First Grow - White Dwarf Feminised Autoflowering

Ganglion

Hallo!

This is my first ever grow so I thought I'd make a diary as I will inevitabily need advice along the way. I'm growing Feminised, Autoflowering White Dwarf.

I'm growing in a wooden box approximately 30x20x50cm with a 125 watt dual spectrum CFL. I'm at some point in the near future going to get a fan (probably from a computer).

So far all i have done is propergated using papaer towels and put the seed in the soil. I'm watering with rain water (please say if this is a bad idea).

I'll update as soon as anything happens.

Wish me luck!

Thanks.

IMAG0289.JPG

P.S. the plant is called Rita.

Yeap, shes startin to pop. Nope, I don't have a grow journal going yet here. I do have a journal, just not at this site.
My Fem seeds ain't come in yet, but once they do, and I start them, then I will start my journal. I do have 2 plants going in soil, but I don't know what they are. Just started them out as a test and I will transplant them outside once it gets warm enough. :)
Here is what they look like.
plt1.png

plt2.png

This is the box I am growing them in.

100_1888.png

100_1887.png

Now the box is completely enclosed with 2 42watt 200 cfls. I have a computer fan, (actually its a server fan) on the side and it is blowing in all the time. At the bottom there are 3 holes, one for exhaust, 2 or where 1/2 pvc goes above a tub where the plants are at in the bottom of the box inside the tub. This setup is for a ebb and flow system. But I am seriously thinking of changing it to a bubblephoincs.
OH and I got another little one going. lol Can you tell the difference of the pot plant and the tomato plants.

canyouguess.png

Chat at you later.

That's a pretty nice setup, I'm going for a similar size box to that for my next grow or if I can get it together the end of this grow too. I'll definately follow you when your fem seeds arrive.

Does the server fan plug straight into mains and do you know the lumen output of those bulbs? I'm probably gonna change my lighting for my next grow too...

Cheers! :Rasta:

P.S. The tomatos are lookin' good. You gonna keep them? I'm throwing some tobacco plants in with mine in a bit and then planting them outside.

Yep, the server fan can be wired straight to 110. That is the main reason I use them. I am going to wire another one more on it because I have found it does get a little warm in there.

I have been told I need to add a light or 2. Rule of thumb is 50 watts psf or 3000 to 5000 lumens . My box is 18"x"18" witch is 2.25 sq ft. The 42 watts cfl put out 2800 lumens. This gives me 84watts/2.25psf = 37.3 watts psf or 5600lumens/2.25psf = 2488.8 lumens psf. So I am going to get at least another light in there to pick that up. I was thinking of getting 1 LED light in there with the Red and Blue spectrum because I was told plants thieve on that for Photosynthesis.

Yes, I will separate the tomatoes and the pot plant out putting them in there own little container. 3 or 4 of the tomato plants be setup for hanging plants and the rest will be put out in the garden. The little pot plant will probable end up out in the corn field patch that I have set aside with the other 2 when spring comes around.

I got a question for you, How big are these little Dwarfs going to get? Whats the yield on it?

I got a question for you, How big are these little Dwarfs going to get? Whats the yield on it?

From what I can gather from other grow journals they grow around 12-14 inches and yield around half an ounce each.

I think my light emmits 7500 lumens and its dual spectrum and I plan to LST and possibly top because i want maximum possible yield, but I guess we'll just have to see!

I think I'm gonna have to gather £16 for a mains powered computer fan I just found on ebay... But for now it'll just have to be cooled by the power of fresh air!!

:Rasta:

Hallo!

This is my first ever grow so I thought I'd make a diary as I will inevitabily need advice along the way. I'm growing Feminised, Autoflowering White Dwarf.

I'm growing in a wooden box approximately 30x20x50cm with a 125 watt dual spectrum CFL. I'm at some point in the near future going to get a fan (probably from a computer).

So far all i have done is propergated using papaer towels and put the seed in the soil. I'm watering with rain water (please say if this is a bad idea).

I'll update as soon as anything happens.

Wish me luck!

Thanks.

P.S. the plant is called Rita.

Rain water is considered "soft" water. Void of the chemicals found in treated water. It's also highly oxygenated and normally of a neutral PH. Plants love it.
I'm gonna grab a seat early. Good Luck my lowryder AF 15" 6 weeks
P2260826a.jpg

Rain water is considered "soft" water. Void of the chemicals found in treated water. It's also highly oxygenated and normally of a neutral PH. Plants love it.
I'm gonna grab a seat early. Good Luck my lowryder AF 15" 6 weeks

Great to hear that rainwater is good; I've got LOADS of it... as anyone in Britain might.. :thumb:

Lookin' like a pretty healthy plant, I just love how fast autoflowering strains grow. :yummy: Although, I hope mine doesn't grow more than 12" or she may not have room!

:thanks: for joining. :rollit:

Also, any one have an opinion as to when I should repot and start nutes. I know it's a while from now but I wanna plan stuff in my phone calender so I don't forget... and because I pracicaly can't sleep with excitment...

:) :Rasta:

Also, any one have an opinion as to when I should repot and start nutes. I know it's a while from now but I wanna plan stuff in my phone calender so I don't forget... and because I pracicaly can't sleep with excitment...

I don't know about that strain, might want to do a search on that.
You leaving your light on 24 hours a day???

Day 8.

For now Rita is on my windowsill, or else my parents will see the CFL at night. When I get a new cupboard (it's in the post) i will go back to the CFL.

The plant's doing fine, so apart from being found all is cool. :thumb:

I started on half strength nutes yestarday, but I don't have proper nutes yet, so it's 4-4-8 tomato fertiliser for now :S. I'll get somthing proper in the week!

Here she is on my windowsill (poor quality, I'm sorry):

Day_81.JPG

Thanks!

:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom