First Indoor Grow - DS60 Tent - Mazar x White Rhino & Two Dwarfs - 7 Dwarfs - Soil

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

Thanks Radogast, I must say I am quite pleased so far but I really do think the ph is slowing growth.

Maybe I am wrong but it seems it has gone through stages of rapid growth and then standstill with loads of yellowing leaves all at once.

This happened in late veg too just not as much.

Plus with this being a first grow I have decided to just confront problems as they occur and try and resolve them for some experience in the bank to call on in the future.

I will do some more homework tonight but hopefully it's as simple as just adding some more ph down and maybe some growers with experience of this problem will chime in.

I have read a bit about bud washing but tbh never even considered it. Thanks for the link I will look into it. I am growing to make iso oil so I would imagine it may not be a bad idea. You may have bud envy but I have grow room envy. Really like your set up.

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

I also forgot to mention that on Goliath I tried Light Addicts bud back building technique. What a simple way to increase yield and I am pretty convinced it works.

That cola is so dense and square. If you look at the last pic I posted you can sort of see how it's actually growing out the far side of the bud like a beak.

I will add a pic from that angle next time. Thanks LA for a really nifty trick.

Ok just read up and here, subbed :) firstly PH down lol. I need to get some at some point ! Yet I use lemon juice and have forever. (Im normally soil) although Ive been informed it works well with hydro. Not massive savings as ph up and down aint really expensive yet helps my budget. which Iis non existant!
As for filling screen, wish I was here earlier for defol tech in veg period. Yet as said before by others, your showing quick adaptation to new info :) Bravo!
Now also Id like to thank you for your kind post on my thread and your shout out about back building! :) :) :)

Now to answer your question :) another week easily before BB on the photo girl !
Also defol would have been a good tool here. Yet your to yellow in leaf colour at present. The shade your at suggests a time likeness to a week before flush period roughly. So feeding full dose is all good! :)

If your not a defol fan or unsure, check Bassmans past jjournals out! His last was scrapped, yet he is a legend and gave solid info on subject. (A must read for growers to form their own styles :) )

Cool first grow, Jack! I'm subbed for the rest of it! :morenutes:

Thanks Grayhawk and Magic great to have you along.

LA thanks so much for the advice, really came at a good time, will do one more full dose of nutes (currently doing every other feed) and then just keep up with the water, glad you caught me from flushing and cutting early.

So I will hold off on the BB for now, I thought it seemed a little early and from doing it on Goliath I think I have a good idea as to when to do it. It's so simple it almost feels like cheating. :bravo:

As for defol, I have already seen some great examples of how effective it is (especially from your efforts) but will definitely do some reading and check out Bassmans journals. Just don't really know what I am doing so will have to do some more homework tonight but am totally open to the idea. :thanks:

Those plants are looking pretty sweet, count me in!

Good luck with your plants mate ;)

LA, I did a pretty heavy defol, did some reading that you recommended and the timing seemed about right so was pretty ruthless. Took off just about every fan leaf apart from the ones at the tops of each bud.

I will add some pics tomorrow or later tonight if I get a chance, busy backing up my hard drive atm. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Here are some defol pics, also added a pic of Titan and a full pic of Goliath.

Titan:

DSCN48223.JPG

Goliath:

DSCN48211.JPG

Defol:

DSCN48161.JPG

DSCN48171.JPG

DSCN48182.JPG

DSCN48191.JPG

DSCN48201.JPG

DSCN48232.JPG

phew had me worried for a second there. Seemed the consensus was to do it 21 days into flower, I am at day 29 I think so missed the boat a bit, but figured I should not wait any longer if I was gonna do it.

Don't think your info was misleading just hope I didn't misunderstand,

I understood your previous post as Goliath the dwarf was about a week from flush so I gave the dwarfs one last full strength nutes and will flush from end of the week with a view to harvesting by the end of next week (for Goliath-the big auto,) and maybe a week after that for the runt.

The main photo girl still has a while to go. I can let her run to the end of July at the very latest.

Thanks mate really appreciate the tips.

Without going overboard I am keen to try new things, so for one indoor grow I now have some experience in:

Auto's
Photo's
Scrog
GLR
High PH :bitingnails:
Defol

So unless I do something really critically stupid, I am happy to experiment on this grow. If I get an ounce out I will be happy.

Pretty sold on your flux method next. So I do actually have a question for you there, I have quite a deep rectangle container which looks like it would be perfect to get some length on the main flux arms. Question is do you think a flux would work well if I used that container as a big ass hempy bucket (another thing I am very keen to try) :hookah:

Quick question that hopefully one of you guys can help with. My neighbors have gone away on holiday for the next couple of weeks so I am able to take the pot with the dwarfs in and let them finish on my balcony.

Is it a good idea to let them finish up in sunlight? I am also considering taking them out so that I can flush properly on Goliath. I don't have any drainage holes at the bottom of the pot but it does have a built in res which I would imagine is not great for this stage.

Another thing is my light schedule is on at night so no matter when I take them out they will eaither get 24 hours of light or darkness. I obviously don't want to stress them too much at this stage but think I really need to drill some drainage holes either way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Quick question that hopefully one of you guys can help with. My neighbors have gone away on holiday for the next couple of weeks so I am able to take the pot with the dwarfs in and let them finish on my balcony.

Is it a good idea to let them finish up in sunlight? I am also considering taking them out so that I can flush properly on Goliath. I don't have any drainage holes at the bottom of the pot but it does have a built in res which I would imagine is not great for this stage.

Another thing is my light schedule is on at night so no matter when I take them out they will eaither get 24 hours of light or darkness. I obviously don't want to stress them too much at this stage but think I really need to drill some drainage holes either way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'll let experts answer.

What direction is your balcony?

It's it shaded?

For flush, I would insert a tube (pvc) to the bottom of the pits and tip to drain.

Great tip for the flush Radogast, will put on my Mcgyver hat tomorrow.

The balcony gets sun pretty much the whole day but overcast forecast for tomorrow if that helps her adapt to real light. Also I work from home so I can move them into the sun/shade as needed. If I can get them outside the flush would become much easier.

I am keen to get Goliath flushed asap, leaves are yellowing at a rapid rate and not just the fans, sugar leaves too. The little one I am not sure what to do with atm but not too concerned about her. Hardly any meat on that girl's bones.

So I decided that I am just going to leave the dwarfs in the tent to finish but I did have to take them out in order to do a decent flush.

Took a couple of pics and in proper light you can kinda see the blue colour of them but not quite as much as in real life.

Dwarfs day 66:

DSCN4829.JPG

DSCN48261.JPG

DSCN48251.JPG

DSCN48241.JPG

DSCN48273.JPG

Those are some nice dwarfs!! wish i tried a dwarf strain -.- But keep it up ;)

It looks like the Dwarfs are fun little plants. Probably, not moving them outside is the right decision. It looks like they are getting close!

Hey buddy, to answer your question on rectangle boxes, check out OZ brit with a twists journal out. It should be in the incomplete journals section. He was my first big convert to fluxing and used big rectangular boxes to great success! His journal is packed with great info as he was a first time grower, so a hugely steap learning curve!!

Back
Top Bottom