Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

when the mix stops sending up new c02 bubbles you give it a shake and sit it back down , if after the shake theres still no bubbles ypu make up a new batch , each batch lasted me about a week

I was expecting to have to do it every day so that's awesome to hear I can just do a change when I'm doing my res change as well. Now all I need is something to shake the bottles for me and I can sit back and enjoy the show haha. Co2 meters are over $100 I cant justify spending that much just to find out how much its really creating

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

420-magazine-mobile1564758041.jpg

Was quite shocked to see the humidity in the fridge is 46% The small bar fridge veg box is up in the 70s. Seems too good to be true.

I was expecting to have to do it every day so that's awesome to hear I can just do a change when I'm doing my res change as well. Now all I need is something to shake the bottles for me and I can sit back and enjoy the show haha. Co2 meters are over $100 I cant justify spending that much just to find out how much its really creating

You can use a cheap test kit like this Active Air Co2 Test Kit - Discount Hydroponics

Dude I fucking love you and hate you so much... I have had this idea for some time now and haven't had the time and such to play with it.. I'm so jealous you dog...

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been digging around trying to learn more about co2 methods and although everywhere I've read has pretty much said don't bother with dry ice because of price and longevity, surely you could do something similar to the fermenting yeast idea and add small amounts of crushed dry ice to a bottle of water?

ENSURING THERE IS AN ESCAPE FOR PRESSURE IT PRODUCES! Otherwise it would be a bomb! lol

I don't see why it couldn't feed in through a tube. Might need to still top up regularly, but temperature would not be a concern and I think the amount of co2 it would produce would be higher then the homebrew. This is all hypothesis of course and I may be missing something completely, but dry ice by the kg is not that expensive where I live. All methods I've seen have been letting it flow freely over the plants which I see as overkill and short-lived.

Any thoughts?

420-magazine-mobile1538416541.jpg

Shit, I even used a tube to exhale into my small grow area. I could then measure a change in CO2 after a few minutes of filling the tent with my breath. But I found sugar water and yeast to be very easy to use. Dry ice is nice since in theory, it is clean. But it is dangerous. I would take a cooler, run a tube from it to your space. Blocks of dry ice last longer, but they go by fast. And they don't last long in the freezer.

What you need to do is get a paintball CO2 tank, and a cheap regulator. You can just tuck the canister in the side of the tent and crack the regulator. Experiment with the flow rate to determine how much you need to use.

420-magazine-mobile1039524030.jpg

Works out to be $1.10 a day if 16g is adequate. Can't wait to have results of testing. Will have to wait for time being. Funds are tied up in a new LED for now

What is the total volume in cubic feet of the grow area(s)? You can then calculate how much CO2 to add. Measure the fridge and I'll help you calculate the effect of dumping 16g of CO2 on your concentration. I suspect that the plants will use much more than 16g of CO2 daily as this is the main source of carbon for the plant.

Back
Top Bottom