First Grow - Bag Seed - DIY Grow Box - FFOF with Nutes - Advice Welcome

Hello, Yes many growers utilize defoliation to help their plants grow better.

During Veg We growers WANT to stop vertical growth and promote bushy growth. This is where bigger yields can come from. They will gain a lot of stretch during the first 2 weeks of flower.

Could we see some pictures? Switching to bloom should be based off your grow space, most plants can double in size during the course of flower.

M1DRAGONACE,
Thank you sooo much for your help. Sorry for the delay in getting the pics posted. You can compare these pics with the ones I posted on 4/12 as it was shortly after I took those pics that I thought the Fan leaves were blocking inside and lower growth. Thats when I went wild with the clippers and pruned most of them.
I still have a few feet left to grow in the "veg" box, but I am close to building a much larger 4x5x6 ft DIY "flower" tent from PVC and panda film. I learned how to build it on YouTube. The new plants are also doing great and I have them on 1/4 nuits and 18/6 hrs.
Anyway, new pics below. Thanks much again.

==sec0pz

DSC00921a.jpg

DSC00914a.jpg

DSC00915a.jpg

DSC00916a.jpg

DSC00917a.jpg

DSC00918a.jpg

DSC00919a.jpg

New Grow Tent, New lights, MOve to Flower,More questions...

For starters, I need more room. So I built a new grow tent out of 3/4 inch PVC and 6 mil Panda Film. Its 5'x5'x4' and I must says, Its pretty cool. Simple and cheap to build. Learned how on YouTube. Also built new CFL lights w/ reflectors. Also learned on YouTube. New lights are 2700k 23W CFL's. New tent also has a 6 inch 240 CFM exhust fan and an 8 inch oscillating fan. I plan for more CFL lighting asap, but it was good enough to move the big girl over and start her on flower light schedule.

This where the questions start. What should the light schedule be? Do i go straight from 18/6 of 6500k light to 12/12 of 2700k light? or do I gradually change the light sched.? and if so, how gradual...1 week? 2 weeks? a month? 3 months?

Also, should I trim the fan leaves? The last time did this on this plant, it created many new bud locations and alot of light got to the inner portions of the plant. I think I should trim fan leaves, but wanta hear what the pros think.

I also took some clones (4) of this bagseed plant before I put into new tent. How long does it take for clones to take root and how long before I should transplant the clones out of the humidity dome and into a pot under 6500k CFL's?

Any and all help or suggestions are always welcome, as I slog along my n00b learning curve.
Oh, and no update would be complete without pics! Enjoy.

==sec0pz

DSC00950a.jpg

DSC00949a.jpg

DSC00948a.jpg

DSC00947a.jpg

You are doing really good. When I think ya need help im here for you. Good job. Isnt youtube an amazing resource. Im constantly finding new things to watch on youtube so many how to videos.

Update...Long time comin...
In the serch for more room, I split the new grow tent in half, using one side for veg and one side for flower. And now I have even outgrown that.
DSC00991a.jpg
DSC00992a.jpg
DSC00993a.jpg

Once I had it split, I turned the light back to 10 hrs per day, added "CAL-MAG" and B-vitamin to water and added CO2. About two weeks ago, the first white hairs started to appear. I feel soooo much better after finally seeing the hairs grow out and start to form buds....I am soo excited.

DSC01076a.jpg
DSC01075a.jpg
DSC01074a.jpg
DSC01078a.jpg

As always, Thanks for looking. Any and all comments or assistance would be very welcome. Sorry for the delay between updates. Its been a busy time lately....

Need help from you guys with experience.
Basically, I think its ready too harvest, but I dont have a mag glass to look at trichomes. I have ordered a mag glass and it should be here next week. This my first grow and first plant to harvest, so I would like to get this right.
Tell me what you think...Is it ready to harvest? and if so, any recommendations on harvesting would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the pics.

DSC01099a.jpg

DSC01098a.jpg

DSC01097a.jpg

DSC01096a.jpg

DSC01095a.jpg

As always, thanks for looking and thanks for your help.

sec0pz

Good morning sec0pz. From what I'm seeing I don' think she is ready yet. Pistils are, for lack of a better description, still look active or growing. Without a scope it's tough to tell. If the pistils were starting to lay down so to speak then I would be looking a little closer. If you have a macro setting on camera and can get a really close up and in regular light you may see the stage it is in. Hope this helps a little. All your plants are looking good. You are going to be happy when the harvest begins. :high-five::volcano-smiley:

Thanks much for the input Beemer. I think you are right. She might not be ready. I have a 100x microscope on order for delivery later in the week, so I am gonna wait til the 100X gets here and take a look at it then. Also gonna try my digital cam out again and see if I can find "macro mode". If so, I will post more pics for your review.
Thanks much for your help.

==sec0pz

Close, but no cigar yet. Patience grasshopper, while be rewarded. Your ladies are lookin` good.

Not yet.... be patient. I know Patience is a virtual that I struggle with. In the old days before loups rule of thumb for harvest was 50% red pistols. I see NO red pistols at all. How long have they been in flower? What is the stated time frame for the strain. From the looks of it from pictures, I would say a couple more weeks but with out really seeing them.

Just do what I did on my last grow, burn a doobie and wait.

Maui

Thank you very much yooper and MauiWaui for your council.
I have more photos with some zoom-in shots that seem to verify all of your collective wisdoms by showing all milky-white and no amber.
DSC01124x100.jpg

DSC01124crop.jpg

DSC01124crop-resize.jpg

DSC01124c.jpg

DSC01123x400.jpg

I cant thank you guys enough for your help.
P.S. Can I enter the "nug of the month" contest with this girl?

as always, Thanks for looking.

==sec0pz

sec0pz,
Nug of the month you want to enter ? No,not at this time as the nug of the month must be dried, trimmed, and ready to use.

So, I harvested last week. I harvested with mostly all milky-white trichomes, cuz I wanted to maintain the "head-high". I sampled some last night and this bag-seed turns out to be some kind of Lemon Kush or Lemon OG. The high is amazing. Very much head, with limited body effects. The Lemon smell and taste are very powerful. Its sweet and has much citrus flavor and smell to it. Looks like one plant will net well over 2 ounces after dry. I am extremely happy with the outcome of this experiment.
I also have 4 additional plants in flower at this time. 2 seem to be coming up female and two I am still waiting on to show. I have already disposed of two plants in flower that turned out male. I am hopeful that more males dont showup.
All in all, I am extremely happy with results of first time growing my own. I learned soo much in the process and all of you guys and girls have been wonderfully helpful throughout the entire process. Secretly in my head, I want to move to CO and start growing commercially.
I will continue to post pics of the girls as they come to maturity thru harvest so you guys can join me in enjoying the fruits of "our" labor, and I can continue to learn the finer points of the entire process.

Forever Green,
==sec0pz

Subbed for sure! Your ladies are very beautiful. The one in question looks like it has a couple weeks left. Your best bet so you get it right every time is mark a calender. Write out week 1 through week 8 (depending on strain) so you know for sure. It can always get confusing trying to remember when you started and when its time to finish when you smoke a whole lotta pot :)

I'm really liking your set up and ladies. +reps my friend!

Forgot to drop a pics so you can see what I am talkin bout. These are the last pic I took before I started cutting the plant down, and two pics of the buds hanging to dry. I let the buds dry for almost 10 days with a fan on them before I sampled a tiny nug. Since then, I built a dryer out of a tupperware bin and a 110 CFM fan. I put two layers of screen in the dryer and everything that was hanging now fits in the dryer. I am hoping the dryer will cut dry time down to 3 to 5 days. We will see. If anyone is interested, I will post pics of the dryer I built.
Have a "nuggy" day!!!
==sec0pz

DSC01148a.jpg

DSC01149a.jpg

DSC01150a.jpg

yield is 95 grams, trimmed, dried and de-stemmed, in 3 jars. 4x large kola's. Largest kola is 7 grams, small one is 4 grams.
I am extremely happy with outcome of first plant. 10 plants total. 3 turned male, 3x I destroyed, and 3x in flower now(confirmed female).
All plants done under CFL's. Buds are not very tight, but still lovely. Bagseed plant turned out to be a Lemon Kush or Lemon OG. Very fragrant and tasty.

==sec0pz

Very nice sec0pz. Great looking plant and a great harvest of that plant. :goodjob::cheer::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom