Flo # 2 - Austin Hash Plant - Random Seeds

your not over thinking. it is good to ask those questions.

I think the best way to solve this issue is to, buy a ppm meter. check the ppm of your water before you ph it. then ph it and check the ppm. I think you will see that it will only be a slight difference.

if you are worried about your ph down solution messing with your nutes, try using lemon juice.

hope this helps ya stealth!

p.s. flo#2 looks very thirsty to me.

My medium is 40%perlite/60% Promix HP, I'm fluctuating the ph between 5.6-6.0 essentially month by month. I've only used distilled water so far and yes I do add extra cal-mag (Botanicare). With regard to ph, won't more PH Down mean it will react more with the nutes, leaving a less efficient solution for the plants? Maybe I'm overthinking it but idk. Thanks for the input guys

I'm not too sure on that Stealth. When I use to do DWC I used a lot of ph down and when I went to RO I used a lot of ph up. Plants seemed to do fine with either. I used to measure ph and ppm all the time during those days and like mussh said the ppm didn't do much.

Silicon is good for upping the ph also. Once I stuck with RO water I started using ArmorSi to up the ph since I read it was also beneficial to the plants and stopped using ph up. Good luck man.

I'm kinda behind guys, sorry about that. Gonna get some pics up tomorrow, give a quick update for now. #2 is looking beautiful, almost like a branch of ivy or something, might even enter it in this months plant contest haha. So no problems with #2. #3 is a beast of a grower, it is continually hungry and short as can literally be! Still no sign of sex though, keeping a vigilant eye on it. Austin Hash Plant is starting to get a very nice sativa smell and is also growing nicely, great green color. Flo #2 has been my problem child lol. I transplanted it today, roots were definitely circling the pot. I could have xplanted weeks ago technically, but I wanted to let it stay in the pot and see what happens for the experience, now I know exactly what rootboundness looks like. The transplant was messy due to the LST and the shape of the plant. I broke off the top 3 inches of the main branch by accident and swore at myself a little lol. Gave her a full gallon of water after the xplant so hopefully she will bounce back after a bit. The other plants will be xplanted soon, probably within the week, then another solid month of veg and on to flower! On a side note, I'm getting really sick of these black plastic pots I have; xplanting is very difficult and usually harms the plant when I do it. What is a better option? The hempy pots? I'm looking for the one that is mostly made of some kind of fabric and allows air exchange through the material, hopefully someone can chime in on this

Pics are in finally. I also transplanted Seed #3 and AHP today to their final pots. They were just a little late on being xplanted, I could have done it days ago. I did much less damage to these two during the transplant, everything went as well as it could have. Gave them a gallon of plain water each after the xplant. I can definitely tell the difference in root mass after switching from HPS to LED. Even with the variety of strains, it is apparent that LED can grow root mass very quickly. I'll probably be transplanting Seed #2 tomorrow or the day after to its final pot. Temps and humidity are still doing awesome 70F's and 50%'s. No sign of bugs, I'll be applying Neem oil very soon to prevent anything from happening in the future though. Ok on to the pics

Seed #2, looking beautiful
20150806_193414_1_.jpg
20150806_193421_1_.jpg

Seed #3, super short and bushy, fast grower
20150806_193346_1_.jpg
20150806_193614_1_.jpg

Austin Hash Plant:
20150806_193508_1_.jpg
20150806_193720_1_.jpg

and Flo #2, looking pretty scraggly:
20150806_193432_1_.jpg

Update finally, life is busy these days. Flo didn't make it and Seed #3 turned out to be male, so I'm down to the AHP and Seed #2 now. Those 2 seem to be doing fine for the most part. With more room in the tent I'm thinking of extending the veg time and transplanting them once more to a bigger container, kinda seeing how things turn out. The Promix isn't working as well for me as I thought, feeding is still pretty tricky since getting down the correct amounts is tough. I'm looking into making some nice organic soil next time, pretty much set up the soil perfectly in the beginning and let the plant do its thing. I'm also looking into air pots

Picture time, the ladies are looking fine. Seed #2 is just beautiful still, it's retaining its gorgeous green color and gaining a little more bulk to it. AHP is a bit more yellow, maybe from transplant shock. I have ph locked in at this point, no issues there. With the change in the ratio of perlite, I don't need over a gallon to water them anymore; now it takes around 3/4 gallon to water one fully. At this point, it's looking like I'll start flowering in 10 days give or take.

Here is AHP:
20150825_123207_1_.jpg
20150825_123215_1_.jpg

And here is Seed #2:
20150825_123234_1_.jpg
20150825_123305_1_.jpg
20150825_123252_1_.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom