First Grow - Bag Seed - DIY Grow Box - FFOF with Nutes - Advice Welcome

So I have come to the conclusion that I cannot get my plants trichomes to turn amber under CFL lighting no matter how much wattage or time I use. My lights are 10 x 23W set on 10 hrs a day on. My girls have been under these lights since Aug. 2014. Thats over 4 months of flower lighting. The trichomes remain clear to milky-white and I cant see any traces of amber. I will post close-up pics for you to examine.
So unless someone comes up with a reason not to harvest these girls, I plan to harvest in the next 48 hrs.
Stay tuned and as always, thanks for dropping by and looking.

==sec0pz

Today I harvested the last two plants from the original 10 plants. I fear I have left them too long and they have started to get brown and die off. The trichomes never did even start to turn amber on any of my plants to date. I still believe that the CFL's are the root of my "non-amber trichomes" problem. But my last two plants have told me that I dont need amber trichomes to have some smooth quality smoke.
So I clipped the plants and trimmed all the buds as close as I could. Stems are also gone and both plants are now in the drier. Total weight was 138 grams the "lite colored plant", and 133 grams from the green plant. Slightly over a pound per plant. Not horrible. I will post pics soonest.
These two plants conclude my first time grow effort. I learned soo much. I also learned that I dont know enough about it yet, so I will prob try again soon.
Thanks for stopping by.

==sec0pz

As promised, pics of the buds before I harvested.

DSC01240a.jpg

DSC01238a.jpg

DSC01236a.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom