Florida Medical Marijuana

Hello everyone, this is my first post here :D and what I've been doin is let one person know and tell them to sign the petition and pass the word on to all their friends who need and or use mmj and have them pass the word on from there, I got a guaranteed 15 while at work today, some from customers even!

*bump* and update: as of march 24th, 2011...

"Although Rep. Jeff Clemens (D – Lake Worth) introduced his resolution to put a medical marijuana question on the 2012 ballot over a week and a half ago, it still has not been scheduled for a hearing. The resolution was referred to the Health and Human Services Committee and the Criminal Justice Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee. Please email your representative and ask him or her to lobby House leadership to give this resolution a public hearing.

After going through the committee process, HJR 1407 would have to pass through both the House and the Senate in Florida with 60% support in each chamber. If this happens, a ballot question will be put before the people of Florida to add a medical marijuana provision to the state constitution. The ballot question would need to get 60% support in order to become law. Write your representative and ask that she or he help get the process moving by asking for a hearing on HJR 1407.

Thank you for your support."

Florida

Thanks for the update MJ Minx. We need to get this passed and allow people access to a natural medicine that wasn't created in some lab for money.

preachin' to the choir, brother :surf:

New steps in Florida. Sign the petition do not hope for it to make it through the Legislature.

If you live in Florida and you want to vote on whether to legalize medical marijuana on the 2012 ballot, you'd better hope that either House Joint Resolution 353 makes it through the Legislature, or that 646,889 more Floridians sign the People United for Medical Marijuana petition.

juniorkush said:
i just joined

o Share this post on
o Digg
o Del.icio.us
o Technorati
o Facebook
o MySpace
o Twitter

I believe Marijuana is a gift from God...And Satan hates Marijuana and is? trying to undermine its blessings by spreading lies! hope more people can stop being ignorant and open there eyes.Free the WEED And FREE Marc Emery The Prince Of Pot !! cannabis brings Love,Peace,Happiness and unity

Oh ho you have given a good post . I am so so happy to read your post .Great Thanks .:bravo:

Huge news that atty John Morgan has taken a lead role at PUFMM and in memory of his Father who died of cancer and derived some help from medical cannabis, has pledged to write a check for the 3 1/2 million dollars in order to help get it on the ballot in 2014 and said "he will get the job done".

This is huge news, please get involved. My Wife and I are going to go door to door when appropriate to do so with petitions in hand. I got 5 signed petitions the other day just at my dentists office and yes the Doctor is the 1st one to sign the petition and after I told her that my Wife and I would go door to do, said she would do the same with her husband. She is a VERY well known prosthodontist in Ft Myers who has thousands of patiens thruout the midwest, canada and of course here in SW Fla. I'm pushing 60 and I'm pretty sure she's my age as is her husband. There's a lot of support for this in Fla but the system is so corrupt we have to do MORE than anyone else. Has anyone else had to get a constitutional ammendment in order to get it on the ballot and doing so requires nearly 700,000 signatures from registered voters? The odds are more like North Korea turning Libertarian.

But this fellow John Morgan really could be the game changer and he says we WILL get the signatures by feb 2014 in order to get on the ballot in november. Technically speaking there could be medical cannabis, "technically" in Fla by the end of 2013 I've read somewhere although obviously Nov 2014 is the big one. Please get involved in any way that you can. Let's see some competition between the states for BEST medicines and like they have these cooking competitions with Gordon Ramsey? Well here's a natural heh heh.

We can do this Florida! :thumb:

Representing the 863! I want to sign that petition. John Morgan, eh? of the "Morgan & Morgan" firm?

November 2014, wish I could vote. :(

The new FL petition is available for download and signing. It is a 2 page document so make sure you read the directions on how to do it correctly otherwise your signed petition may not be counted.
I am not allowed to post a link to another website here, but if you search for United for Care in Florida you should find the link to their website and then the petition.
Print out some for your friends as well.

Gotta be a registered voter (in Florida) to sign the petition. It's at Petition - United for Care. Also of note, in case you might worry about it, all info is public record once sent to the Supervisor of Elections, who apparently counts the petitions or something. FOI or whatever.

I went to the facebook site a couple of days ago and I think it isn't updated so good. I thought there would be way more signatures recorded

They are a bit slow in updating the progress of received signatures. LOTS of money begging.
John Morgan has funded radio ads and hopefully they will generate more awareness and signatures.

This bill was passed and signed, but somehow the smoke shop association was able to get their lobbyists to work in some ridiculous loophole so after the bill was signed everything continued on like clockwork. Business as usual. If you really dig into some legislation and see how they guys work loopholes into bills so they can do "xyz" although the bill may be called "under no circumstances can anyone do xyz"

Lol

I'm afraid the situation is not as rosy as it seems. The medical marijuana ballot initiative has been successful. All the polls show that the vast majority of people support mmj.

BUT big business is running the show on Amendment 2 in Florida. The lucky few that will be licensed to open a dispensary will have spent nearly a half million dollars required to secure the growing, processing and distribution facilities not counting the $5 MILLION performance bond that is also required by the state. This will force all dispensaries to justify high prices, estimated to be $350 - $400 per ounce simply so they can support the massive infrastructures that the state demands. United For Care is leading the charge and they have not included any provisions which which would allow individuals who are in need of medical marijuana, to grow their own at a fraction of the cost.

They gloss over the topic in all their literature. Read the bottom of their handout.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/759/Unbenannt1.JPG

Bring attention to this issue by contacting Senator Jeff Clemens
-Demand that patients should have the right to grow their own medicine and determine dosage with their personal doctor.
-Demand that personal caregivers may have more than 5 patients.
-Demand that the state should issue individual grow-op licenses independent of a an established dispensary.

This will prevent dispensaries from fleecing people in need of this miracle flower.

His facebook page: Log in or sign up to view

Find your senator here and contact him/her please: Senators - The Florida Senate

Back
Top Bottom