First speaker stealth box build

fozzarn

Hello fellow growers or DEA spies, lol. Here's my plans and progress on my own stealth grow, hope you enjoy and if you got any tips for me as I am a first time grower (not growing yet tho) you're more than welcome to teach me! Just your opinion on this will not hurt either.

Introduction:
So I started reading about PC case grows a few months back and was totally fascinated. I started reading 101 guides how to grow cannabis indoors in general, but was more dragged into micro stealth grows. So i thought for myself, What do i have around the house, which can fit a small plant and not wake too much attention. SPEAKERS EVERYWHERE! I kinda forgot im a sound enthusiast and literally got speaker boxes big enough for a small plant in every room without the kitchen and bathroom.

So i started by moddin one of my boxes and painting it white internally. The 2nd layer has just dried. Pics below. Hopefully i could start growing soon after I've got all stuff etc.
The dimensions internally are: 62cm tall. 30cm wide and 23cm deep. In inches: 24.4" tall. 11.8" wide and 9" deep. Im starting with one box for now, later i will paint the other one aswell(I have two identical boxes) one for veg and other for flower.

Air/Fans
I just bought a 92mm PC fan, one of those fancy and quite ones. Specs: 1600RPM +/- 10%. Airflow: 64.3 m³/h Acoustical noise: 17.6 dB/A. I am thinking of having 2 of these, one as exhaust and one as intake. Later on i might get a smaller fan to give my precious a little breeze so she grows strong!

Lights
Im planning to buy these x2 2700K and x2 6400K, all 45W. Will it be alright to keep all 4 running from seed to harvest?

Soil
Im thinking of gettin flower soil for now, ive read about that organic stuff thats suppose to be superb (forgot the name) but for my first grow i'll just use flower/garden soil.

Goal?
What do i want to achieve with my grow?
Well, growin my own has been on my bucket list for many years, that and moonshine lol, but i'll skip the moonshine for now. Im more than happy if i will get 5-10grams of dry buds, the rest i will either give away or sell to improve my little ghetto grow box. Im goin to aim for more potent buds than a high yield.

Pictures i promised

Let me hear your opinion on this, or if you have an idea of how i can improve my little ghetto box im more than happy to receive a comment! Also, this is my first thread, if i made any mistakes please tell me.

Re: First speaker stealth box build.

WOW! I simply adore your speaker stealth box project!

Makes me want to do some Macklemore thrift shop scavenging to pop some grow box tags.:bravo:

WOW! I simply adore your speaker stealth box project!

Makes me want to do some Macklemore thrift shop scavenging to pop some grow box tags.:bravo:

Thank you! Hehe yeah, i live in a pretty small town, so if i wanna get some proper stuff i gotta take a ride. Only things I have to buy for this to work is lights and fans! So im lucky i can get away this cheap.

Now im gettin a lil confused tho. Those lamps i was thinking of are really huge. i could fit all 4 of em its not that, but does anyone of you know any better cfl bulbs? I wanna keep me at a minimum of 80watt(per spectrum) and hopefully i can get the total light costs under 55$/45€

Looking promising, a few advice on can add to get a hydroponics pc fan ecoplus etc.. not your pc fan made for electronic heat exhaust. you going to need to pull heat out quick. odor control, what are your plans? exhaust should be higher over the lights and look up micro filter.
lights leaks, what are your plans. no matter how stealth you go there will always be some noise level consider this factor. air movement inside the microgarden, look at oscillating mini fans in amazon. best wishes mate.

Looking promising, a few advice on can add to get a hydroponics pc fan ecoplus etc.. not your pc fan made for electronic heat exhaust. you going to need to pull heat out quick. odor control, what are your plans? exhaust should be higher over the lights and look up micro filter.
lights leaks, what are your plans. no matter how stealth you go there will always be some noise level consider this factor. air movement inside the microgarden, look at oscillating mini fans in amazon. best wishes mate.

Whats the diffrence between a regular pc fan vs a hydroponics one?
For Odor ill prob make a DIY carbon filter or if im too lazy ill buy a ONA block.
Ive thought about the exhaust fan, to be honest ive just been lazy since i didnt have to cut a hole for the fan where it is now, but the fan should be placed as you said, higher than it is now. Im thinkin of makin the hole for the top speaker bigger so it fits the exhaust fan and place it there(I will do that when i stop being lazy and got the time for it)
About the noise, these fans i bought litterally makes almost no sound at all. I have an AC fan, PC and either a TV or radio running whenever somone's at home (as i said in my first post i live with my dad) And this box is goin to be pretty hidden in my room. The only time when youre goin to hear it is at night when everything is silent. My PC makes more noise than my grow box, and my PC isnt loud at all.
Ive made a similar light trap like yours, a small box made out of cardboard and inside it its like a labyrinth pic below My light trap is made in under 5 minutes, but blocks almost all light. I will make a better one, this was just a test.

Picture Update
So i painted the front side of the speaker wich is made out of plastic to get a more thicker white paint. Also i cut out a cardboard piece to cover the speaker and painted that aswell for more reflection.

Box, I will move the exhaust fan to the top speaker.
10808029_835721663115498_1719061389_n.jpg

Light trap, this is just a quick sketchup it is NOT measured but just to give you the idea of how it looks like
Untitled90.png

What am I planning to do now?
Well first of all, move the exhaust fan to the top speaker. Then i will fix all wires and electricity. ATM i have only one power cable running in to the box, which is a x4 power socket. I found a adjustable volt converter in my garage which you can choose from 3.5volt to 12volt. Planning to run the 2 fans at 6 or 7.5 volts.
About the lights im going for these instead
x5 2700K and then x5 6400K

Awesome! I still remember my first speaker grow haha. Much smaller about 10mx20cmx40cm Tiniest little thing! Never got anywhere but this one looks like it may work. You know any store that has furnace parts should have carbon filters with active charcoal. These arent the big circular ones, they are furnace filters and they do remove smell. Maybe you can find some of that stuff and put a couple pieces of that in your light trap?

Looking forward to see this move forward

Awesome! I still remember my first speaker grow haha. Much smaller about 10mx20cmx40cm Tiniest little thing! Never got anywhere but this one looks like it may work. You know any store that has furnace parts should have carbon filters with active charcoal. These arent the big circular ones, they are furnace filters and they do remove smell. Maybe you can find some of that stuff and put a couple pieces of that in your light trap?

Looking forward to see this move forward

Haha cool, well you gotta start somewhere, right?
Oh really? Never thought of that, will check that out! Thanks for the tip bro!

Why I recommend hydroponic PC fan, is because they are built to pull out air and quickly, ball bearing are going to withstand the heat. I started with pc fan I bought in a computer place and they burn out, but until I got some fans at the hydro shop was when I saw the difference.
Air exchange it's very important to a microgarden. ONA will only work so little ultimately you with both ona & filter.

you be surprise in how quickly heat can build up from the cfls.

cool - im following :)

Update

Also, Anyone of you have an idea of how i shall do to close the "door" on the box? I have a little "doorknob" on it which you can see in the pic above, but i need something to keep it closed. Dont want it to open if i happen to bump into it lol.

Aaand, Shall i keep my white paint, or buy this windscreen protect thingy which use to reflect heat in the summer?
This ones

My grow cabinet has 2 latches to keep it closed. You can put locks on them for safe keeping. Check it out, I can post some more pics if you can't see it

Oh good idea. Yeah post some pics if you want.

I have already started growin in this box, i got a bagseed and im basically just experimenting with it (mostly workin on temprature control, humidity etc) So when i order my real seeds everything will be settled.

How the growbox looks today.

If the seed does not hermie i have been blessed by the weed gods. You have no idea what s/he have been through lol.

Back
Top Bottom