Cali024

*In Strict Compliance with California Proposition 215 and Senate Bill 420*

Whats up 420Mag!

I'm starting a fresh grow from scratch and wanted to set up my first official thread from day 1 to day smoke. Along with the awesomeness of doing all this, i really hope to, not answer, but help a lot of people with their common questions.

Let me say first, there is no one "true" way to grow. The most important aspect is your environment. How well you maintain your "box's" environment, gives you the capability for certain things.

For Example: If your box's natural average temp is on the cool side, pop the glass out and free heat. If you are in Southern Cali in August and you live in an upstairs apartment it is impossible to run non-air cooled unless you invest in an a/c capable of cooling your box enough to allow you to keep the glass off. Usually by default, If you have less than 4 lights, it is suggested to air cool because your probably working in a small space and it can be a fire hazard if the right equipment isnt available.

Anyway, I have my tents and throughout this week ill get the rest.

(2) 4x8x9 Sun Hut XXL Silver -----> 4x8x9 = 32sqft = 310.22cuft/when using total inches.

For now and since its a fresh grow, i'm going to use just 1 tent to veg about 30 plants, pull the males, save the females, choose a mother, and by that time ill have the other tent set up for bloom. Now, in theory if i use total space in 1 tent to veg i will only fill half the bloom tent with selects until i set up a good rotation.

Soil: Veg/Vermisoil Bloom/VermiFire

Not to familiar with these, need to do a little research on diluting or not but im about 8 days away from going live so we still have a little time.

I'll re-post with an official supplies list closer to when i get started. Pretty sure I'm going to be running (2) 400w MH, one on each side, but a few things to consider.

Comparing to the 50wt/sqft and 5klum/sqft
4x8 call for watts: 1920
4x8 call for lumen: 160k

4x4 call for watts: 960
4x4 call for lumen: 80k

Some can argue that those are sums for the entire tent space and you only grow in a limited amount.
Big question is how much hotter will a 400 or 600 MH make a 4x4 space? Will bare bulb heat a 4x4 too much that it needs to be cooled? or will 2 400/600s MH in 4x8 vented well, be ok bare bulbed?

Many updates coming soon.

Quick lesson on how to upload pics? I ordered new parts and want to post an official materials list with pics. Thanks

Finally have 12 girls (clones) under the light, 1 looks really healthy the rest are iffy, i got the clones from a clone only delivery close by hoping for good results... guess we will see.

Material List:
-SunHut 4 x 8 tent
-Ushio 600 watt full spectrum mh conversion bulb
-Digilume 600 watt dimmable digital ballast
-sunlight supply low ryder 6" hood
-active air 6" in-line fan
-insulated ducting
-small oscillating fan

The clone guy had them in rw cubes but put each cube in a solo cup of soil since i told him i was going soil. I have VermiSoil prepared to use once i feel the clones are ready to be transplanted. I have pics if someone can give me a quick rundown on how to upload them. sorry if its newb question.
-

Back
Top Bottom