First Grow, Indoor Soil LED Bagseed, Purple Kush Or Purple Haze

I threw bag seed from Purple Kush in to germ and had no luck. Purple Kush was the strain I first used to treat my IBS successfully so it has a soft spot for me. Best of luck!

I was really happy with how these germ'd all in all! I could have been more patient initially I'm sure, maybe I'd have had a better result still .. However my small grow space, coupled with the high female to male ratio, in hindsight maybe I should have used half the seeds!

Glad to hear of your positive experiences with the strain DobeWan! Pull up a seat and I'll let you know how these go .

420-magazine-mobile601918234.jpg

Meds for the evening; some Black Domina, a strain having sampled I'll have to look at adding to my collection! Early but short duration couch lock and euphoric to boot .

I threw a dozen bag seeds that looked promising in and had a single one germ, and it died in the solo cup before spreading its cotyledons. I was 4/4 on my bought seed, so if nothing else I'll call it a good learning experience.

PK has helped me a lot for a long time. I hope your experience is as positive.

That Black Domina looks tasty. I'm guessing you and I respond similarly based on what you're going for. I picked LA Confidential for my first grow because a couch lock indica is the #1 cure for my IBS.

Hey there Mrmango, just stopping in to see how things are going and looking back thru the posts I missed. These babies are looking very healthy and you've been doing a great job at training them as well! Keep up the good work over here, I will be back when I see an update :)

Mini (well it was meant to be!) update today ahead of something larger!

Returned from the weekend to find the mosquito dunks a resounding success! Highly impressed by the speed of its efficacy! Other journals had made me worried about the damage fungus gnats might do to the root systems, so felt it best to nip it in the bud early (pun not intended .).

Ladies had a feeding on Monday comprised of: 8ml Rhizotonic (now going to start winding this down), 8ml liquid seaweed, 8ml grow, 4ml bloom, 4ml topmax.
They're definitely getting a whole lot thirstier and starting to put on a stretch.

Tallest 2 girls are covered in preflower and are putting a good stretch on, now at around 14" high. Feel like the ponytails really helped these girls get some light to the lower nodes and catch up with the canopy height.

What I did find after leaving the ponytails on for a few days is the leaves and some of the top growth became quite dry. The leaves felt a little brittle and had noticeable discolouration from the base to the tips. Took a couple of days but they seemed to recover without issue. Also had the bonus effect of causing some of the larger fan leaves stems to twist in growth making it much easier to retain and train them into the plant without having to defoliate them.

Wondering at this point wether in fact I have 2 different strains on the go? So far they've exhibited different characteristics in development while all under the same regimen!

Added some Charge (25ml per) as top feed this morning, as I understand the dunk will have a negative impact on the soil.

Defoliated very mildly earlier in the week and plan to give them a little more this evening while fixing up the LST.

Mondays Canopy Shot
420-magazine-mobile1288714210.jpg

Tuesdays Canopy Shot
420-magazine-mobile1005271734.jpg

Few individuals from Tuesday
420-magazine-mobile1379253999.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2007083258.jpg

420-magazine-mobile977340653.jpg

420-magazine-mobile47728890.jpg

420-magazine-mobile652166537.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1309702764.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1715596194.jpg

420-magazine-mobile240883607.jpg

Thursday Canopy Shot
420-magazine-mobile1828889801.jpg

Couple more from Thursday morning
420-magazine-mobile141739880.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1341169499.jpg

Feeling like I could probably throw the switch now and the ladies on the right would thank me for it. However still waiting for the left side to play catchup. Plants are squat and haven't put on much stretch in comparison to the others, nor do they have preflower to the extent of those on the right.

Yesterday marks 8 weeks since G-Day so will see how they're looking after the weekend before I think about the flip again. Any advice warmly received here!

.MrMango

Looking great mango. Really filling out. Just remember that they might get 2-3 times bigger after you flip. If height is not an issue then it doesn't matter how long you wait to flip. Also heard if you put a half inch of sand in top of soil the gnats cant get in and the babies can't get out so they all die.

Thanks So .

Height/stretch in flower is my main concern ATM as I've only 180cm in the tent to play with, less the space taken by filter and light. Gonna think about really strapping the right sides canopy down later so it's more uniform and a level spread.

As for gnats... another journal here there was a guy plagued by them although he didn't treat them early and ran into problems during flower. I was worried about sand as I'm using smart fabric pots so the likelihood is they'd still get in .. Honesty I don't think I really gave them the time to establish as I only ever found 1 or 2 at a time. A stitch in time saves 9 as they say .

Mini update:

Decided to give them till Monday to show signs of catching up the others ahead of the flip. Had a little LST session earlier and made a good attempt at strapping down the top growth of the two stronger girls so hopefully they respond well!

Also gave them a little feed - 2l over 4 pots.
8ml grow
4ml rhizotonic
4ml bloom
4ml top max
8ml liquid seaweed

From the front:
420-magazine-mobile342431777.jpg

Friday Canopy Shot
420-magazine-mobile771568583.jpg

Have a badass weekend whatever your plans!

.out MrMango

Cheers buddy! The short girls have loads of tops and are really bushy, a lot of internal growth! Just wish they would put on a bit of a stretch. I'm less worried about keeping them vegging for longer now so long as I can keep the big girls in check . while I'm really happy with the way they're going I'd like them to bush out a little more. Wondering wether I should top those two and leave them going another week?

:circle-of-love:nice work,they grow great

Thanks kindly Sarah .

Very happy with results my Mars light is producing .

Quick update:

Tentatively planning to instigate the flip at the end of the week. I'll revisit the idea again in a few days dependant on this weeks growth!

Canopy shots:
420-magazine-mobile460666050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1072905300.jpg

And the most progressed lady, main stem currently around 16"

420-magazine-mobile685295832.jpg
420-magazine-mobile517674359.jpg

MrMango .

Those just keep getting better brother. Keep up the great growing. Definitely think flip is in your future. .

Thanks for your kind words So, thinking dark phase potentially this weekend but let's see what nature has in store. Getting a whole load of new tops and getting more preflowers showing on the shorties so hopefully any day now they'll start to reach .

Have to say the stank coming from the tent is pretty intoxicating! Had some wise words from a friend on this subject: during flower the resin and the smell sticks to everything, so don't go dicking around in there before work; or be sure to take a shower if you do!

Back
Top Bottom