First Grow! Stealth Stereo Cabinet CFL Bagseed Attempt

Unfortunately I just came home after being out all day and the cab wasn't opened properly when the lights came on and the temps were thru the roof. (100+ easily) Xena seems to take heat well but any leafs that had a bit of 'burn' to them before really dried out and were basically crumbling apart so I removed a few of the leaves that 'let go' easily.[/QUOTE]

OUCH! I am glad to hear you have it under control! :popcorn:

Yeah, fortunately Xena is a trooper and I am very lucky to have gotten a heat resistant plant. I think the only reason she suffered some damage was because there was already damage to the leaves and it caused them to be the sacrificial leaves. Overall the stress may help with resin production.

Just a quick update for today, here are a few pics.

side view to show bud length.
P1040687_Medium_.JPG

main cola bud pr0n
P1040699_Medium_.JPG

Still growing taller, waiting for the fattening process. Trichs are all over the place and the smell is incredible. Still feeding just plain water until I see that she needs more nutes. I don't want to burn her again and I think the warm temps haven't been helping much. On that note I have been leaving the cab open whenever I can to keep the temps down as much as possible.

fricking sweet look banzai dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fluroman! I think this is beginning of week 6 or so of flower? The past few days have been a bit rough, I don't have any pictures because I ran out of batteries but I took some today. Yesterday Xena was a bit yellow and I thought maybe the soil I had added when I transplanted ran out of nutes since it has been a month, I added some nutes to the water and then watered away. I am not sure what happened but I am thinking she is burnt or needs nutes, kind of opposite ends of the spectrum. Buds still look spectacular just the fan leaves are poopin out.

I removed most of the really dead leaves, they look burnt but I think it is from the high temps that she is occasionally exposed to. If she has a weak leaf she just sacrifices it and then it gets real dried out. She has all sorts of clawed leaves and brown spots but I guess I will just water with plain drinking water till something gets better or worse...

Here are a few pictures I just snapped...
P1040728_Medium_.JPG

P1040725_Medium_.JPG

here is a new angle i took a picture from showing main cola
P1040730_Medium_.JPG

:roorrip:

can anyone help with what may be wrong with her?

I think you are doing a great job!! Excellent job in keeping them low in the cabinet!! Outstanding. +Reps.

About your leaves. My leaves looked very similar to yours my first grow. This time I added Cal Mag and I did not have the leaf problem

Over the weekend I went out of town and apparently I didn't leave enough ventilation for the cabinet so the temps were way too hot while I was gone. Luckily I watered right before so she was able to keep herself cool for a while. Xena lost some more leaves and a bunch of leaves have brown burnt tips. The biggest issue in this grow has to have been heat and I am thankful to have found a slightly heat resistant plant. I will be reconsidering my approach and maybe build a custom cab from scratch. Still not sure if I will be growing again after this. At least at my own place.

Some good news... I found 11 more seeds in some real nice sativa a friend brought by ... he had a jar full of some real nice homegrown he picked up. I found 2 nugs in his jar that had seeds and kept them. I will be looking into getting a few sprouted soon. It is some excellent smoke so I am way excited!

I will put up a few pictures of Xena later.

Over the weekend I went out of town and apparently I didn't leave enough ventilation for the cabinet so the temps were way too hot while I was gone. Luckily I watered right before so she was able to keep herself cool for a while. Xena lost some more leaves and a bunch of leaves have brown burnt tips. The biggest issue in this grow has to have been heat and I am thankful to have found a slightly heat resistant plant. I will be reconsidering my approach and maybe build a custom cab from scratch. Still not sure if I will be growing again after this. At least at my own place.

Some good news... I found 11 more seeds in some real nice sativa a friend brought by ... he had a jar full of some real nice homegrown he picked up. I found 2 nugs in his jar that had seeds and kept them. I will be looking into getting a few sprouted soon. It is some excellent smoke so I am way excited!

I will put up a few pictures of Xena later.

I am sorry to hear that you are considering quiting growing after this grow. You should keep growing and learn from the downfalls you had on this grow. I think you have done fantastic with all the problems you have had. :goodjob:

I have a cabinet too but now I am only going to use it to start my plants and do cloning. I moved to a tent and am having much much better success with the ventilation and heat. And the tent is fairly secure too.

I want to continue growing but am having a few issues I need to take care of first. I really want to see how these new seeds turn out too. I will probably try to build up a really nice cabinet soon that will hopefully allow me to grow.

Pictures later tonight or tomorrow, I have them just too high/lazy to upload etc. :ganjamon:

Rather than edit I will just make a whole new post. I went ahead and threw quite a few bud pr0n pics in, hope you enjoy! Xena is almost pure bud without all her fan leaves, kinda awesome...

shot from 2 different angles to help show depth and fatness of nugs
P1040785_Medium_.JPG

P1040794_Medium_.JPG

nug pr0nz
P1040791_Medium_.JPG

P1040792_Medium_.JPG

a few shots with my hand lens
P1040777_Medium_.JPG

P1040801_Medium_.JPG

P1040802_Medium_.JPG

P1040798_Medium_.JPG

:yahoo:

Great pics man and gorgeous buds,

Thanks j6s6u6, I really want a new camera with more MP so I can get real nice pictures that show every detail. Here are a few more pictures from today, I moved the fan in the front of the cab up higher by mounting it on the wall. I did this to increase airflow over Xena and attempt to help keep her cool better. Before the fan was below the level of the top of the pot and didn't really do much but circulate air, now it is much more direct over the top of her.

Since I have been feeding with plain water she hasn't shown any more 'nuteburn' but the temps haven't been super high either so I think it was a combination of the two. Xena is looking real good now.

Similar order as last time, here she is with the new fan positioned higher up.
P1040806_Large_.JPG

side cola
P1040812_Large_.JPG

main cola
P1040816_Large_.JPG

top of main cola i believe
P1040814_Large_.JPG

P1040817_Large_.JPG

P1040818_Large_.JPG

trichs seem to be starting to turn milky, still quite a bit of clear still and new bud growth.
P1040819_Large_.JPG

Found a real nice PL-L hood that runs two 55-watt PL-L bulbs for a total of 10,000 lumens @ 110 watts. They run super cool and the hood and bulbs only take up 3 3/4'' of vertical room.

So I plan to get that and then a cabinet from HD or CL and build myself something that won't overheat every time I close the door.

:blunt:

I would have to say the plant is no bigger than 12 inches tall, I will measure tomorrow and put a real length. The biggest bud is probably about 8 inches and I estimate the stem is around 4 inches long, maybe I'm exaggerating... but lights are off now so I will measure tomorrow.

:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom