First grow! Confused

Chazzilla

Hey all... I'm growing 5 Jack Herer plants and I started all of them in the middle of May outside. Right now, they are getting thick top buds and getting the hairs all over... I'm quite excited, but I am worried I have no clue when the right time to harvest is! Around half of the tips of the hairs are getting that amber/brown color and are starting to curl but not crazy curls. I don't want to get a sleepy stoned harvest and I was wondering what kind of pictures someone might need to give me an estimate of how much longer I have before I should harvest! Let me know!!!

Hey. A pic of the plants and a couple nice clear ones of the main buds would help. A super close up of the resin glands even better if you have the camera for it. Also take a read through this - What are Trichomes? Trichome 101 if you have a 20-60x magnifier you can judge the development quite nicely that way.

Don't use the pistils as an evaluation of when to chop. Only go by the trichomes and overall appearance. Sounds like you want to harvest early so get some magnification quickly for meaningful photos, or just for your own use. Something like the Cozy Mag can work pretty well on a phone.

Back
Top Bottom