First Time Indoor Grow - Need Your Help

Yeah more wondering when to switch to veg?
Think I’ll stick to top and train this time till I have enough time for manifold. Thanks for the heads up on that.
It's more about how many lux they're getting, or more technically the PPFD. This is a good set of guide-lines from Royal Queen Seeds:

How Much Light Do Your Cannabis Plants Require?

Roughly, the lux ranges below are best suited to their corresponding stage of the growing cycle:
Clone and seedling stage: 5,000–7,000 lux
Vegetative stage: 15,000–50,000 lux
Flowering stage: 45,000–65,000 lux

Despite 65,000 representing the roof of recommended lux during the flowering stage, plants can handle up to 75,000 lux before things start to go south. With that said, illuminance values change a lot from one fixture to another; you should view these values as relative and not absolute.

Some growers approach cannabis with a “the more light, the better” mindset. This strategy only pays off until it reaches the 75,000 lux threshold. Light exposure of this magnitude can cause several issues. First, it can inflict light stress, which has the potential to reduce plant health and, subsequently, yield. This phenomenon manifests as dry, shrivelled leaves and bleaching. Second, this level of light intensity will drain your energy bill without actually doing much to increase plant productivity—you will reach a point of diminishing returns.

With the grow bags…..does water leak out the bag? Do I need to sit them in a tray?
Water runs out of them (which is a plus) so it's best to put them on a wire rack (like for cooling baked goods out of the oven) in a tray. Airflow across the bottom makes for healthier roots.

Day 28 under lights
Started nutes a week ago. Will probably nute every two weeks for now.
Re pot……..didn’t use the bags as I didn’t have time to find a tray or rack…..but definitely next grow.
Topped the two bigger ones.
Raise the light to maximum height and switch to 50% for vegetation
Will monitor them daily and begin LST

Temps still ok even with some of the 30° days we’ve had.

IMG_4506.jpeg
IMG_4507.jpeg

Day 38 under lights
switched to vegetation
light is at 450mm above canopy as per manufacturer’s guidelines
light is around 70% dimmer
had it on 50% as per manufacturer’s instructions but couldn’t get decent lux values.
IMG_4592.jpeg

left side plant which was the weird looking one……growing small leaves……looking like a lettuce
IMG_4588.jpeg

middle plant has been topped and is also growing small leaves.
IMG_4589.jpeg

right side plant….the late comer…..is bent over and seems to be growing well
IMG_4591.jpeg

how am it doing?
anything I need to change?

Having ya lights so low is causing ya plants to be so compact! I use to run my lights low and the plants never got much taller than 60 to 70cm even with a long veg of 8 weeks! Here's a few pics of my lights hight! 1.8m from the ground! Plants are far larger and yield more! I run em at 100% all the time. Probably not the most economical way but give far bigger plants! Some strains are naturally short but not that short for 40 days old!
Plants were 9 weeks old when pic taken
20231104_213633.jpg

light is at 450mm above canopy as per manufacturer’s guidelines
light is around 70% dimmer
had it on 50% as per manufacturer’s instructions but couldn’t get decent lux values.
17" isn't bad for veg and the meter says you're running 31,200 lux which is fine for this stage. Sometimes you get the lettuce version of the variety so do what you can to train them and feel free to pull off the lower fans to spur growth up top. They'll probably stretch out fine in flower!

Having ya lights so low is causing ya plants to be so compact! I use to run my lights low and the plants never got much taller than 60 to 70cm even with a long veg of 8 weeks! Here's a few pics of my lights hight! 1.8m from the ground! Plants are far larger and yield more! I run em at 100% all the time. Probably not the most economical way but give far bigger plants! Some strains are naturally short but not that short for 40 days old!
20231104_213633.jpg
20231104_213633.jpg
Sure yours aren’t too thin and tall? Do you top yours?

I was just offering up another way to look at his questions Porky. Not sure why you took that personally. As in many aspects of growing, there's not always one right answer.
That wasn't meant for you mate.
The last thing in his post was "anything I need to change" I offered some advice to get plants taller than 15cm.
He clearly didn't like my advice so I apologised and left. Only came back to answer you mate!

Sorry for the bad advice. Carry on champ I'll see myself out!!
Sorry buddy…..I wasn’t saying anything like that.
but I can see how what I typed may sound harsh….
More of a question about yours being tall and thin.
was just asking if having the light higher is how you get them so tall, and if that gets good yield.
It makes sense the light being higher should cause them to stretch a little.
I’ve moved the light a little higher and turned dimmer up to maintain the same LUX
Personally I’d rather the light stay at the same high height….less stuffing around.
As far as dimmer %….. I’m not worried about power costs…..just looking to learn how to get good yield ever time.

17" isn't bad for veg and the meter says you're running 31,200 lux which is fine for this stage. Sometimes you get the lettuce version of the variety so do what you can to train them and feel free to pull off the lower fans to spur growth up top. They'll probably stretch out fine in flower!
Pulled off some fan leaves and tying branches down to get some light to them
IMG_4601.jpeg

Pulled off some fan leaves and tying branches down to get some light to them
IMG_4601.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom