First Time Growing Purple - LED - SCROG

Been away for a while and what a lovely sight to come back to!!! :) Congrats chaba, some tasty looking nugs you got there!!! Do you have anything else cracked to take place in the room?

Been away for a while and what a lovely sight to come back to!!! :) Congrats chaba, some tasty looking nugs you got there!!! Do you have anything else cracked to take place in the room?

Thanks man! Ordered a couple fems of this crazy strain called Black D.O.G. And some Thin Mint Cookies but they are taking ages to arrive so contemplating picking up a couple clones and saving those till next batch. Any input on seeds vs Clones? Haven't done an indoor seed grow before.

Looking great in here! That screen is filling up nicely. That parrot thingy is neat. Ill have to do more reading about it. Happy growing! whoop!

Thanks bro! Yeah the Parrot is pretty cool, definitely helpful for when it's lights out and I need to check temps/humidity and helps with knowing when the soils running a bit dry. I still use a hygrometer as well to be sure

CURING:

We have begun curing! After a few days hang drying and a couple days in brown paper bags, the girls are ready to be jar-cured! The Mendo came out amazing, super purple and resin packed. The PAK also came out great, but a little more airy then I had wished. I think the right side of my tent is receiving less light as my last two harvests have been less dense on the right side compared to the left. I think I'm going to buy another LED to correct this. Any recommendations on another 300W LED? Lemme know what you guys think of the buds too!
420-magazine-mobile602538895.jpg
420-magazine-mobile791953596.jpg
420-magazine-mobile959051944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1388333007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1635156720.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1696340743.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1221575880.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1299611080.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1395492770.jpg
420-magazine-mobile46694757.jpg

CURING:

We have begun curing! After a few days hang drying and a couple days in brown paper bags, the girls are ready to be jar-cured! The Mendo came out amazing, super purple and resin packed. The PAK also came out great, but a little more airy then I had wished. I think the right side of my tent is receiving less light as my last two harvests have been less dense on the right side compared to the left. I think I'm going to buy another LED to correct this. Any recommendations on another 300W LED? Lemme know what you guys think of the buds too!
420-magazine-mobile602538895.jpg
420-magazine-mobile791953596.jpg
420-magazine-mobile959051944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1388333007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1635156720.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1696340743.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1221575880.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1299611080.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1395492770.jpg
420-magazine-mobile46694757.jpg
Dude, both the Mendo and PAK buds look amazing. Top notch job! I would love to try some. Lol it looks tasty

You should enter them in Nug of the Month contest. I love some stiff compitition. Lol .

Dude, both the Mendo and PAK buds look amazing. Top notch job! I would love to try some. Lol it looks tasty

You should enter them in Nug of the Month contest. I love some stiff compitition. Lol .

Thanks man! Yeah the terpenes on em are out of control! And yeah I'll be entering next month brotha!

Ok guys so the final weight is as follows:

Mendo Breath: 112g | 3.95oz
Purple Animal Kush: 73g | 2.75oz

Total weight: 185g | 6.7oz

Pretty damn happy with the pull! The girls are smoking great, though for some reason the last two grows the plant on the right side of the tent never comes out just right. Always a little airy and hay-smelling. Not sure what the deal with that is, but the Mendo Breath cake out FIRE and purple as hell. On to the next one! Check out my next grow journal for "Dosido & Forbidden Fruit"!

big ups! come peep my purp. urkle and super fruit
your next grow has me super excited as I wanted to do plat. dosido soon! and I just smoked on forb. fruit today,grabbed a good month's worth.
cheers on your next grow Chaba! ,I will be on the lookout!
mahalo !:goodjob:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I use COB Tasty LED for vegging/pre/& up to for or five weeks before I put them in their finishing tent.

Love them but dude moved on to other ventures, so Tasty is out of biz. Thinking if the Mar's Cobbs work run with them when I need new lighting.

BUT. If cost is not a massive factor (I will pay more for U.S. made stuff).

Hey Mate,

Amazing results! I can't believe your yield from such a small setup.

I have 2x2x4 tent also, and wanted to ask you a couple of questions about the LED lighting if that's ok?

They reckon you need 24" of headspace for the led, but that would leave almost nothing to veg or flower with... did you find the led ok in such a restricted space?

Also how was the heat that comes off it? I'm guessing it's all vented upwards with the fan, which would be ideal for me as my cfl reflector is almost as big as my tent and traps the air down near the plants.

Lastly, it it very loud? Like, no louder than the exhaust fan?

Thanks a lot! happy growing!

Hey Mate,

I have 2x2x4 tent also, and wanted to ask you a couple of questions about the LED lighting if that's ok?

They reckon you need 24" of headspace for the led, but that would leave almost nothing to veg or flower with... did you find the led ok in such a restricted space?

Also how was the heat that comes off it? I'm guessing it's all vented upwards with the fan, which would be ideal for me as my cfl reflector is almost as big as my tent and traps the air down near the plants.

Really bad timing today to go into any detail.
If cost is a factor than it may not be the best option.

If you are able to throw a little capital at it LUSH LIGHTING out of I think NOVI, MI---USA is the bomb.
I will try to post more information when I have more time.

FYI: My wife likes to host folks over and I run the cheapest in-line fan I can buy (4 incher). It is a good fan, but it is too loud for an apartment.
God has blessed us with a 1600 ft. (not sure meters) home.

God Bless

:thumb:

Cheers mate.

There's so much conflicting info... someone said lush lighting is made by GRO LUSH and to stay away?

Cob setups look cool but i don't know if i'm up for a custom job, and the little 2 light setups run around $300-$400 here. Any info on them suggests to keep them 48" away from the plants to start, and i don't even have that much height in my tent!
Not so worried about the cash if it works really well, but just something that is ideal for my space.

Hey Mate,

Hey man I didn't encounter any trouble with the light getting closer to the plants, even as close as 10" and no burning. The two LED lights barely put off any heat, maybe increased temps by 5 degrees or so. And the light is very quiet, sounds like a small desk fan. Hope this helps!

VEG WEEK 3:

Ok so I tapped into my own stoner ingenuity and rigged up a DIY AC unit to keep the temps in my tent low enough to induce a color change during flower. I looped some copper refrigerator tubing around the face of my fan, then ran that to a aquarium pump I submerged in a cooler with ice blocks and ice water. The pump pushes cold water throughout the copper tubes, which, with the fan blowing through the looped copper, creates cold air. I was able to drop my temps damn near 15 degrees! Lasts the whole night so each morning all I have to do is replace the ice. I'm hoping when flower hits and the outside temps drop I'll be able to get the tent temp down to the low 60s (its high 90s outside right now and with the DIY AC I'm at 75 in the tent).
Capture911.PNG
Capture1125.PNG
Capture1125.PNG
Capture1211.PNG
Hey mate, i love this DIY cooler and want tho attempt the same. Can i ask, what size copper tubing did you use and how did you go about connecting it to the pump?
I can see some clear tubing between the pump and copper, but the smallest submersible pump outlet i can find is like 12mm, and I'm assuming you are using 3mm or so copper tube?

Back
Top Bottom