First Indoor Grow - DS60 Tent - Mazar x White Rhino & Two Dwarfs - 7 Dwarfs - Soil

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

Thanks guys, they have been quite fun to grow out. Love the blue color. Wish it came out better on the pics, it's really beautiful.

Don't know if I would grow them again considering they count as a plant (legally) and not much on them. Hoping to get 10 grams off them to make a gram of oil for meds which will see me through til Maizie comes good. Been on heavy painkillers the last 2 days again and feel like a zombie. My face even broke out in a rash so the sooner I can get off chemical meds the better. I am far too young for all this shit. Anyway sorry rant over.

Awesome LA thanks for the recommended reading will do that tonight. I think I am going to hold off on the flux til grow no 3. Given it a lot of thought and am pretty keen to get quick grow done next. Maizie should in theory be knockout meds so that solves night time but keen to get a very high cbd strain for daytime meds.
Thoughts are on Euphoria by Royal Queen Seeds although they have a few cbd strains that look good so may try a combo. So the plan is either 3 of those done in hempys on 12/12 from seed to cut down on grow time or the Medi Gom (x3) autoflowering, think it's done by grass o matic.

That should give me some experience with hempy and then after that it's a hempy flux :circle-of-love: Should be a really cool project. Thanks again for looking and helping guys. Hope you all get the buds you deserve.

Re: First Indoor Grow (DS60 Tent) Mazar x White Rhino and Two Dwarfs (7 Dwarfs) - Soi

Sad it produces so little.. I'm currently looking for a new strain that produces a lot and good taste any ideas??

But can't you train them to get bigger yields?

I doubt you could do any training with them tbh. Started flowering at about 2 weeks. Site says you can get 30 odd grams off them if you grow them well. Mine didn't have ideal conditions so it's probably true but I don't have much experience with weights when growing so I am not even sure what I will get off them as a guess. Only ever done outdoor grows with massive yields and never bothered weighing back then. It seemed pointless, when the cost was zero and all we knew was we had a shit load.

Will share a story of our best grow. I call it a grow but it was way more arse than class. We were teenagers at the time living in South Africa and we found a massive field. One one side was a large section of bamboo probably about 8 foot high and probably about the size of a tennis court. We had just got one of our biggest scores what we used to call an arm. Quite literally because it was the length of your arm and was just buds rolled in newspaper. Was really good Durban Poison but was not grown very well and had quite a few seeds.

Anyway we made a clearing in the bamboo and built ourselves a little hot box. We went there to toke and sat one afternoon and just cleaned all the buds and literally just tossed the seeds everywhere. We came back few times because well this was our new smoking spot. Then one day to our horror someone burned the whole thing down to the ground (along with our crude hotbox). The soil was obviously pitch black but the burned bamboo must have provided serious nutrients because I have never seen any plants grow that fast. :morenutes:

So a few days later we went back and noticed dozens of little seedlings. Woohoo, this was awesome. So the plants started growing exceptionally fast. It was quite a windy spot so the stalks were already getting thick. By this stage the bamboo shoots were starting to grow back and the race for light was on. Our plants literally kept up with the bamboo for a long time. Obviously we had weeded out all the males by now and probably had about 20 girls in there.:green_heart:

Eventually the bamboo overtook our plants and started shading them somewhat. We now had the best spot to go and smoke, nobody could see us but we were sitting amongst our plants blazing everyday watching this awesome display of survival in nature unfold. There is about 14 hours of sunlight a day and most of the day it was shaded by the bamboo but a few hours either side of midday they must have got loads of direct sun from above and it was a stinking hot summer. Nobody could see us but sure as hell they must have smelt us and our plants but they were so well hidden in the bamboo that unless you literally followed your nose right in there you could not see a thing. Our entrance was round the back and hard to get to and the bamboo on the exposed side was thick.

By the end of it we had buds drooping on the floor that were longer than our arms and so sticky. We had so much pot we really did not know what to do with it all. We would carry out backpacks filled with herb every day and we stoned all the time. I was a lightweight before that summer. After that I could smoke with the best of them (wish I still could). We made hash, edibles, supplied our friends, had more than we could smoke and it just kept on coming. What a summer!!! Unfortunately the land was bought the following year and they starting building on it but man it was great while it lasted. :lot-o-toke:

Sad it produces so little.. I'm currently looking for a new strain that produces a lot and good taste any ideas??

This is my first indoor grow so not too clued up on strains (yet). As I said I know African sativas really well Malawi, Swazi (an old fave) DP, Transkei, Rooibaard (red beard translation). Other than that we only used to get the odd northern lights and Skunk. Occasionally a few hybrid strains and very rarely indica doms.

Lately just been supplied with UK Cheese which is nice and a haze strain which really makes me paranoid. Still have some but am literally scared to smoke it haha.

Best bet would be to go to Herbies and use the filters for large yielding strains and see what appeals to you. I will let you know how the Mazar x WR turns out (smoke wise) and if I come across anything or hear of anything good I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks Rado

That summer may have been a haze but that grow was so memorable I could never forget it and I doubt it will ever be topped. Never say never though I suppose.

LA thanks so much for the homework, what a great journal and about halfway through, kinda cursing you too cause those are the exact containers I was talking about and I am so excited to give flux a try. Really wanna get meds a bit sooner though but damn I wanna do it NOW!!! :reading420magazine:

I am starting to worry that my fantasies are about hairy, smelly, fat bottomed green girls.

I have a question I want to ask you guys. If I don't get an answer here will post in the FAQ's but wanted to consult the legends that have been following my journal (so humbled and almost star struck) :cheer:

I am having some heat issues in my tent. Temps get up to around 33c at times and Maizie is definitely a little heat stressed in places. I have just received a clip on fan and put it in yesterday blowing over the tops so probably a bit too soon to tell if it's doing the job. I raised my lights another inch so they are now about 9' above the tallest cola.

My question is this. I have found what looks awesome it's called an aero tube and it seems like the best cool tube option for me. I have a 2x2x5 tent which is obviously pretty small. Quite cluttered with the fan, carbon filter and light in there already. You guys think my tent is big enough to fit one in?

Also my current set up is carbon filter -> ducting -> fan -> ducting leading out of the tent.

Would I be correct in assuming I could set it up the following way:

carbon filter -> ducting -> fan (attached to tube) - ducting out the other end of the tube -> out the tent???

Thanks again to each and every one of you supremely awesome people, your input has been priceless.

Here are a couple of snaps - day 68 - 36 of flower

DSCN48341.JPG

DSCN4833.JPG

DSCN48322.JPG

DSCN48313.JPG

DSCN48302.JPG

This plant had very little stretch to work with. Definitely got the timing a bit wrong, would have liked to have vegged a bit longer. Most of the buds are 4-6 inches but as you can see there are smaller buds that would have formed the main colas which are a bit far down and most of the buds point up at a pretty sharp angle. Not sure what this will end up like.

Probably for the best that I switched to flowering though so that she can be done by early August. She has to be done by then. Anyone have any guesses as to what I could possibly expect to pull off of her?

Just looking for a ballpark guestimate... wanna make some oil which works out to about 12% in oil of what you have in dried bud.

Found an answer regarding the cooltube. It' going to be a tight squeeze but think it has to be done.
I am probably just going to get through this grow and then get one, also need to get a quieter fan with the tent being in my bedroom, Mrs Dabs is getting very annoyed with it.

I am pretty sure this grow and the subsequent yield is going to be affected by heat and high ph problems. Stalks are starting to go purple. I have added a full dose feed with quite a lot of lemon juice.

When I do a plain water feed next I will probably add a bit of ph down again, seems it just keeps creeping up. I think hempies are definitely on the cards for the next one. At least then I will have some control over the medium. Loads of mistakes for this grow but massive learning too.

On the bright side Maizie is getting really frosty all of a sudden and the dwarfs will likely be chopped on Wed so not long from now I will have some meds, woohoo :tokin:

I looked back to where you changed the light cycle, Jack, and it is really surprising how little MxWR stretched. You're going to get a decent harvest, though, for a 2x2 space with the autos + the big plant.

Don't know how much the cool tube costs or replacing the fan... An LED might be a good choice for increasing the light and lowering the heat and thus lowering the necessary fan speed. Do you have a speed controller on the fan? They are not too expensive and you can turn the speed down for less noise.

My small 24"x18" box is vented with the fan outside and on top. The fan is in a plastic storage tote surrounded by old clothes. The clothes further muffle the fan noise. Between the speed controller and the clothing "muffler" it's not silent, but not very loud either. I've seen others do similar muffled box scenarios with packing peanuts or foam surrounding the fan. I'll post up a picture. The fan is in the blue box.

bum2.jpg

bum1.jpg

Thanks PeeJay. I love your setup, brilliantly simple.

A muffle box is a great idea I never thought of that before will look into. Heat is my main concern atm. I looked into LED's and I think it may be
a great addition for a future add on but for now it's just way outside my price range.

The cooltubes are about £25 which is about $40 and combined with acoustic ducting I am hoping it should do the job. I'll look into the speed controller too, great advice!

As for stretch very little, I was pretty surprised myself. I have another bean so if I grow this strain out again I will know exactly what to do next time.

I am hoping to harvest the dwarfs on Wed., been flushing since Monday. I tried both dwarfs crudely dried lower buds. Goliath was very mellow but Titan whooa...

Dynamite little plant!! Not too head racy, coherent but wrecked at the same time. It seems very strong (at least for me).

The Mazar x WR seems to be battling at the moment. Buds don't seem to be filling out very fast and they are still pretty airy and short. Hoping she is a late bloomer. Seems heat stressed and still battling the ph problem. Will add some ph down tomorrow. She does seem very thirsty though so hoping that's a good sign. Added 2 litres yesterday morning and it's almost bone dry.

Will add some pics tomorrow before lights off. Thanks again for your advice.:thumb:

I'm really impressed with the growth of your dwarves.
Please come post ca link to a smoke report after they are cured.

Sure thing, will do. I have also been really impressed with them. They have handled the high ph and temps much better too. Should have just done all 7 dwarfs and been done with it for this grow. :scratchinghead:

Was planning on harvesting the dwrfs tomorrow but had a look at the trichs and the little one only has a few ambers and can't find a single one on the big on. Goliath does have almost complete cloudy coverage and looks very ready.

Maybe it's one of those auto's that just don't turn amber, Was really hoping for painkiller meds so hope it still does the job.

Probably still chop tomorrow unless anyone has any other suggestions?

If you have a vaporizer for herb, you can do a vape test without curing and get a good idea of the medical factors such as body relaxation, energetic high, couch lock, fuzzy head, etc.
I've heard this is most reliable, with trichomes less reliable but good. I plan to use the magicflight launch box next month.

That's really great to know, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have one yet. I have realised in this grow that there are quite a few bits and pieces I still need.

Need a cool tube, better nutes, maybe a new fan, acoustic ducting, maybe a silencer, possibly and intake fan. I am making RSO so have just bought a rice cooker and a cup warmer, still need to get some iso. I don't think I will have much trim so can put the shake bags off for now but damn this stuff adds up. I bought a tiny tent because I was on a tight budget. :rofl:

Sure it will all be worth it just really need to get my setup dialled in properly.

Looked up that launchbox , looks fantastic. Out of the budget atm but considering the prices of other vapes that one looks great.

Think I am going to just have to wing it and do the chop tomorrow

That's really great to know, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have one yet. I have realised in this grow that there are quite a few bits and pieces I still need.

Need a cool tube, better nutes, maybe a new fan, acoustic ducting, maybe a silencer, possibly and intake fan. I am making RSO so have just bought a rice cooker and a cup warmer, still need to get some iso. I don't think I will have much trim so can put the shake bags off for now but damn this stuff adds up. I bought a tiny tent because I was on a tight budget. :rofl:

Sure it will all be worth it just really need to get my setup dialled in properly.

Looked up that launchbox , looks fantastic. Out of the budget atm but considering the prices of other vapes that one looks great.

Think I am going to just have to wing it and do the chop tomorrow

I want suggesting you buy a vapor just for this, but a friend with a vape is often ready to visit and do a "connoisseur" bud tasting with you. You don't have to admit to growing, just share tiny snips and say you want to compare what's for sale :)

Back
Top Bottom