First Time Growing Purple - LED - SCROG

VEG WEEK 4:

Decided to raise the Kush as it looked like she wouldn't catch up before flower and of course my clumsy ass broke half of the main "T" stem I had LST'd. I attempted to fix her with some tape and honey but she was shot, the branch dead and wilted. I did my best to patch her up and gave a little boost to some of the offshoots hoping they'll take on the role. Still have the main stem topped into three so I should be ok, but damn is this Purple Animal Kush growing slow as hell! Hopefully she'll catch up in the stretch when I flower next week.
9d2d3c16038e0081329ccddbf7a0504a.jpg
ff371f36bbf4c9f60f765ad3d460c0f1.jpg
8f2aaca48879b53ccb355c96630a723e.jpg

how's the parrot flower working for you? Can you share application screenshots? I own a Xiaomi Flora and it's nice, but wanna see if it was truly worth it to pay over 3x for the parrot.

Thanks!

I like it a lot man. Pretty basic but it helps me know how dry the girls are getting and helps me regulate temp.
420-magazine-mobile1775492184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1350857902.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1530790630.jpg

It records water level, lighting klux, fertilizer levels, and temperature. Super helpful for nighttime when my plant is sleeping and I need to check temp
420-magazine-mobile2087385403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile126713960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1329337510.jpg

FLOWER WEEK 1:

Flipped to 12/12 this week as the Mendo Breath had already grown into her side of the screen. I ended up giving her one more row because the Purple Animal Kush is growing much slower. The "kush" traits are really showing in her (I'm sure the broken stem didn't help). Overall though these two girls have had no issues at all! Excited to see how they flower. Any tips for increasing anthocyanin (purple pigmentation) other than temp & Purple Maxx? Lemme know.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

FLOWER WEEK 2:

The girls just started showing signs of flower! The Kush finally started its stretch and is in the process of filling its side of the screen. The Mendo grows like fucking vines...I'm going in circles around this filled up SCROG screen! Hopefully her stretch is wrapping up (wishful thinking). I also cropped everything below the net (new shoots and fan leaves) since they won't be getting any light.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Copped some Bud Candy as well so added that to my nute schedule (pic below). Anyone have any experience with BC or anything you think needs tweaking in my feeding chart? Open ears over here!
3.jpg

FLOWER WEEK 3:

The stretch is real with these girls! Goddamn! Went out of town for three days and came back to the Amazon! Bud sites are showing up prominently with just a tad bit of overcrowding. Raised the LED as high as she can go after these pics were taken. Here’s to hoping she doesn’t stretch anymore, gotta love those leggy chicks!.

1.jpg

Looking good chababuds! :)
I'm about a week behind you on the scrog with 5 plants! Would love for you to stop by!
5th Grow - 1st Journal - 6 Strains - 8 Plants - Coco - LED - HPS - SCROG!

One of my strains was way behind the other four and then I went to flower and BOOM it picked up but like yourself I ended up just giving the others a tad more room!
This is my first scrog so I would say I left it a bit late to flip, I feel I'm a little crowded! :)

Peace

Looking good chababuds! :)
I'm about a week behind you on the scrog with 5 plants! Would love for you to stop by!

One of my strains was way behind the other four and then I went to flower and BOOM it picked up but like yourself I ended up just giving the others a tad more room!
This is my first scrog so I would say I left it a bit late to flip, I feel I'm a little crowded! :)

Peace

Dude so glad I'm not the only one stressing about a slow grower when you're dealing with a scrog setup. It was either let the Mendo Breath take over the whole screen or flip early and pray the Purple Animal Kush caught up. Thankfully, she was a leggy broad and caught right up to her sister. I'm subbed on yours now and will be watching till harvest man! Good luck and stay in touch

FLOWER WEEK 4:

Looks like the stretch is mostly over. The Mendo Breath ended up super leggy and filled the screen before the stretch was over, so she's got a little bit extra length on her compared to the Kush. The Purple Animal Kush finally filled her side of the SCROG and is growing well. I defoliated all of the shoots and leaves below the screen as well as did some defoliating throughout the canopy to expose bud sites. I've surprisingly had 0 problems with either of the girls: no nute issues, they are responding well to the temps/humidity, no watering issues etc. Next week I will be adding some PK boosters to my feeding schedule (see feeding chart picture) as well as some PurpleMaxx the following week to bring out anthocyanins. Overall, these girls are tough as nails and growing super well. Any flowering tips and tricks?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

FLOWER WEEK 5:

Went out of town for a few days and came back to a forest! Did quite a bit of defoliation and added PK booster to my feeding schedule. I also used some support clips to help out buds that were leaning. All in all the girls still look perfect

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Coming along nicely Chaba!!

Thank you buddy! Yeah dipped back to Seattle for the past 5 days and decided to leave the girls as I didn't trust any friends to manage their nute regimen. Sweated damn near the whole trip only being able to check my temps/humidity and control the lights wirelessly through my Flower Power and smart plugs. Thankfully I came back to a couple thriving girls! Literally these two are unstoppable, not a single problem all grow. Here's hoping I didn't just jinx it!

FLOWER WEEK 6:

I did some more defoliation, removing large fan leaves and those blocking budsites, and began adding Humboldt County's Own "Purple Maxx" to accentuate the girls anthocyanin. With my homemade AC I can keep nighttime temps in the low-70s to mid-60s. I'm hoping these lower temps coupled with my addition of Purple Maxx will persuade these girls to start showing some color! I can already see hints of purple on the Kush. The Mendo Breath is still much larger than the Purple Animal Kush, which never did end up filling her side of the SCROG screen. On the plus side, this means a lot more lower budsites on the Kush are getting ample amounts of light, so hopefully by sacrificing a completely full side of the screen I'll end up with denser, larger colas. Overall, these two have been goddamn champs, still not a problem to be had. Wish me luck for the final 4 or so weeks until harvest!

(PS, I included a picture with my LED on and the rest without, so you don't get confused and think the whole plant went deep purple. I also included a pic from beneath the canopy to highlight my defoliation technique)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom