Flo # 2 - Austin Hash Plant - Random Seeds

Made up a solution and gave all the plants their first feeding, tiny as it was. Also found 2 tiny black bugs on the floor of the tent near the opening. They resembled small black lady bugs and just seemed to crawl around slowly. Gonna research now to see if I can find out what they are. Other than that, everything is going great now and officially set up!

So the beetles were most likely carpet bugs, nothing much to worry about. Haven't seen any more since then. Plants are looking great after the little feeding, take a look:

Austin Hash Plant
20150609_093405_1_.jpg

The random seeds
20150609_093413_1_.jpg

Flo #2
20150609_093423_1_.jpg

The flash on my camera shows the newer green growth on some of the plants, kinda cool :)

looking good stealth!

your medium seems really dry for just being fed.
couple questions for ya,
how much water are you giving at feeding?
how often are you watering?
do the pots feel heavy or light to you?
what and how much nutes are you feeding?

sorry for bombarding you, but I think we can figure this out and get them a healthier green.

I use the lift the pot method, waterings maybe every 4 or 5 days. I mixed up a 1/4th gallon and split it between the 5 babies. Had like 7 drops of Grow Big in the 1/4th gallon and a little micronutes/calmag. They aren't dry atm for sure, but they will be in a few days. The color could be a little better but I'm blaming it on the fact that the plants are young.

yeah I should have specified. your red cup babies look fine.

it was the larger gallon (?) potted plants I was looking at.

Just an update. The strongest grower so far is the Flo, its probably doubled its number of leaves by now. Seed #2 and the AHP are both doing well also. Seed #1, the tiny one I almost got rid of, is very bushy and short with a dark green color to it, curious to see what it turns out like. Temps are 72-79F and RH 48-59%, just where I want it. Been getting record rain here this Summer I think so the natural humidity is over 50% currently, kinda helps me out for now hehe. The seeds were definitely ready for a feeding too; they are slowly becoming less yellow and more green since the feeding.

looking good Stealthboat! I see some rich green which means nutrition is doing fine. I relaunched my grow show, now with the right food for hydro, my plant is about as big as yours if you want to click on my sig. Peace!

VP

Few more pics today, been a week now. Growth is looking good and plentiful, seedlings are definitely bigger (pretty much plants now). Definitely need to start feeding them all from here on out.
Here's the seedlings:
20150616_152946_1_.jpg

Flo #2:
20150616_152939_1_.jpg

Austin Hash Plant (it's a little overwatered still but doing fine):
20150616_153104_1_.jpg

I'll try to get pics up today or tomorrow. Plants are doing fine still, temps in the 70's and humidity in the 50's. It's been very hot these last few days and my set up seems stable enough that it won't go over 83F even with high outdoor temps :slide:
Flo seems to be packing on the leaves the fastest. Gonna top these babies soon too, gotta keep em trained this time around. On a side note, I randomly found 8 seeds in my last batch of Zeta Sage I picked up so guess I got some more seeds for next round already. I hope they aren't hermie produced seeds though. Believe it or not it's been 60 days since I first dropped the seeds in water, time flies!

Watered the plants yesterday, the seed plants look a little hungry, still not quite sure but I fed them more this time. Clones are doing fine, its obvious they are building roots. Temps and humidity are looking good, I'll probably top all these plants very soon to get the canopy going/set up.

The seed plants:
20150628_092020_1_.jpg

Flo #2:
20150628_092028_1_.jpg

Austin Hash Plant:
20150628_092044_1_.jpg

Believe it or not it's been 60 days since I first dropped the seeds in water, time flies!

ok im confused, again.
the plants in the red solo cups are 60+ days old?

They went in distilled water 60 days ago, root probably showed like 54 days ago and they started growing in the medium about 50 days ago.

50 days in the solo cup?
think they might be root bound?

50 days in the solo cup?
think they might be root bound?

They are clones... Clones can take a long time to establish, 50 days is nothing for a clone. But yes, eventually Stealthboat will have to get them out of there.

Vlad

edit: the solo cups are germinated from seed, my bad.

They are clones... Clones can take a long time to establish, 50 days is nothing for a clone. But yes, eventually Stealthboat will have to get them out of there.

Vlad

ok I am still confused.
which plants are the 60+ day from seed?

the picture for the red solo cup says "the seed plants".

im not trying to be a dick, im trying to understand this growing technique. I want to find a plant that grows low and full for a 3X3 sog.
this may be a potential candidate.

ok I am still confused.
which plants are the 60+ day from seed?

the picture for the red solo cup says "the seed plants".

im not trying to be a dick, im trying to understand this growing technique. I want to find a plant that grows low and full for a 3X3 sog.
this may be a potential candidate.

I went back in time and speed read from page 1, it appears that the two solo cups are from seed that he germinated on APRIL 27. That's a long time ago indeed. But I am not going to pass judgement on a fellow's grow and make the wrong assumptions. I guess we will have to wait for Stealthboat to tell us how he did this amazing feat :surf:

Vlad

The solo cups are the seeds and the other 2 are the clones. Yes they are probably just about root bound, I wanted to make very sure that they filled the container first though before any transplanting unlike my last grow. The seeds are all random ones I've acquired so no idea on their lineage or if they grow short and stout. I'll probably transplant tomorrow or something, gonna have to dump 1 seed plant though since there will only be room for 4. I was hoping preflowers might show up but doesn't look like it so far.

The solo cups are the seeds and the other 2 are the clones. Yes they are probably just about root bound, I wanted to make very sure that they filled the container first though before any transplanting unlike my last grow. The seeds are all random ones I've acquired so no idea on their lineage or if they grow short and stout. I'll probably transplant tomorrow or something, gonna have to dump 1 seed plant though since there will only be room for 4. I was hoping preflowers might show up but doesn't look like it so far.

We are sure they will grow a lot faster as soon as you can get them transplanted! Good job Stealthboat.

Vlad

I transplanted all the seed plants today. #3 was indeed rootbound, #2 was still a few days away and #1 was probably a week out from being rootbound, so the timing was good for the most part. I decided to keep them all for the time being until I can determine sex, or until I run out of room. Not much else to say, other than transplanting is annoying ;)
I will put up a few more pics soon too

Back
Top Bottom