For all the stealth micro grow box growers

Just figured id give an update.. i received my ph up/down kit and ph meter.. got it dialed in.. heck i was actually having fun messing with the ph.. My tap water has a base ph of 4.4.. dont know if this is good or bad.. but dialed in the ph meter with solutions it came with.. and played around with the ph up/down..all im waiting on is nutes and the beans.. hope the beans make it safely and undamaged.. and also waiting on my ec meter.. soon ill have a pic of the finished stealth box

Tap water with a ph of 4.4?? Seems wrong some how. Have a look on your water suppliers website, it should have a water quality report in there. My tap water has a ph of 7.2.

You must have toxic levels of metals in your water. It could be from old lead pipes or contaminated water sources. Take a clean sample to a water-testing facility and have it checked out.

Ok just a quick update.. ive have given up totally on the emergency blankets.. i have been through 6.. they tear way too easily.. so ill be going with flat white paint on the inside.. also had to modify my scrubber by shortening it so i could vent out of the back like i wanted to.. also i came up with a way to put the filter i wanted on my passive intake.. ill post pics shortly.. so once i get the inside completed i will be ready to go if my beans get here in time.

IMG_20151126_210311_526.jpg
IMG_20151126_210433_941.jpg
IMG_20151126_210626_431.jpg
IMG_20151126_210719_099.jpg

Any advice on cutting these emergency blankets? ive tried razor blades, exacto knive, everything.. scissors work fine while its outside the box.. but to trim the excess off it keeps ripping.. ive had all i can take with thes.. next time ill install them b4 i assemble the box.. and thats my advice for anyone attempting to use them... either that or stay away from them.. they arent worth the hassle.. but i dont like the idea of going with white paint

so im at a standstill

You went with wood, so staple them down. The plants don't care if it isn't perfect. If you absolutely must patch the rips, use either white duct tape or clear packaging tape.

If plan A fails, White latex-based paint, once it dries, gives you a plastic reflective surface that is also waterproof. Much easier to apply than sheets of mylar or emergency blanket.

Ok well i finally got the emergency blankets on.. everywhere except the top.. gotta mount filter and light brackets.. its far from perfect by all means but i guess it will be alright.. even though its driving me crazy with the wrinkles in it.. but on my next box i know how to solve that problem.. lesson learned already.. lol
IMG_20151128_013312_194.jpg
IMG_20151128_013403_354.jpg
IMG_20151128_013342_949.jpg

Thanks Mr.A.. ive tried to do my best with this build and learned a lot along the way.. i will be doing another on my 2nd box.. will post another update when i get the filter mounted and lights installed just to show finished setup.. as soon as beans come in ill be starting a journal.. also got an idea to build a scrog setup ill show when done.. I will get in touch with a mod and see if they like your idea

Also You Mentioned Before U Got 7G Per Plant.. What Size Was Yout Grow Area And What Strain? I Have A Friend That Did A Grow In A 16X16x24 Grow Box And Yeilded Around 14Grams From One plant

I'm planning on purchasing a grow box 24" tall.. concerned about plant height though, especially after the pot and lights are put into the box. I was wondering how your friend managed in a 24" tall box? Lst? Any insight would be greatly appreciated
:circle-of-love:

If you must grow in a 24" tall box, you will need to go wider to accommodate how wide your one plant will be when tying her down. You may need to grow in short, but wide bins, which will give you more head room for veg growth. I suggest 36" wide and 24" deep , which will barely be room enough to bring one well-trained plant to harvest. In a cabinet so small, you will have heat issues unless you use household cfl's, which allow you to lower the lights to within 3" of the plant.

If at all possible, try to give your plant at least 36" in height, which can be achieved rather economically with wire shelving. You can cover the framework with heavy cardboard panels covered with aluminum foil(dull side out) and paint the outside panels any color to match the room. The heavy-duty cardboard is free at appliance stores. A large refrigerator shipping box will accommodate an adjustable shelving unit to which you can clip lights, fans. The upper chamber can be used for babies and small tools and pots.

Back
Top Bottom