First Indoor Grow - DS60 Tent - Mazar x White Rhino & Two Dwarfs - 7 Dwarfs - Soil

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

Great point Radogast. I actually do know of one person with a vape.

It's out of my hands today anyway, my daughter was sent home from school sick so she is probably not going into school tomorrow either so she will be with me all day today tomorrow and maybe even Friday so will probably move the harvest til Monday.

Maybe it worked out as it should.

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

No real news to report other than I have ordered some Cal/Mag as it seems I have a textbook deficiency and it's very common when using high ph water.

Maizie's buds are finally starting to bulk up a bit, still not getting hopes up but really do hope she explodes when she is treated with the calmag. All those yellow leaves are disturbing me.

Dwarfs will most probably be harvested tomorrow, so not long now until I have some meds woohoo.

Only very few ambers but they have gone nearly 2 weeks over what the seedbank recommends and just about all trichs are cloudy. Goliath is still foxtailing, anyone recon I should leave them a few more days? Will post pics first thing tomorrow.

Re: First Indoor Grow - DS60 Tent - Mazar x White Rhino & Two Dwarfs - 7 Dwarfs - Soi

Sorry guys, this journal is still going, will upload pics tomorrow.

Basically been suffering from (literally) crippling sciatica so havent been able to upload pic and update from the main computer.

I have harvested all of the plants. Titan the runt made about 10 grams, Goliath was between 15 and 20 grams and Mazar X White Rhino gave me two ounces of pretty decent bud so I am super chuffed with that return.

Titan was quite a mild smoke but lets face it she did not grow under the best conditions. Also I made iso oil from her before she was cured properly. The oil was very sedating and was fantastic for pain relief. Smoked a bud and it's very heavy thinking bud while at the same time very relaxing.

I experienced her in her glory by double dosing some oil and what a fantastically couch locking, blissfull and calming strain. Would give her a 5/10 mainly because she was not able to thrive.

Goliath well that is another story, cured the buds for 3 weeks before I had to make oil for pain relief and this was an awesome plant, loved it. Smoked bud was completely relaxing while still functional, but had a very soothing and calming effect.Recon it would be great for anxiety but for me the pain relief from this was where it shone.

Smoking she had a bit of a spicy and earthy taste with a touch of citrus. Great high, great creeper effect and just so calm like taking a couple mild tranquilisers. As for the oil version it virtually killed the pain and completely relaxed my body, it was fully functional but made me take life just 2 steps slower. The funny thing about that is I actually got more done slowing down a bit.

I am a bit biased because this plant got me through hell. Basically I was maxed out on tramedol and high strength codiene as well as diazapam and they took away at most 30-50% of the pain. This oil took away 80% of the pain.

Double dose of oil one night got me very comfortably numb. It really was like taking a sedative without taking anything away from mental capabilities. great daytime strain I recon. Would give it a 7/10.

As for my beloved Maizie, well I would prefer not to comment yet until she has been given a proper cure. Right now she smells very citrusy and I did sample a bud and found that instead of being the knockout indica that puts you to sleep, it did the opposite, it kept me awake with amazing thoughts for a couple hours longer than I hoped. You know that epiphany type of stoned where you figure your life out and have realisations about things you never really noticed before. Lovely just hope she does get a bit sedating as the cure goes on as this was my night time meds.

I will keep a couple buds back and then use the rest for oil too. This oil has seen me through hell and I am so grateful to all of my plants for it. Next run I want to do some day time meds and am looking at a few sativas and want to get a 12/12 from seed regimen dialled in so I can just supply myself as I need it.

After nearly a month of taking it as an oil, my spasms around my sciatic nerve have all stopped, inflammation is way down, my sense of well being is up, considering I have been unable to work for the last 11 or so weeks and I am self employed I was battling so badly with not being able to do anything. The oil allowed me freedom of movement and I was able to get basic things done.

What an ordeal but have to say can't recommend cannabis oil enough for optimum health. Sleeping meds, painkillers, anti inflammatory drugs, anxiety drugs all about to be thrown in the bin. Perfect meds for any medicine cabinet.

Re: First Indoor Grow - DS60 Tent - Mazar x White Rhino & Two Dwarfs - 7 Dwarfs - Soi

nice

Here are a few pics of the last days, chop and trim.

DSCN48432.JPG

DSCN48441.JPG

DSCN48452.JPG

DSCN48463.JPG

DSCN48472.JPG

DSCN48493.JPG

DSCN48503.JPG

DSCN48511.JPG

DSCN48521.JPG

DSCN48531.JPG

DSCN48543.JPG

DSCN48552.JPG

DSCN48562.JPG

DSCN48572.JPG

DSCN4858.JPG

DSCN48602.JPG

DSCN48611.JPG

DSCN48621.JPG

DSCN48631.JPG

DSCN48641.JPG

DSCN48651.JPG

DSCN48661.JPG

DSCN4867.JPG

DSCN4868.JPG

DSCN4869.JPG

DSCN48701.JPG

DSCN48711.JPG

DSCN4872.JPG

DSCN48731.JPG

DSCN48742.JPG

DSCN48751.JPG

DSCN48761.JPG

DSCN48771.JPG

DSCN48781.JPG

DSCN48792.JPG

DSCN48802.JPG

Goliath sounds very impressive. How many days total did it take for Goliath, seed to harvest?

Hey Radogast

I can't remember exactly but I think she was done at around day 70 maybe even a bit before if you were in a hurry. I let her go for a few more days.

I am really sorry about how this journal turned out. I really wanted to keep on top of this and document it far better than I have managed to but hey ho, it was circumstancial.

For my next grow I will be looking to dial in a 12/12 schedule from seed. I really wanted to try Light Addicts flux method but I think I need a bit more variety and 12/12 seems the best solution for my needs right now.

It's primarily for medicinal purposes but of course recreational use is a by-product of that anyway so lets just say both.

I want to take oil daily considering what it has done for me in just over a month. No more muscle spasms, sciatic nerve seems to be setting back into place, insomnia virtually cured. No panic attacks, almost no more pain, more optimistic outlook, tired all the time syndrome just about gone, pressure on the head (depression related) not nearly as severe,clearer head, more energy, mrs Dabs blood pressure slowly coming down. Thats off the top of my head, what more could I ask for.

So for my next run I am looking at the following (all from Royal Queen Seeds)

Power flower - an 88% sativa hybrid created from South African landrace strains.

I plan on mixing this with oil made from a very high cbd plant which will be grown from RQS's medical mix.

Northern lights for night time meds

Special Kush which I think is a variation of OG Kush which was recommended to me by Motoco as a good medicinal strain.

Special Queen - this is just because it's cheap.

This will then give me 5 free seeds which should be fun, love a bit of a gamble.

Also I have one dwarf, it's Gigantes and I also have one more Mazar x WR seed left.

I will follow this up with a smoke report from the Mazar once it's properly cured.

These plants got me through some hard times, and I am so grateful to have had support from some of you legends in here, really worked out well and I got much more than I had hoped for, about 80 grams in total. I will also let you know how Mazar X WR turns out in oil form.

Thanks again to all those who helped.

Never mind the limited amount of updates you did. This Journal was short & sweet. I was able to witness your whole first indoor grow in less than a 1/2 hour & enjoyed every minute of it. Make sure you post an invite to your next run on my thread 2.0
Congrats on your harvest Jack...

Thanks Reg

Been following your journals and love your work. really glad you enjoyed it, it was such a pleasure to grow my own. Loved it even with all the problems which I learned plenty from.

Next time, gotta get the PH right from the start and go waaay easier on the defol I think. Heat is a major problem for me in that tent so must get that sorted soon too. 12th August the farm re-opens will def send you an invite.

What I can say so far is that from trying Maizie, she is one hell of a plant.

Granted I am a lightweight but considering this is before curing I can safely say she is very strong. Seriously compact buds.

I will post a smoke report after a full cure but when myself and Mrs Dabs tried it, we were impressed, very musky citrisy taste and has a bite on the throat. Definitely makes you cough if you take deep drags. Smoke is relatively smooth on inhale but just catches you at the end of exhale.

Effect is very fast hitting with a very relaxing stone, can watch tv without getting distracted and feel a major body stone with a very pleasant head high. Trouble is staying awake is pretty tough. Usually MJ keeps me awake but not this. I can stay awake at a stretch but this is night night meds for sure. Seems even a bit of a cure helped with this cause the first time I smoked it, it kept me awake.

I made some RSO oil with the popcorn and medium sized buds and Holy Moses it saw myself and Mrs Dabs looking at each other after one hour going whooaaa, we better get bathed and get everything done so we can just chill in bed. Even after an hour we were pretty useless wheras with the oi it usually takes 2 hours to really hit you. After two hours we were pretty catatonic. Mrs Dabs was quieter than usual, all OK your side I ask her? I get whoaaa Maizie is a nasty bitch in reply. Haha she means that in the nicest way possible. It starts with a very unusual euphoria that comes in waves around the neck and shoulder area (wierd I know) and then moves to a complete body relaxation with a spacy but coherant head buzz. While listening to music (headphones always best) I felt my body go completely (comfortably) numb. Great for sleep and meditation or music. It did wear off quicker than I thought it would but just kinda tapers off gently and makes it almost impossible not to sleep. Definitely not daytime meds. I am hoping it will last a little longer after a proper cure.

Considering that oil was made from one week cured popcorn and small buds, it is an impressive plant for sure. I am very pleased with the results. My only complaint is that it does not seem to be as effective a painkiller as what Goliath was. I am actually tempted to contact 7 Dwarfs seed co and tell them they should add that to the description.

I would love to see what some of the guys on here could do with this plant because what I managed to achieve after putting her through massive stresses was impressive, imagine what some better growers could do.

Ok so I have a well cured description of Maizie now and then this journal can be closed.

It has a very citrus smell. Almost smells like fanta orange with a hint of musky mint.

Smoke is pretty smooth on inhale but holding it for too long results in some coughing. The buzz seems to come on a bit slower after a good cure and is very gentle until you realise how high you are and wonder when that happened. It's very mellow and has some euphoria. It's a little mind numbing which is unusual for me becaus normally my mind races.

Still a great night time smoke. Its a really nice balance between head and body but the body buzz seems to be a bit too dominant for my liking. It's not that I don't like that, just more a case of I think I would get bored of it pretty fast. The reason I wanted a body dominant strain is for pain and unfortunately that is where she fails for me. If you want to chill and watch tv or listen to music it's great but I do like herb that makes you a bit chatty and this is more of a sedative /narcotic effect.

It still seems to end abruptly after about 2 hours and that seems to lead to a crash rather than tapering off and leaving you a bit sleepy.

All in all, she was the biggest producer and is really nice but out of the grow, Goliath was by far my fave. Amazing painkiller, intense body stone and an active but totally calm head high. Love it!!! One of my all time best smokes but bear in mind that could be a bit misleading for some because it is such a great pain killer I could not help but love her.

I have one more Mazar X WR seed and I doubt I will grow it out anytime soon. Have too many other beans I would rather try.

I have started my next grow but my back is really killing me so only using the computer for work for now. I will probably do a very abbreviated journal.

They sprouted around the 18th of August and are all seeds from Royal Queen Seeds. I have 4 on the go,

2x flower power (mix of south African landrace sativas)
1x Fruit Spirit (WW x Blueberry)
1x Northen Lights (100% indica)

They have all been started in 6l airpots at 12/12 from seed.
Two of them are only a few inches high and
already flowering so this will be an interesting experiment. I would really love to get 12/12 dialled in but we will see in due course if it's worth it.

I have quite a stock of seeds now, so it would be great for variety unti I can figure out which strains work best for our medical and recreational needs and then I can run those strains more often. Less plants (probably 2) with a veg period.

Thanks to all of you who followed and gave me some much needed advice and support. I really appreciate it.

Please could the mods add this journal to completed.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom