First time grower with issues

@Slicknick909 have you seen the video of the guy bong ripping a reaper? Pml I couldnt stop laughing. Tbh what the hell did he expect?

Woke this morn to find the girls rather thirsty, had a bit of a malfunction with my heater and was on all night! I have no idea how it happened but was 36°C this morn with about 30% humidity so less than optimal. So they had a decent feed til 15-20% runoff with the Canna uk light feed schedule. The white widows leaves looking less full. I'm hoping because I failed to buffer the coco to start with and waterlogged the w.w in peat soil I'm hopin the drout helped a bit to.

Hello Scottishweed, nice setup, will be the guy in the back with the binoculars. Cheers

Well from the state my lil widow was in, shes looking healthier although i do think shes past it. The leaves arent as full and the colours alot brighter.

Taken 3-4 days ago poor coco very poor drainage
20200603_163149.jpg

Quick pic today, After bein replanted yesterday in buffered coco.
20200606_180631.jpg
I'm noticing some yellowing on
An ultra power aswell with bein transplanted yesterday I'm still letting them recover
20200606_181855.jpg

Cheers @oldsmokey your advice helped and the guys here cemented it. Finding this forum better and more helpful than some others I've joined. Nothing against them but getting more helpful responses here.

Since its feed this morning my Triple G has grown about 10mm in 12hrs. In fact all the girls are doin better. I know the damaged leaves wont heal but least they're looking healthier. Cheers to @Slicknick909 @The Dirty @burdok420 @oldsmokey and @FelipeBlu you're advice has been invaluable, I'm sure there will be more questions to come but for now I'll be patient and continue with the feeding. Pics will follow in the next few days

Random question and probably cause I'm high at time of typing this. I'm needin to buy fabric pots in the next couple weeks. Could you use an old pillowcase or the cheap fabric shopping bags?? I'm goin to try buy proper fabric pots regardless but was just a random 'high' thought pml

have seen folk use the shopping bags here. not entirely ideal, and a bit small, but will work. one time use bag, usually deteriorates past using again. the proper bags are much sturdier.

You start seeing possibilities everywhere when you mind is in a pot purchasing mode. Lol There is no end to it, I seem to remember a used toilet as a flower pot, all painted up real psychedelic like. Cheers

Check the girls 2day the widows looking funny, shes looking better and growing but noticed this...
20200608_174315.jpg20200608_174345.jpg
Ignore my grubby thumb is that right?

were you feeding ? and how much are you feeding now ?
dunno whats in the coco, but i would have held on feeding til now. they don't usually tip and burn so fast the leaf end disappears before noticing. suspect this one found it a bit hot.

also you're gonna want cal mag at some point.

@bluter Yea it was badly over watered in shite unbuffered coco while germinating, straight into soil. Ive been feedin them 5ml/l calmag 4ml/l rhizotonic 1.5ml/l a+b. It's a poor stunted widow and very surprised its survived and started growing again albeit slowly. The others are growin well. The new growths are looking healthier.

How’s it going Scottishweed have you got a reliable EC and ph pen? Lots of people recon you can’t over water coco, but I believe you can when the plants haven’t established a good roots system. When a plant is in its final pot with a good root system the more the merrier with watering / feeding. The two biggest tips I can give you DONT over feed with nutrients and the second is PATIENCE, I have grown a lot of plants in coco and multi feed in flower with quite weak nutrients I never go above 1.8 EC in flower in 10 L fabric pots you just don’t need to your just wasting your nutrients and money, you can always up feeds with nutrients by reading your plants and run off but if you over feed them they can lock out and get all sorts of problems, I believe the old saying with women treat them mean and keep them keen this is how I treat my plants trust me it works, if you need anymore help just holla mate.

Cheers @Bud basher Ill keep that in mind. I have got a ph pen, test strips and ec pen both of which where calibrated before I used them. I am starting to treat the girls meaner as you say, I'm making sure the cocos dying out properly (not 100% but atleast 80-90%). The feed I've got them on just now seems to be working alright, my temps during day are 21-24 and night is about 18-19°C RH is about 51% not to sure at night as I'm asleep when the lights go off. (Need to raise day temp a bit more. They seem to be doin better and the new growth looks good. Despite some issues with the lower leaves they new one look ok. 1st 2 are the overwatered white widow seeding. Next 2 are the triple g and cookie gelato. Might be stretching I bit to much??
20200610_152944.jpg20200610_152940.jpg20200610_151733.jpg20200610_151727.jpg

I have got proper fabric pots and canna coco pro+ gettin delivered by monday so I'll be ready for the final pot.

I think your over the worst of it, what bulb are you using? you can put your hand under the light with the back of your hand facing the bulb and lower the light till you feel it get hot on the back of your hand then raise it a bit till it’s not uncomfortable or to hot on the back of your hand for at lease a minute or two this will stop them stretching, plus you can put a wet towel in the tent to up the humidity and when you see some roots at the bottom of the pots it’s time to transplant them you can put them in deeper to new pots so the stems are not so much out from the top of the coco to strengthen them and when you feed them keep the feed around the outside of the opt to encourage the roots to spread outwards.

@Bud basher cheers for the advice. After reading @Emilya thread about watering ive changed my approach. I'm hoping the worst is passed, although I'll go wrong somewhere down the line haha.
I've started spraying down the inside of the tent in the morning and I've left a small tray of water aswell it's usually at about 52% but ideally would like it nearer 60%.
It's a 600w (cant remember the name, begins with a V though) it says a min of 30cm from plants. I've got it at 36"+/-.
My mates got a seedling I'm helping him grow at his (hehe). We planted it week ago after germinating and with the watering advice mentioned above the roots are now showing at the sides, only 2 little tips but def roots. So I'll have to pop round to repot later.

Cheers

P.s to all 420 blokes n lassies out there this site has been invaluable to me and us beginners in general, unfortunately I was late to this site and the info held within this forum. I am a member on a couple others but find myself here more often than not coming here. The members are so helpful and more than happy to explain things in detail (which to them is second nature). This truely is the 'Bible of Weed'. I especially love the aesthetic appeal to Quadlining (apologises to who came up with it I forgot your name or I would tag you) which and imo is absolutely gorgeous. I do so admire a lovely looking symetrical plant. Anyway happy growing ya'll

Scottish

That’s why I asked what bulb you have ideally you want a metal halide for vegging which is more of a blue white but they do sell multi spectrum bulbs that you can use from start to finish which I haven’t used, it definitely makes a difference I know you probably don’t want to hear another expense but light is the most important part of growing then environment which is a lot based behind your light ie controlling the heat from it, so never scrimp on your lights, good light = good plants = good yields.

Back
Top Bottom