First Grow - Soil - LED Twin 900 Watt - Raindance Strain Equilibrium Genetics

They better stretch or that screen is gonna be pretty empty way up there :).

They are finally stretching a little. Before they showed sex, the plants were over crowded so I forced flower on thanksgiving. Also my lights were a little too close. Live and learn. Then a light crapped out. Thought I fixed it but to no avail. I disabled the two malfunctioning light clusters and will replace driver when it arrives. The plants are super healthy, at least I got that going for me. I'm defoliating here and there to get light down to lower branches. Also a lot of the lower branches have shot up to the top of the canopies. Lots of knowledge gained on this grow for sure. The flowers are pretty tight and everywhere. If anything I'll use the screen to pull the branches back from the center stalk to get more light down if they don't stretch enough. I'm not going for quantity this time. Just quality. I'm already planning my next grow which will be feminized so I can remove
The sexing variable. The screen is a little higher because I had my head in there.

Have a bud!

420-magazine-mobile582493529.jpg

They are finally stretching a little. Before they showed sex, the plants were over crowded so I forced flower on thanksgiving. Also my lights were a little too close. Live and learn. Then a light crapped out. Thought I fixed it but to no avail. I disabled the two malfunctioning light clusters and will replace driver when it arrives. The plants are super healthy, at least I got that going for me. I'm defoliating here and there to get light down to lower branches. Also a lot of the lower branches have shot up to the top of the canopies. Lots of knowledge gained on this grow for sure. The flowers are pretty tight and everywhere. If anything I'll use the screen to pull the branches back from the center stalk to get more light down if they don't stretch enough. I'm not going for quantity this time. Just quality. I'm already planning my next grow which will be feminized so I can remove
The sexing variable. The screen is a little higher because I had my head in there.

Have a bud!

420-magazine-mobile582493529.jpg
Good to hear your plants are doing good. At least your plants are healthy and you can take what you've learned this grow and you will do even better next grow I bet.✌️

Good to hear your plants are doing good. At least your plants are healthy and you can take what you've learned this grow and you will do even better next grow I bet..✌️

Thanks ecg. Three of plants have shot up a few inches the last few days. I have a couple that are a little short. I'm going to release all the tie downs tonight seeing that the branches are very stiff. But all in all I am happy. One thing I was overlooking was early morning temps, especially between 6am -10 am. It was getting down to the high 50's which slowed them down before I realized over night temps dropped to mid 30s. I run a ceramic heater on the lowest setting and it keeps the low end a little warmer for the roots (68. After 10, the room gets a lot of radiant heat from the windows and temps till 6 pm are mid to upper 60s when lights turn on. Lights on temps are mid 70's

Knock on wood. As long as I'm not fighting rot, fungus, or pests I'll be in good shape. This is the learning grow.

My next grow will be the big yielder I promise. Just dialing it in.

Peace!

Day 56

It's nice to have some worthy shots of buds to measure up to all the grows I'm following. I evened the canopy out a little today. I transplanted the two runts from 3 to 5 gallon felt pots. I simply sliced the felt pot down the sides in 5 spots and peeled it off. I lost one thread of a root. I think they'll survive. We shall see. Think I'll double down on the nutes tomorrow. Gonna go 1/2 strength on everything.

My mini forest.

420-magazine-mobile422454155.jpg

420-magazine-mobile751316524.jpg

Happy day!!!

Day 60

Welp, I've made this far and I figured out why my plants are a bit short on stature. I thought it was just simply that I vegged a bit early. But the stretch was a little sparse due to temps just a hair cooler than optimal. My ceramic heater was cooling off too soon resulting in a few nights that my tent only got to the upper fifties. A day may not have made a difference but 3 or 4 definitely had an impact especially when it was when I switched to flower. Temp controller is on the way. Lesson learned.

I'm gonna try to push them a bit harder on the nutes until they start to show maturity (shed). I can't be too timid with nutes. by until then, I've decided to name them.

The Donnas.

420-magazine-mobile2028948369.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1910121333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile648497818.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1234948558.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1405641955.jpg

Peace

Day 28 flower

Not much new today. I watered the donnas last night. There was some leftover full strength fertilized water from the last watering 3 days ago so I diluted it with 2 gal well water and ph adjusted to 6. Given my plants are a little stunted i could not scrog like I wanted. I tried to find/make something to spread the branches out a bit since the branches are stiff and are vertical. I had some soft nylon cord and some clips where I looped the cord under the growth of the colas and anchored it to the lip around the drip trays. It pulled the branches out a good bit letting more light in. There's not a lot of tension on the cord either. I placed the cord above the horizontal to vertical transition curve of the branch for more leverage. It's the only thing I can do at this point because I don't want to defoliate any more. I poked my head in this morning to see if it harmed the 2 I tied down. It opened one pretty good. Think I'll do the rest tonight at lights on.

420-magazine-mobile1373864174.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1822124390.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1979584159.jpg

420-magazine-mobile479597049.jpg

Wake and bake!

Spreading those outside branches is a great idea. The further out you can tie them the lower you can get them to go!

Yep. Thanks! That's what I was testing last night. I'll be doing the same to the rest of the plants tonight and adjust them daily. I'm gonna squeeze all I can out of these midget indicas. They haven't complained yet.

Peace!

Flower day 29

So I opened up all the plants by tying all the outer branches (colas) to the sides of the pots. It opened them up nicely! I even found some more fan leaves blocking light. Let's see how fat these can get now.

Here they are all tied open. I'm sure there's a term for it. (Sun flowering, booty spokin', ) something I'm sure. The one in the lower middle is from the same vial of seeds. Obviously a different phenotype, visibly different and does not smell anything like the tangerines I smell. More like a dirty sock. It's a little slower on the bud sites, but it's picking up steam now.

420-magazine-mobile560454750.jpg

Look at the glitter!

420-magazine-mobile705789457.jpg

I had another 30 watt blurple led light laying around so I hung it right over the odd plant that is a little behind.

420-magazine-mobile973126193.jpg

Total lighting at the wall. 607 Watts at about 20 inches. They seem to be liking it as the others are starting to bulk up.

Any recommendations?

Peace

Back
Top Bottom