First Time Indoor Grow - Need Your Help

Ok…..big things happening today.
Been vegetating for around 6 weeks now.
Lollypop clearing of lower limbs.
LST improvements to increase canopy width.
Dose of Nutrients
Lift light all the way up and turn to 100%
Lux is still similar to before.
My thoughts are two more weeks of veg then more nutes and flip to 12/12 flower
IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4736.jpeg
IMG_4737.jpeg
IMG_4738.jpeg
IMG_4739.jpeg

They look good and I'd recommend a lot more removal of lower branches and leaves before you flip. There are almost as many philosophies on thinning as there are growers, but if those were mine I'd be something more like this with a week until 12/12, taking off on the branches below the red lines and entirely removing the branches that won't make it anywhere near the canopy in flower:

IMG_4765.jpeg
IMG_4766.jpeg
IMG_4767.jpeg

I'd really do a lollipop on every branch but I didn't want to draw that many red lines. :)

Just my 2 cents!

or unhook the ones Shed highlighted so they're higher up and train the taller ones down to break the dominance and redistribute the auxins. The change will cause the lower ones to catch up. Or just leave em. I know they'll do well either way. All valid options really. I'm getting excited for you. The fun is about to start.

:popcorn:

Ok today is the day……..dose of nutrients and flip to 12/12 flower
I Really wanted to find the time to do more lollipop cutting as suggested but, owning your own business the week before Christmas left me no time. Trimmed back some large leaves and removed limbs that were never gonna reach the canopy. Still got space to move the light up slightly depending on how much they stretch.

IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4772.jpeg

Ok…..so a bit of bad news.
Christmas night we had a small tornado rip through.
Shed is in tact but wiped out power for around 1.5 days.
Power back on now.
Plants looking a little yellow but still healthy.
would no light for that long have any negative affects?

an old growers trick was to place your plants in darkness for a day or two before switching to 12/12.
hormone levels increase during the dark period and eventually cause the plant to bloom.
the idea was you'd see pistils sooner than later because of the prolonged darkness. but should be fine.
the yellow might just be them asking for more food now that they've started blooming.

Back
Top Bottom