Force flowering

420indablock

420 Member
i want to force flower my girls, how long does it take on a 12/12 for them to start flowering? what can i cover them up with to avoid killing them? is it ok if it's gonna be more than 12 hours? for example 14 of darkness? also once they start flowering do i need to keep covering them? what about time, how long does it take for complete flowering? i have feminized seeds

Is your grow indoors or outdoors? Photoperiods need at least 12 hours proper darkness to start flowering. I think it's usually after a week or two in 12/12 you will see pistils developing. Was about a week on mine. How old are your plants now?

Is your grow indoors or outdoors? Photoperiods need at least 12 hours proper darkness to start flowering. I think it's usually after a week or two in 12/12 you will see pistils developing. Was about a week on mine. How old are your plants now?
outdoors, they are exactly 2 months old, i planted them late i know... i'm not sure when to force flower them, how long does the entire process take if i would start doing 12/12 today? and what temperature is too low for them? and what's the right temp?

outdoors, they are exactly 2 months old, i planted them late i know... i'm not sure when to force flower them, how long does the entire process take if i would start doing 12/12 today? and what temperature is too low for them? and what's the right temp?
I've only done a couple of indoor grows so can't really say much on outdoors. Depends where in the world you are too I think but as far as I know it's the time of the year where the outdoor plants will be heading into flower anyway. How long it takes is all strain dependant and if they've had anything happen that could slow the growth. Wherever you got the seeds should say how long that strain typically takes to flower. Hopefully an outdoor grower will come along and help you out more. Should be plenty of threads on here with the answers you need anyway.

Welcome. If it's outdoors, I would be hesitant to mess with the light cycle at this point. It should be almost into flower right now, and messing with the light cycle now could stress the plant. You may end up back in veg if you are not careful. I've never done it, though. For instance: say you cover it for 12 hours for 2 weeks, and then let nature take it course. If the day is any longer than 12 hours(the equinox is September 23rd), you may have problems. Hope others with the experience will chime in.

Welcome. If it's outdoors, I would be hesitant to mess with the light cycle at this point. It should be almost into flower right now, and messing with the light cycle now could stress the plant. You may end up back in veg if you are not careful. I've never done it, though. For instance: say you cover it for 12 hours for 2 weeks, and then let nature take it course. If the day is any longer than 12 hours(the equinox is September 23rd), you may have problems. Hope others with the experience will chime in.
Excellent point.

my worry is that it's gonna start flowering too late and will freeze. i'm from spain. on the website flowering takes 9 - 11 weeks.

my worry is that it's gonna start flowering too late and will freeze. i'm from spain. on the website flowering takes 9 - 11 weeks.
When's your normal first frost? At your latitude, you should just about in pre-flower. You should be done by mid-late November at the latest. I'd just cover them on cold nights, if that's possible. I'm at 45 degrees N, and my hybrids are done by late October, if that helps. You should be a bit behind me.

When's your normal first frost? At your latitude, you should just about in pre-flower. You should be done by mid-late November at the latest. I'd just cover them on cold nights, if that's possible. I'm at 45 degrees N, and my hybrids are done by late October, if that helps. You should be a bit behind me.
idk about first frost, but around October it starts getting a bit cold for cannabis i think, i can tell you average minimum and max temps if that helps... i'm worried i wouldn't want my girls to freeze

It's a weed, and it can handle cool temps. Brings out some nice colors in the bud. Hard frost is the killer. I like to compare it to Goldenrod here in the States in it's hardiness. It's one of the last plants to turn brown in the fall. This help?
Spain Interactive First Frost Map

It's a weed, and it can handle cool temps. Brings out some nice colors in the bud. Hard frost is the killer. I like to compare it to Goldenrod here in the States in it's hardiness. It's one of the last plants to turn brown in the fall. This help?
Spain Interactive First Frost Map
i'm in the
Average First Frost Nov. 21 - Nov. 30.
so if i just leave it and make it flower by itself it's not gonna do any harm right? like lower yield or something

i'm in the
Average First Frost Nov. 21 - Nov. 30.
so if i just leave it and make it flower by itself it's not gonna do any harm right? like lower yield or something
Your climate sounds perfect for Sativas. You should do fine unless you have some very unusual early cold. Protect it on those nights if needed.

Your climate sounds perfect for Sativas. You should do fine unless you have some very unusual early cold. Protect it on those nights if needed.
mine isn't sativa tho, it's Sativa 25% Indica 75% what i was worried about are temps. i heard they need to be around 18-26 during flowering. but they are gonna get way lower than that

18C is 64F. My greenhouse gets there or below that almost every night because I'm in the mountains. I can grow nice hybrids, no sweat. The temps in my greenhouse change 30 degrees F or more just about every day. Sativas take even longer to mature, so you should be just fine. The 18-26 range is probably optimum daytime temp. This is a weed, and can thrive under less than optimum conditions.

18C is 64F. My greenhouse gets there or below that almost every night because I'm in the mountains. I can grow nice hybrids, no sweat. The temps in my greenhouse change 30 degrees F or more just about every day. Sativas take even longer to mature, so you should be just fine. The 18-26 range is probably optimum daytime temp. This is a weed, and can thrive under less than optimum conditions.
yeah but in november it can get as low as 6 degrees here.... it's that way too low?

yeah but in november it can get as low as 6 degrees here.... it's that way too low?
Nope. My temps in October are often lower than that in my greenhouse. I've had plants handle -2 degrees C in the greenhouse. Just cover them if you think it will be below 3 degrees C. I doubt you'll have any trouble

Nope. My temps in October are often lower than that in my greenhouse. I've had plants handle -2 degrees C in the greenhouse. Just cover them if you think it will be below 3 degrees C. I doubt you'll have any trouble
i checked out your green house nice work. You dont mention RH though thats the killer where i live pacific northwest coastal climate..Soon as September rolls around bud mould is lurking cool wet nites..So thats why i light dep most of my plants are harvested already :). DSC_1304.JPG

i checked out your green house nice work. You dont mention RH though thats the killer where i live pacific northwest coastal climate..Soon as September rolls around bud mould is lurking cool wet nites..So thats why i light dep most of my plants are harvested already :).DSC_1304.JPG
RH here can be a problem in the greenhouse when it cools off. I turn down the thermostat control on my exhaust fan so it starts at lower temps. Growth is suppressed a bit, but the colors seem to improve with the cold.

Back
Top Bottom