Fudo Myoo's Organic, LED Homegrown Journal

I’m not doing landrace this time. I’m going to cook a batch just for that for next time.
How do you keep the soil that high? More Lime? If I put a handful of garden lime in the bins now, wait a week, then transplant, would it hurt/help? I’m out of time for this batch. I just tested it again with Ro and it’s 6.1. I’ll get a bottle of distilled today. Soils been cooking a month. I used revs suggested amount of garden lime in absence of dolomite…
I used dolomite lime. It has to be that if you're going the lime route. I have no formula. I think I went with an extra cup in ten gallons and gave it a month or more to cook. I didn't make a seperate journal for that grow so I can't find where I amended it for the LC-18 grow. It's here somewhere, sorry.

Garden lime has less magnesium than dolomite. 👁️👁️
It is low. I tested it again with distilled and it was 5.9, actually lower than RO. It’s rerun soil so I obviously didn’t put enough lime in. I threw 1 more cup of lime in each bin. It’ll take at least 2 weeks till I can use it so those plants better stay small. lol. I’m testing ffof right now just to see what I get.
It has to be dolomite or the soil ph doesn't move from what I hear.

I used dolomite lime. It has to be that if you're going the lime route. I have no formula. I think I went with an extra cup in ten gallons and gave it a month or more to cook. I didn't make a seperate journal for that grow so I can't find where I amended it for the LC-18 grow. It's here somewhere, sorry.

Garden lime has less magnesium than dolomite. 👁️👁️

It has to be dolomite or the soil ph doesn't move from what I hear.

False advertising!

IMG_8512.jpeg
IMG_8513.jpeg
IMG_8514.jpeg

Probably not as long as you use distilled, make a slurry, stir every 15 mins for an hour, and calibrate your meter!

I found my FFOF and HF both lower than I wanted, so now I just add 1-2 Tbs of dolomite lime to every gallon. Someday I'll retest after that. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yeah that’s what I’m doing. I calibrated it and tested it in the solution and it went right to 7ph.

I dunno the difference in the wording but it says dolomitic limestone on the bag. Is there an actual definition of "garden lime"? I looked it up:

"There are different types of lime, and not all are meant for landscaping purposes. Lime intended for garden use is labeled as 'garden lime' or 'dolomitic lime.' Made from ground-up rock, limestone, or dolomite, lime is high in calcium. Dolomitic lime differs from garden lime in that it contains magnesium, in addition to calcium. Lime makes soils less acidic, raising the pH level."

Also:
"Dolomitic lime is made from dolomite, a type of rock very similar to limestone except it also contains magnesium. Both types of lime provide calcium for plants, but dolomitic lime also supplies magnesium, a nutrient often low in soils in NC. Other types of lime you may find for sell include hydrated or slaked lime and quick or burnt lime. These are not recommended for lawns and gardens."

Also:
"As the name suggests, dolomitic lime is manufactured by crushing dolomitic limestone down to very small pieces. As with agricultural lime, dolomitic lime works to increase the pH levels of acidic soil and return the earth to nearly neutral.
The primary difference between the two materials is that, in addition to containing calcium carbonate, dolomitic lime also contains a mixture of magnesium carbonate. Typically, the mineral is comprised of approximately 50% calcium carbonate and 40% magnesium carbonate with the remainder being other materials.
Because both calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate are basic, the idea is that both can work together to improve soil conditions while also introducing valuable nutrients into the earth that are essential to plants."

Seems like they both work to raise pH if you're not concerned about adding magnesium.

I dunno the difference in the wording but it says dolomitic limestone on the bag. Is there an actual definition of "garden lime"? I looked it up:

"There are different types of lime, and not all are meant for landscaping purposes. Lime intended for garden use is labeled as 'garden lime' or 'dolomitic lime.' Made from ground-up rock, limestone, or dolomite, lime is high in calcium. Dolomitic lime differs from garden lime in that it contains magnesium, in addition to calcium. Lime makes soils less acidic, raising the pH level."

Also:
"Dolomitic lime is made from dolomite, a type of rock very similar to limestone except it also contains magnesium. Both types of lime provide calcium for plants, but dolomitic lime also supplies magnesium, a nutrient often low in soils in NC. Other types of lime you may find for sell include hydrated or slaked lime and quick or burnt lime. These are not recommended for lawns and gardens."

Also:
"As the name suggests, dolomitic lime is manufactured by crushing dolomitic limestone down to very small pieces. As with agricultural lime, dolomitic lime works to increase the pH levels of acidic soil and return the earth to nearly neutral.
The primary difference between the two materials is that, in addition to containing calcium carbonate, dolomitic lime also contains a mixture of magnesium carbonate. Typically, the mineral is comprised of approximately 50% calcium carbonate and 40% magnesium carbonate with the remainder being other materials.
Because both calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate are basic, the idea is that both can work together to improve soil conditions while also introducing valuable nutrients into the earth that are essential to plants."

Seems like they both work to raise pH if you're not concerned about adding magnesium.
Cool, I think we’re good.

So I poured all the soil out and calculated the best I could how much lime I needed considering the ph. 2.75 cups per bin. I hope it’s right.

So @StoneOtter , if I let these go 2 more weeks or up pot them while I’m waiting on the soil, would it be pointless to use the sips considering the advanced root development?

Good morning. They’re all growing but my two Tropicana Cookies are a little slow to wake up. I’m guessing they’re all waiting for a nutrient dose. Yesterday afternoon I top dressed with all purpose under a layer of moist ffof. This morning they got their 1st real watering. I gave them about 20oz apiece, 1/2 RO and 1/2 tap with Recharge at 1/2tsp per 1/2gal. Amount was determined by the size of the root ball, just till it was dripping out the bottom. Stank Breath is a little pale but she’s always been.

IMG_8517.jpeg
IMG_8515.jpeg

The Frosted Gelato and Stank Breath appear to be growing the fastest .
IMG_8516.jpeg

Getting a little bigger by the day. The T.C’s in the middle perked up a bit but are still pretty droopy. I’m not sure what to do with the G.P at the end. Thing needs to be laid down sideways, everything else looks trainable.

IMG_8529.jpeg

So I was thinking that maybe there was a labeling mixup between the Stank and Frosted Gelato. There’s nothing indica about the Stank and nothing Sativa about the F.G.
IMG_8525.jpeg

There was a fire sale on Mars lights so I picked up 2 more 300w’s. This should do the trick. 2 350w and 2 300w = 1300w. The other will be used for a small veg tent when the time comes. It’ll be much cooler with no drivers and cob heat sinks in there.

IMG_8527.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom