For all the stealth micro grow box growers

Heya folks,, mind iffin I chime in a bit,, no worries iffin y'all don't have room in here,, the micro grows are perty congested all right,,:Namaste:

Just wanted to give my 2bits worth on the wall coverings in the box,, i have read that aluminum foil or the reflective surface materials can really throw out hot spots,, areas where reflections inadvertently come together,, producing damaging heat,, in spots,, and i would think that in an enclosed area the problem might even be magnified,, ha,, get it????

Just a thought,, white paint is absolutely just as reflective, and in an enclosed space would seem to me to be the ideal solution

I did not read the whole journal, but can I guess there are cfl's involved,, keep em close pal,, two inches is too far

Best of luck,, love the micro grows,, cheers pal

White paint IS more than adequate, but if you want to use aluminum foil, use it dull side out. This eliminates hot spots. I'm going to try foil on removable panels on a third shelving unit I need to cover for the new strain I purchased. I have two others lined with white tarp, which has worked well for me.

congrats on the mail,, yaay,, patience is indeed a virtue,, now too,, cheers,, i would go with ak's reasoning, and your research re storing seeds, till you find a reason to change,,

Quick question.. What size pot do i need to use in my size box.. i was looking at the 3 or 4 gal square pots. The 4 gal square is 12" tall which will cut me down significantly on grow height.. Any suggestions on pot size is greatly appreciate.. I will be trying to start a seed tomorrow so ill have a journal up and going..

What are the dimensions of your pots that you use? And what gal are they? Some say a 3gal square pot will work fine.. They are 9x 9x9

I use cheapo rectangular semi-clear storage bins, 11" x 17" x 7" high. I drilled 4 drainage holes, and use the lids as trays underneath to catch the water. These nominally hold about 3.5 gallons (14 quarts), but since we don't fill the soil to the top, it's a little over 3 gallons. It's amazing to see the roots cover the insides of the bins even before the plant grows all that big.

Roots first, leaves after.

Back
Top Bottom