized I gave a summary of the end of my grow, but it was on a different thread I started after my grows progress. Here's what I said:

I'm sorry I haven't updated much. I had some issues 2-3 weeks ago and posted about them here: Scared at day 56

Today was the day I chopped my first grow down! Oh man, what a feeling. I had butterflies. Here's some pics pre-cut (apologies ahead of time for taking a picture with the lights on). I want to share some of the things I learned along the way in hopes of it potentially helping others.

I found out that my plant was an autoflower when I had been treating it like it was a photo period. This caused a lot of misses in terms of lighting usage, timing of training, nutrients given, etc. I contribute that to being a big reason my plants were of a lower yield. I also blame number 3 below for this.

1. I used an organic potting soil. While it wasn't bad to use, I noticed it was really dense is some area and really low. I also had to add soil 3/4 of the grow in. Make sure you fill your pots up all the way and use a good soil/medium.

2. pH, pH, pH. Make sure you calibrate your pH meters and ALWAYS check your pH when watering.

3. Transplant. I read a lot of research on this topic and decided to stick them directly into the soil after germification. a giant, 3-gallon fiber pot. I don't recommend it. I feel like my roots would have had a better start in a solo cup, honestly. Transplanting from something as small as a solo cup is really easy and can give your roots a better head-start.

I'll be starting my next grow here in a few days. SUPER excited to start on 2 Zkittlez and 1 Blueberry. I'll also be using only mega crop for my next grow for nutrients, so if you're curious about it, stay tuned.

I also want to give a big shout-out to those that helped and supported me along the way, especially (and sorry if i missed anyone): @bluter @Jack420 @Vulx @Hydroholic @Pennywise @Emilya
I also now, whole-heartedly, believe the @Emilya article on watering a plant SAVED my plants lives. I'll be adding it to my signature.

Finally, yes, I'll maybe get just shy of an ounce out of it. But it was my very first run at it and damnit, I'll be proud of whatever I harvest! I've had so much fun and satisfaction out of doing this!
IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1481.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Hi! Yes, sorry. Final update is below!

I'm not sure I could fairly rate the strain. I didn't know it was an auto-flower until it started flowering, and I had a lot of missed opportunities with it. I guess it survived my neglectful ass. :p

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

YAAAAAASSSSSSS

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom