First Grow! Stealth Stereo Cabinet CFL Bagseed Attempt

Xena's spider mite problem seems to have cleared up 99%. Just looked Xena completely over and only found a few bugs that might have been spider mites. These were dark in color, I smushed 'em. Xena is definitely handling them better than the strawberry plant I had. It is full of webs and I think I am going to just throw it out so I don't get any more infestations. The strawberry plant is outside on my balcony away from Xena right now.

I took one more clone that I am keeping inside the cab for right now, just threw it in some soil and will see if it roots. The smell off of Xena is intense. Very piney with a bit of skunk. How long till I can expect her to be frosty?

I did a flush with a gallon of water today because the runoff had been brown from the new soil. It was almost a disaster, I realized the pot wasn't draining correctly but couldn't really pull the bottom tray off because it was full of water and a huge mess. In the end Xena got a nice soaking and I was able to get the water drained successfully.

She has a few brown spots and a few fan leaves have been dying off. I will take some pictures and upload them later if anyone may know what it is. Also one leaflet on one side of some of the buds has curled. Possibly from nuteburn?

Clone I took yesterday is doing well. How far into flowering does a clone have to be taken for it to supercrop itself after it reverts back to veg?

I have been smoking Shoreline and OG XX recently. Both excellent, the Shoreline is a great sativa high. No munchies and awesome head high. The OG XX is the total opposite, great stoned feeling and makes for a good bedtime smoke.

hi cant wait to see final outcome

just joined ............ what a website!!!!

1 question i keep seeing y shaped slitters for you cfl's
what a great idea
in uk they dont make them or sell them

any idea's how i can get my hands onthem tried ebay.com
nobody delivers them to uk :(

good luck with the grow!!!

hi cant wait to see final outcome

just joined ............ what a website!!!!

1 question i keep seeing y shaped splitters for you cfl's (Dual Bulb Socket thingy's)

what a great idea
in uk they dont make them or sell them

any idea's how i can get my hands on them
tried ebay.com
nobody delivers them to uk :(

good luck with the grow!!!

ukfarmer:bong:

Welcome to my grow ukfarmer! I wish I knew of a website that shipped those offhand, there has to be one somewhere!

Haha I love this OG Kush too! I just smoked some out of my bong since my throat has been bugging me and I have felt a bit sick. Will put up a few pictures of the bud up in a few. Too high to mess with uploading :cool:

Okay, day 14 or so of 12/12 and things are lookin great!

I officially haven't seen a spider mite for 3 days. It must have been caused by that stupid strawberry plant since it seems to be covered with them still.

Pistils are getting longer and more and more keep shooting out. I enjoy watching the growth progression of the buds.

Pictures in a bit!

Sorry about taking so long but I have been feeling bleh all day :(

I did upload a few pictures, Xena has had some leaf curling but I think it is under control for now. Will watch her closely though.

Here is a picture of the different types of bud I have. (purple urkle, OG XX, Shoreline, and some Snowcap X Trainwreck.
P1040369_Medium_.JPG

Upclose of Shoreline
P1040373_Medium_.JPG

Group shot of buds.
P1040349_Medium_.JPG

Lights off.
P1040331_Medium_.JPG

Weird shot with flash and my camera shudder not fully open.
P1040329_Medium_.JPG

A shot of the spot where I supercropped Xena. there is an actual hole through her stem and it rebuilt 2x as thick.
P1040305_Medium_.JPG

Top shot.
P1040306_Medium_.JPG

Little bid of bud pr0n
P1040311_Medium_.JPG

P1040312_Medium_.JPG

4:20 am and I guess I will do a quick update.

Xena is looking good and bad, her buds look amazing but some of her older leaves are starting to get brown spots and turns yellow and eventually will become crispy. I figure it is either Mg deficiency or Nute burn, I flushed her real well this morning and I have given her some Epsom Salt recently so hopefully she will improve. If anyone has seen this before or has a remedy please let me know, I don't want to end up with a low yield because of persistent problems.

Here are a few pictures of what the leaves look like:

this is what it looks like early on, the yellow spot in the first two is from a light burn and not the current problem.
P1040556_Medium_.JPG

P1040551_Medium_.JPG

P1040550_Medium_.JPG

P1040555_Medium_.JPG

P1040554_Medium_.JPG

P1040558_Medium_.JPG

and a few pics of the buds, starting to get some crystals going mmmm :)
P1040549_Medium_.JPG

P1040540_Medium_.JPG

P1040531_Medium_.JPG

Peace :peace::ganjamon:

I believe the spots have stopped their progression after a few waterings with plain h20. A little worse looking for the wear but still looking great. The buds are getting frosty and I can't even imagine what it will look like in a month+. Will throw up some pictures soon.

I bumped a branch today and WOW the smell, I think I am going to order a jar of Ona unless I can get my carbon filter back in commission. I took it out whenever I moved over the summer and haven't put it back into use since I have had passive exhaust and intake since then. There are so many trichs in some spots it looks pure white in the light.

I have been battling problems with nute burn / deficiencies and finally think I have it hammered down. The last of the larger fan leaves are burned up and fell off but Xena has been throwing out new leaves like crazy and all the new growth looks better. I am feeding just straight purified water at the moment and the buds continue to grow and look delicious. She smells more and more each day, but not an overpowering stank.

If anyone is still lurking around let me know you're still alive!

Here are a few pics, first is a shot of multiple buds and then a few close-ups.

P1040655_Medium_.JPG

P1040649_Medium_.JPG

P1040652_Medium_.JPG

:peacetwo:

I am still hear!

Great pictures!!! Those buds are really looking sweet!!! How far along into 12/12 are you?:thumb:

Glad you're still around, Acer!

I am not 100% sure of exactly what day I switched her but it should be right around 4 weeks in. So another 3-8 weeks lol... Although I doubt it will take that long. I plan to look for when the buds fatten up and then use the trichs to judge harvest time since that seems to be the norm.

I am really surprised at how good these buds look for my first grow and all the problems I have run into. I have picked up so many things along the way and will apply it to the next grow.

I am not 100% sure of exactly what day I switched her but it should be right around 4 weeks in. So another 3-8 weeks lol... Although I doubt it will take that long. I plan to look for when the buds fatten up and then use the trichs to judge harvest time since that seems to be the norm.

Calculating the harvest date after measuring the stretch period of flowering works - but you'd have to remember when you changed your lighting schedule to flowering (and also the number of days of the stretch).

Glad you're still around, Acer!

I am really surprised at how good these buds look for my first grow and all the problems I have run into. I have picked up so many things along the way and will apply it to the next grow.

I think you are doing great your first grow!!! You are doing way way better than I did.. :goodjob:

TorturedSoul, I don't know exactly how long the stretch was because I LST'd her right at the beginning of flowering which seemed to work well for my cab since when she stretched it basically leveled out her canopy perfectly. I still have 3-4 inches of room I could work with.

Thanks Acer, I just can't wait to see how it turns out in the end! Also very excited to try round 2 with all the tweaks and problem prevention I have learned the hard way :)

Unfortunately I just came home after being out all day and the cab wasn't opened properly when the lights came on and the temps were thru the roof. (100+ easily) Xena seems to take heat well but any leafs that had a bit of 'burn' to them before really dried out and were basically crumbling apart so I removed a few of the leaves that 'let go' easily.

Back
Top Bottom