First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

I'd feed it now. And I know you have weird soil with nutes already in it which makes flushing an odd conversation, but as a general rule, never starve your plants. Ever.
Should I do same mix nutes but less water as water will run off sooner or no?
Also not even during last week?

Hey Big daddy?!?

Hey hey, sorry for lack of update guys.
I have been crazy busy between work and planning much needed vacation.
Girls have been good and being fed as regular schedule so there wasn't much to update anyways.
Then this morning! *drums*
I find new pistil growth in the big girl!
Little girl and the big girl has been maturing/fattening up quite well and I thought they are about to be chopped down soon then I saw this.
You can kinda see them in the pics.
They are brand new pistils growing out of the buds. Is this normal? What do I do now?

Sometimes when plants get into late flower they start to send out new pistils and sometimes even new calyxes on the colas (called foxtails). It can be genetic or caused by stress, but I would ignore them. Can you get closeups on your phone so that we can really get a look at the trichomes even without a loupe? It would be helpful.

Since you're looking for couchlock from these buds I'd say you still have some time but you're getting close!

I'm guessing that the crispy leaves are a result of the nutes in the soil and what you're feeding them as well. If you can find some soil without nutrients where you are I really suggest that for your next grow!

Sometimes when plants get into late flower they start to send out new pistils and sometimes even new calyxes on the colas (called foxtails). It can be genetic or caused by stress, but I would ignore them. Can you get closeups on your phone so that we can really get a look at the trichomes even without a loupe? It would be helpful.

Since you're looking for couchlock from these buds I'd say you still have some time but you're getting close!

I'm guessing that the crispy leaves are a result of the nutes in the soil and what you're feeding them as well. If you can find some soil without nutrients where you are I really suggest that for your next grow!

Sorry for the delayed update.
Here are the pics of main colas.
First 2 are the main colas of the bigger PKA and the last 2 are the main colas of the smaller PKA.
I am thinking about chopping later today or tomorrow. What do you think?

Hope your vacation is a dream one :)
A relaxing, doing nothing, type of vacation
I knowwww! I am just hoping for food abd naps. Food and naps, that's what I really want hahahaha

Without trichome pics it's really hard to tell. Why not take a sample from a bottom bud and fast dry it in a toaster oven and see what the effect is? It will taste harsh and green but that's not what you're testing. See if you like the high 15-20 minutes after you smoke it.
That's what I was forgetting! I knew I forgot to tell you something.
I took off couple of popcorn nugs from the bottom on Monday and sampled them yesterday.
They were fantastic! I throughly enjoyed the mellow giddiness.
It was blissful to say the least

Then chop away! And remember, do your research on drying and curing. It can be just as important as growing!

How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

I finally chopped them down last night!
I decided to go with wet trimming vs dry trimming as I figured it would be less messy and I had the time last night.
I am slightly underwhelmed with the yield but it it my first grow as well as they were autos so oh well.
I have been doing some research on how to dry and cure them and will follow the "regular" method per sayyy.

That being said, thank you so much for all of your help guys specially @AngryBird & @InTheShed you guys were a tremendous help! :)

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of closure.
I thought I wrote one but I guess I never hit post.
So the girls finished at about 2.5 ~ 3 oz dry weight (roughly eyeballing, no scale here as I don't need one)
Which I think isn't too bad for first harvest with 2 autos.
I just started a new grow with 4 GrandDaddyPurp, which all of them succesfully germinated via plate and paper towel method; and they are potted in their first pot (they are feminized non-autos so it won't matter with repotting this time)
I will start a new journal with pictures soon to keep y'all updated.
Thank you again for your help with my first grow, I will be asking more advice with my new fem GDPs :p:p

P.s. this is how they looked after being dried and cured

Back
Top Bottom