My First Indoor - Buddah White Dwarf

skippidy

Hi everyone! I am new to the site but have been studying/lurking/learning from it for about 6 months. My growing experience consists of bagseed, back in high school, out in the woods. Looking back, I did pretty well with it and only harvested major buds so I had a few plants that lasted a couple years (termed regeneration now). Well... until they tore down the woods and developed the land with cookie cutter housing.

I am one of those that probably have more fun growing than smoking it. My first and current indoor grow started at the end of October with a purchase of 5 Buddah, Feminized, AutoFlowering White Dwarf seeds. I germinated with the paper towel in the window method and three days later, planted them in dixie cups using Miracle grow moisture control soil. Yes, it is the fertilized stuff and I know that makes a lot of you cringe. I'll get fancier with future grows.

2 weeks into the grow, I had to leave town for a week and had my brother watch my house and girls. Unfortunately, one baby died, so now I have 4 in their flowering stage as of this post. I started with 3 grow sticks, from Walmart, and only put them under a 400watt HPS about 2 weeks ago. I am sure I would be harvesting by now had I gone with recommended lighting but I am not in a hurry.

I have slowly gathered up equipment over the last 2 months and I am feeling comfortable now with my setup. Although, there is always new stuff to add to the environment and that's what makes it fun for me. I have been taking pics along the way but have not been keeping a very good log which is why I joined this site... to keep a better log and for the entertainment of others.

I will post pics when I get them uploaded to a proper online image stor

Thanks for all the great info you all provide here!

Hey, Grow sounds good :), Use the gallery on 420 to upload your photos, dont use imageshack, that way your protected and dont have anything to worry about

Hope to see the pics soon!

:cheer:

welcome to 420! merry christmas!

Thanks for the advice Vtech... I did just that... now for some pics. Days are estimate.

About 12 days. Medium grow tent. Remote thermometer sitting on cup.
SDC104973.JPG

About 20 days. Transplanted to 3 gallon pots. Miracle grow moisture control
SDC105001.JPG

Did some light LST just to keep everyone at the same height.
SDC105051.JPG

More LST as one of the four had to be a bushy runt.
SDC105092.JPG

SDC105151.JPG

Various pics from day 30 - 45. At this point I was varying the lighting between the walmart glow sticks and the 400watt HPS. I was still paranoid about leaving the house with the HPS on so I would switch to the 3 - 75watt glow sticks when I wasn't around to put out any fires.

SDC10519.JPG

SDC10520.JPG

SDC105232.JPG

SDC105251.JPG

Now up to date

Ok... now my journal is up to date. These are today's pics with my current setup. My lighting is an adjustable MH/HPS ballast that I vary between 400w and 600w depending upon heat control. Coconut shell carbon filter is the white cylinder on the right. KoolerAire cooling at the bottom that I put 2 - 1 gallon frozen jugs in. Lasts about 12 hours. It's "ok" for this small tent but I am already thinking of engineering my own using a larger cooler. The current cooler maybe brings it down 3 degrees and I run at about 78-80 degrees on average.

Still just using PH balanced water, no nutes. I tried a real small dosage of miracle grow food but noticed some leaves yellow-spotting so I immediately stopped that non-sense. The miracle grow soil is supposed to have 6 months worth of time release nutes. I know, some of you vets are either laughing or cringing but I'll get into the whole fox farms dealio on a future grow.... if I don't just go hydro.

SDC10529.JPG

SDC105311.JPG

Morning Skip,

Plants are looking really nice and your taming them as well, tying them sluts down lol

Keep us updated, Im tagging along for the journey

:Namaste:

Bush trim

The ladies got a brazilian bush trimming today. This is day 66 since germination. I am guessing I have 3-4 weeks left before harvest. What do you think?

SDC105421.JPG

SDC105441.JPG

SDC105453.JPG

SDC105462.JPG

SDC105471.JPG

SDC105482.JPG

I think I had some "nute burn" before I did the trimming today. I used 1/4 teaspoon of some miracle grow fertilizer per gallon of water I had laying around. Stupid rookie move. The last set of pictures have no yellow at at all. Probably the lighting and my poor photography skills.

I water about every 4th day and each plant is getting about 6 dixie cups of water before it flows out the drain holes (3 gallon pots). These are autoflower so I had them on 24/0 with walmart glow sticks until about 2 weeks ago. Then I switched to 18/6 on the HPS. When I am home I run at 600watt... otherwise 400watt. Mostly for heat control.

Well it seems like things have slowed down but I do notice progress every 2-3 days as opposed to every day when they were in Veg state. I did have to throw them back under florescents 2 weeks ago, for about 4 days, when I was gone. I only trust one person to watch the girls why I am gone so my options are limited. I am not in any hurry anyway.

They do look like a mongoloid bunch for sure, especially the scrawny bud machine in the last pic. That's what I get for playing around with LST and FIM on autoflowering dwarfs and my first indoor grow. The smell is so wonderful though.

I can see that I may be selectively clipping off buds/branches and just let them continue on. I know the usual protocol is to cut the whole thing down at the trunk. Why don't more people just clip off branches and buds, as needed, and keep the plant in a perpetual grow?

Hey skippy I'm looking forward to seeing how much you harvest. Got a few questions about these autoflowers if you don't mind. What is the real differance? If it takes 12/12 light to throw them into flower I don't really understand the differance. If you left them under 24/0 or 18/6 do they still flower?

I like your idea on the perpetual grow. If you decide to test this I'll be paying close attention. I don't know why more growers don't do this. My current thoughts for faster harvests would be. Veg a month or long enough to sex, take a couple clones from the plants. Veg those seperately while flowering the first. I'm very new to this so I'm trying to utilize both areas I have to grow with.

Good luck!

Yep, they will flower no matter what. They are crossed with a strain that will flower no matter what light cycle. I used to know the strain but my brain's sectors have been over written with other information already. The down side that I remember on the strain is a low THC level. Somewhere like the 12-16% level. I am not sure if they will survive after final harvest. I will be going with a "light cycle" strain next though. Step up the complexity a bit.

Initial Harvest: Yes, it is a full size bic. :) This is from only 3 of the plants as I had already snipped one for "trial". They will be hung up for 5-6 days then cured. I don't have a scale so I am just going by volume.

SDC105592.JPG

This is what they look like after the initial harvest. Back under 400 HPS for 12/12 now. I am a bit perplexed on what will happen from here. That's the fun of it.

SDC105582.JPG

Well, I am going to go ahead and harvest the rest which is probably about 1/3rd of the above pic. After 7 days of air drying the above, I manicured further and filled a 3 cup tupperware container. I don't have a scale so no weight measurement, sorry. This will last me 10+ months for sure.

Post harvest report:

Strain: Buddah White dwarf, Feminized, AutoFlowering
Soil: Miracle grow moisture control, time released nutrients
Feedings: PH checked water from local water store. No other nutrients.
Flower time: 8 weeks under 400w HPS
Bud type: Light and fluffy
Stone: Functional, head high
Munchie Factor: HUGE
Difficulty Level: LOW

Since all came out female, I will stick with the Feminized on future grows but I think I am done with the auto-flowering.

Admin, you may move to completed journals.

Thanks all! Until next grow....

oh yea... I forgot the best part... I learned some really cool stuff and no more supporting the evil underground!

Hail for legalization!

Back
Top Bottom